Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
The idea of a more limited RTS made me crave some Original War, and apparently it is still somewhat maintained. :toot:

If you don't know Original War, it differs from more standard RTS in that you have to scavenge across the map for the main resource, and also that while you can build base, your manpower is limited and you don't get more. So while you can eventually scavenge enough stuff to build 30 tanks, if you have just 10 drivers, they are mostly useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
In "At The Source", who the hell thought that having to destroy all of the base is a good idea? That's like 10 minutes of my life I am not getting back :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I don't mind length, but the pointlessness. :v:

There was a significant amount of time, where there was nothing that could fight back, and the most dangerous things to you was friendly fire from your braindead AI ally. And, unlike with some different RTSes, where you often take a victory lap by A-clicking your bestest and coolest units, while watching the pretty explosions, GC does not have that.