Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Cythereal posted:

On the mythological reference of Garm, perhaps more important to naming something Project Garm is that Garm is said to be the signal that Ragnarok has begun: he will be released from his duty guarding the gates of Helheim and his howl will be heard throughout creation. Ultimately, his fate is to die together with Tyr, the god of justice and honor.

If you want to name something spooky and ominous as gently caress after Norse mythology, Garm is an excellent choice.
Yeah, if something is named after Garm itīs going to be a bad thing 100% of those times..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Strategic Sage posted:

Anyway, we're done here. Thanks to all who stuck with it. It'll be some while before I get it started probably due to being behind schedule on some things at the moment, but my next retro game will be Imperium Galactica. My rose-colored nostalgia glasses led me to underestimate how tedious some of this game would get, but I hope it was enjoyable nonetheless. I'll be submitting this to the archives soon.
Oh boy! Imperium Galactica will make Ground Control feel like a masterpiece of game design, by comparison.