Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

RunawayPantleg
Jul 2, 2007

hhhehehe
I haven't played Bravely in forever but is it just me or were you able to queue up your entire party's battle plan before taking any moves before? I'm pretty sure I remember being able to set up braves, defaults, and casting order before hitting a "go" button that would start the turn proper. In this demo it doesn't look like you get to strategize like that or at least I'm missing how to do it. That aside the environments and characters do look very nice and the game just generally kinda feels like home. Still getting used to the menus and information presentation is really wonky but it looks like it's all there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RunawayPantleg
Jul 2, 2007

hhhehehe

That....feels like a significant change to the fundamental way the battle system plays out. I think you could also set up pre-arranged attack rotations for clearing out trash fights if you didn't want to turn off enemy encounters. No enemy slider combined with inability to do a pre-loaded attack rotation and on field enemies is going to make dungeon crawling a slog. Hoping this is still an early representation of the game

RunawayPantleg
Jul 2, 2007

hhhehehe
I understand why they went more detailed on the character models now that they're developing on the Switch but I really do miss the chibis from the first 2 games. I imagine they tried it with the old painted-on faces without lips and noses in this engine and it probably looked out of place unfortunately. I feel like the character art direction was more cohesive in the previous ones. Ultimately I don't think it'll bother me that much because the job outfits are really great but man I just *clenches fist* really like the models in the previous games

RunawayPantleg
Jul 2, 2007

hhhehehe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is there any chance they will change the characters to have normally proportioned heads and faces if they get enough feedback in their survey? I actually like the look of the monsters

Unlikely, the chibi style is pretty much the Bravely series trademark. I think it just looks a little out of place now on a major HD console release compared to the 3DS games where it looked more at home on a handheld that didn't have HD rendering.