Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I hope multiverse hopping happens and lets the Default 1/Second crews show up or at least make cameos at some point.

Also one of the main characters should be quietly replaced with Edea before release, is that in the survey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

I don't like what I'm hearing here. I really want this game to be good.
I wouldn't worry yet. I haven't read anything in here yet that is a deal breaker, or even more likely, something that can't be fixed before the formal launch. It's also missing stuff that are Bravely staples so I would expect to see them return for the proper game.

This is just an overtuned demo for feedback. IIRC both Octopath and Daemon X Machina improved between their feedback demos and actual games, although I never played either. I have faith in the team that this one will be as good as the first two.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Finally getting around to digging into this and I think I agree with most of the complaints and praise so far.

I like how it looks and feels, it's very much a new Bravely game, so it was comfortable right off the bat. That's a good thing, although I haven't gotten too far yet.

I could feel the overtuning from the beginning though. The first few battles took way too long. It got easier once I unlocked the Monk lv3 ability and the full set of black magic to hit the weakpoints, but so far that has only trivialized the goblins and wolves while the hornets, for example, stay absurdly overpowered. Still working on upgrading my gear and leveling up though so maybe I'll get what I need to make them manageable too. I don't know if it needed to be tuned this high to be interesting, I think the bosses will do that well enough on their own, but I don't hate having to work for the wins. It would've been perfect if they'd given us that essential ability to adjust the encounter rate.

The biggest complaint is definitely the altered battle system. I don't know why they would change turn order that way. It took me over an hour to stop being surprised when I input an action and it immediately happened instead of moving on to to the next unit. It also makes auto-ing battles for grinding take far longer which is annoying since you have to grind to stand a chance against anything but goblins.

Hopefully they'll take some of the feedback into account for the final release, or there will be mechanics in the full game that take advantage of the altered style. I'm still super excited to play through it regardless.