Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Love to see this being played and massive props for trying it on Hard, the game is difficult enough on its own. Or I was just that bad it. Whatever.
Anyway, this is a great piece of gaming history; if nothing else it should be remembered as the originator of World in Conflict which loving owns.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not really, a lot of the stuff you mention (terrain, spotting, elevation...) was featured in stuff like Total Annihilation (and stealth has been part of RTS since the original Command & Conquer). This might have been the first fully 3D RTS to do it, though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Hell, I forgot we were fighting for the Craven Corporation... The game really doesn't do subtle.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, the fact it is a pain in the rear end to actually play makes the game perfect LP material. This way, everyone gets the experience but only you get the suffering.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Name one squad One Day to Retirement so we know who won't be missed by the enemy fire.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Having to do dry runs of a mission just so you know what to bring in order to win was what ultimately turned me off this game. As it progresses, it looks less and less like a strategy game and more and more like a puzzle - which is fine, I guess, but you expect some options in this genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Sylphosaurus posted:

Oh boy! Imperium Galactica will make Ground Control feel like a masterpiece of game design, by comparison.
I'm definitely looking forward to the LP, got a lot of memories of that one.