Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Sorry if this has been answered, but I checked the last few pages and didn't see it. Is there a way to see a count of how many monsters you've captured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

other than in battle, hitting Off the Leash? not that I know of

That shows you how many you currently have, right? I was wondering about total for the beastmaster’s capstone skill.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I had given the game permission to go online during expeditions, but I discovered in my settings that it was actually set to Off. go check and see what yours is set on right now

Huh. Thanks for bringing this up. I had just assumed I was connected to the online because I also gave it permission, but I just checked in my settings and it was off.

Here's to hoping my boat rewards increase slightly!

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
There are at least 2 dungeons with effects.

One has poison bushes that damage you if you walk through them (but you can cut them with a sword swipe).

The other has vents on the floor that periodically release steam and absolutely annihilate your HP.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

LiefKatano posted:

I don't think the poison bushes can be cut down? Even if you could it'd be incredibly tedious.

...That said I'm almost certain those are the only two dungeons with effects that interact with Dungeon Master.

You can, and it is.

And yeah, pretty sure those are the only 2 environmental hazards. It’s pretty dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

It strikes me that there are more differences between the chapters that point to different authorship:

* Dragons show up in chapter 3, but have never been mentioned before. Fairies also show up and while I can't actually remember if they're mentioned beforehand, they've certainly not been emphasized.
* In chapter 1, the water crystal being the water crystal is directly relevant to character motivations - Castor wanted it in order to provide water for the people of his desert city. But in chapters 2 and 3, the crystals are kind of an afterthought. Folie uses the crystal as... a trap for that little girl whose blood she wanted? It never actually matters that Wiswald is overgrown with crazy vegetation, the chapter is really all about Folie's crazy paint-making scheme and mind controlling people. And in chapter 3 the only mention at all I can recall is that people say it's a little warmer than it should be or something. And the plot of that chapter has nothing to do with the crystal at all, it's all about Helio wanting to soften up the place for invasion!
* Chapter 4 has nothing to do with the events of 1-3 either. None of the new villain underlings have any relation to what happened in those chapters, at best they've got vague connections to the backstory. The only real connection is to the prologue, in that Adam ostensibly stole the wind crystal to power his airship.
* In chapter 5-6, fairies are suddenly a big deal despite, as mentioned, barely being mentioned before. On the other hand, the ostensible conflict between fairies and humans is only paid minimal lip service when the party reaches Mag Mell, but is almost instantly discarded.

It's as if every author had a completely different idea about what the story was, and they didn't sync much up besides basic worldbuilding elements.

The yellow paint was derived from the bark of the trees, Folie was using the Earth crystal specifically to get a constant supply.

Lots of folks in Rimedhal mention how the snow used to be much worse and impactful to daily living. Domenic was using the Fire crystal to make life easier/better for Rimedhal and Helio had him convinced that the gift of the crystal itself was proof of Gwydion’s support and that he was doing the dragon’s will.

The situation in each city really has nothing to do with the plans of the individual chapter villains. All of it is part of Adam’s greater plan to soften each place up for conquest.

The story isn’t great, but it’s definitely more present than you’re making it out to be.