Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

2020 RELEASE DATE
DEMO AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqJ9_mz7iS0

It's the second third Bravely game, Bravely Third Default II! This is (presumably) not a direct sequel to Bravely Default (that was Bravely Second), so anyone can jump in without worry! Don't worry about these names!!

The Bravely series started on the 3DS and has featured some awesome JRPG combat and some awesome JRPG music.

Synopsis posted:

A new world, a new story, and all-new Heroes of Light await in an original RPG experience arriving on the Nintendo Switch system in 2020! This successor to the original Bravely Default game comes from the team that brought you the Bravely series and Octopath Traveler, and features music from Revo (Sound Horizon/Linked Horizon), acclaimed composer of the Bravely Default soundtrack.
Most important part is that Revo is back. Bravely Second suffered from lacking in Revo.

Story
Five kingdoms, four crystals of the elements, Heroes of Light, etc. Will update with more info on characters and world once I've beaten the demo and they release some more info! Protip is to invest in Adelle stocks, she's looking to be the best character.

Gameplay

Bravely Default II, like its predecessors, has two main gimmicks to its combat: the job system and the Brave/Default system.
By progressing through the game's story, you encounter bosses holding stones known as Asterisks. By brutally murdering these bosses and stealing their stones, you unlock new jobs such as Thief and Black Mage. In addition to your main job, you can equip your character with another job's skills and some of their passive effects.

But what makes Bravely really stand out is its namesake, Brave and Default. When you guard, or Default, you gain BP, which you can spend using Brave, allowing you to take up to four actions in one turn. You can even go into the negatives - if all your characters Brave the maximum amount at the first turn, you can act 16 times in one turn!! ...But if the enemy survives, they will have several turns to rip you apart while your BP regenerates. Find the balance and strike your enemies down!

Misc.
Will be added to as more info becomes available/I'm not busy playing the demo.

Now go forth, Heroes of Light, and play the demo!

Terper fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If Spellcrafting isn't in then I'll be sad

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I hope multiverse hopping happens and lets the Default 1/Second crews show up or at least make cameos at some point.
Oh they'll show up

As endgame superbosses in different team compositions

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Doors aren't just decorations now you can actually walk into places :aaa:

e: I encountered a bug where the first quest NPC didn't spawn. Simply going back to the title and loading made her spawn in.

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 26, 2020

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gonna need someone to come in here and change the 2 in the title to II

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

That's the second time in as many pages this question has been asked, so it should probably go in the OP eventually.
It's the first thing mentioned after the image at the top :saddowns:

But sure I'll clarify it more throughout

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

• Pressing L should default like in the 3DS game, because pressing R to brave is the same.....but as far as I can tell L/ZL aren't used for anything in combat.
  • No way to tell more info about what a skill does while already in combat. You learned a new skill that isn't Cure->Cura->Curaga! Lets just check my men- oh I got ambushed, again. WELP
Pressing L after you have Braves ready will cancel them without you having to go back into the main combat menu and pressing B.
And pressing Y in combat will tell you what a skill does.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think you use like three different buttons to read descriptions for stuff depending on what menu you're in, it's pretty silly.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I felt so good when I beat one of those rear end in a top hat wasps on top of the cliff and grabbed the treasure behind 'em but then when I turned around to leave it was back again. :(

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

How much character and story stuff is there in the demo so far?
I really liked the game play of BD1 but I felt the characters were pretty one-note and the story made a valiant effort at being good.
Basically none. Like, the characters talk, but I imagine that just like the BD1 and BS demos, it's not content that will be in the actual release.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's not really any interesting synergy between the jobs or abilities here, or really interesting abilities overall. Like, there is some, like how vanguards get a crit ability for monks to use and white mages get an ability to reduce MP costs, but where's my Spellcrafting.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also they're using a lot of very UNREAL 4 shaders and effects that really stand out. Like the ridiculous shine on the Vanguard armor. Maybe tone some of those down.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can download the demo by searching for Bravely, going to the main game page and there's a button there.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah I've been kinda cold on the game through the previous demos and the battle changes... But I bought it anyway cus dammit I like Bravely and I will decide my own feelings once I've beaten it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well hey, me being cold in the lead up has lead me to not being tempted to look at the trailers and information so I go into the game knowing super little, which is always fun with these job games.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Farg posted:

are y'all playing on normal or hard? i just got my full party and a few new jobs and so far everything has been pretty breezy
Way I played Bravely Second, and how I'm playing this, is that I keep it on Normal, and then switch to Hard whenever there's a boss fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Harrow posted:

I'm so glad Revo is back. Music is great so far. The "main" asterisk boss theme is an absolute banger
When I got to the first Asterisk and was expecting the same theme as from the first demo and it was something different instead, I got such extreme whiplash I thought my neck would crack :v: It was a fine theme I was just so completely unprepared