Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We need to mark this warcrime and remember to get back at Thomas in the future.

Call the Terradynes the Military Police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I used the APC's way more than you did when I played. That gun is about as strong as a couple light terradynes together and is placed high enough that it can shoot over the infantry without risk of friendly fire until the enemy gets very close. And the recharge on the APC lets you shore up the hardest hit parts quickly without wasting repair/med packs.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Not that flat. Sage keeps letting his guys shoot the small hills in front of them instead of moving them or moving the camera to check fire lanes when placing units :argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I tend to keep one infantry with my force throughout the game for a couple reasons.

1. We are guaranteed to have an APC so they aren't slowing you down

2. They have an important niche. Vehicles have a hard time hitting infantry. There's a reason our MBT have those HE shells! Infantry can tank hits from all but scouts for a long time, especially if you are on the ball with medpacks. Similarly, in an offensive situation infantry are the best way to remove the enemy infantry instead of having to sit there for five minutes wasting shots or using up consumables

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Unfortunately I got the game years after it came out so I was aware that there was a second campaign from the start. No surprise for me. I do like how they characterize the faction from the inside, though. It turns mindless zealot opponents into humans with real motivations once we hit their campaign.

And for the Crusaders, name them Lorem Ipsum because of all the Latin in the factions and they started us out