Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also am I missing a class? I keep finding herbs and shops are selling them and they're just clogging everything up. I have room for one more class (I think) and the general alchemy class being the finale feels like a fake out given the finale classes were Vampire and Yokai in the previous games.

You can pick up the salve-maker class in chapter 3 as a side quest, similar to the gambler job in chapter 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

While I understand that it was put in place to prevent things like this, I still feel a little disgruntled at the fact that weight limits are preventing me from dual wielding the 117 atk knives you can steal off of baal.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 8, 2021

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If you have unspecified rage or whatever it's called, and mug on at the same time, will you just steal from every fuckin mob at the same time?

you get the chance at mugging each mob yeah. You don't mug enemies 100% of the time though. I've been mugging with indiscriminate rage and magpie while doing jp grinding to get the occasional phys defense booster bun.

Rare stealing off of the optional bosses also is highly profitable for breaking the game if you are able to maneuver around their weight requirements (the Baal optional boss north of wiswald has a 117 atk/110 matk dagger as his rare steal, but it's 30 weight. You can steal and run and still keep the stolen items as well)

berenzen fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 9, 2021

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Turns out, maxing all your jobs has a side effect of drastically outlevelling you: I'm level 61 at the start of chapter 4, and I'm just steamrolling everything.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Has anyone found any armor that's better than the Dark Robes you can get off of the horse rare in salvalon, or should I just head back there and steal a couple more off of it?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Kin posted:

Hmm, my level 12 swordmaster has Multitask as the level 12 skill. 33% chance of a regular attack getting a quick physical follow up.

If i'm reading the berserker passive skill would reduce me to 1hp as well wouldn't it?

Also my berserker level 12 skill is amped strike which performs a powerful physical attack. Not a 50/50 chance of selecting attack while berserk.

All the classes get a second specialty upon hitting 12, in addition to a skill.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Some enemies will counter thief skills btw.

...I never encountered the spider in your list either. Are you listing overworld stuff or including things in dungeons?

Northeast of Wiswald there's a peninsula with a spider that you can steal the 3rd best dagger from

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

I assume you get something that counteracts the high mana cost of Godspeed strike? Right now I’ll use it on bosses when I’m leveling a character on thief main but it’s not somethigg by I’d spam all dungeon long like bodyslam

you get 20% mp reduction, but GSSx2, Steal Spirit, Steal breath leaves you down 27 mp and leaves most of the challenging enemies dead.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Takes me about 1m14s to get 314 base jp, so it looks like 314/1.25 = 251 JP/M. That assumes you can one-round it which isn’t a given for where I am. So that already makes it unreliable compared to beach farming, which gives something like base 1100*3 = 3300 per character each time you do it. Then again, I haven’t run the numbers for beach farming, plus there’s an embarrassing amount of downtime waiting for the enemies to respawn and for the bait to wear off, plus the time it takes to get those fuckers up top.

Edit: Did a couple beach farms runs. Beach farming takes me about 4.5 minutes end to end, netting me 1330 base jp. With the consecutive battle bonus, that jumps to 3990 base jp. 3990 base jp/4.5 minutes = ~887 jp/m. That’s actually a lot faster than I expected...and don’t forget that’s per character rather than total.

So yeah, beach farming wins out.

That math seems off, it takes me more than 2 fights to max out a job when I did beach farming (it's ~6000 jp to go from job level level 1 to level 12)

berenzen fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Goddamn, I've been looking for this thread for weeks and somehow I never found it for now.

I'm in chapter 4, anyone got any good killer combos I can do after beating Lonsdale, while also having all the optional Asterisks so far?

Phantom/Salvemaker with rewarding results and enough MP regeneration to generate 40 mp a turn give you the ability to inflict drat near every status effect that the boss is weak to (except for daub, sadly). Also a stupidly good healer with cheap and easy access to the elixir and half-elixir mixes. Cash intensive.
Swordmaster/Beastmaster (with enough captures), swordmaster/freelancer (with enough mastered jobs) or swordmaster/Berserker with dual wield, multitask, BP limit up, indescriminate rage + Full Force (for trash) or who dares wins + critical flow (for bosses). Auto attacking machine with Solid Stance + 3 attacks.
Phantom/Pictomancer- Daub applier, no other real reason for existance, but it's basically a 50% damage boost to your characters.
Shieldmaster/Vanguard- Dual shields, heavy armor, high targetting chance, and with decent equipment you can get basically invulnerable to all magical elements. Get the rest of your party to critical and just have the character tank literally every hit and donate the bp they generate with BP saver.