Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Heroes of Light are coming to take our jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Even Bravely Second didn't rely much on prior knowledge from its predecessor, but all the marketing about Bravely Default II has emphasized that it's a new world with new characters.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

tithin posted:

Any idea if bravely second's story ties into bd2?

So far they have been explicit that Bravely Default 2 takes place in a new world with new characters. If there is any connection between Bravely Default 2 and Bravely Second, it's a twist that has not yet been spoiled.

That's the second time in as many pages this question has been asked, so it should probably go in the OP eventually.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The wasps in the ruins need to loving cool it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm making a list of the complaints I want to include when they send out the survey:

• The characters shouldn't talk over each other so much in battle, and definitely shouldn't talk over themselves
  • A turn order forecast would be really nice
  • You should have to hold the button to flee, not just tap it, so it's harder to do on accident
  • The small minimap is too small (can't see unexplored areas on it) and the large minimap is too large (covers up the screen)
  • I can't tell what hitting an encounter with my sword even does

It's hitting all the right notes so far, though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

General consensus seems to be that the biggest single issue in the demo is the buttons used in the UI, and that's absolutely something that it's not too late to fix.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It looks like the survey is broken. I can't submit it, it just takes me back to the first page.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I actually like that there isn't a dedicated Default button. With the change to the battle system, being able to instantly end a character's turn with a single button press is bad UI because there's no way to undo it if you press it accidentally.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Is there a reason to hang onto collectable items, or should I just sell 'em?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Is it just me or the equipment optimization feature........not good

I'm not aware of there ever having been a game where "optimize equipment" is a good button to press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hello. I beat the game (including the superboss) and I'm feeling ready to dive right into NG+, though I think I will wait so as to give other games a chance. I think Bravely Default II is really remarkable. I will definitely have to refrain from using the Ultima Blade + HP/MP Convertor combo, though, as it's so strong it makes whatever the enemy's trying to do irrelevant.