Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Elvis is clearly Ringabel's father. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Those wasps are assholes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

But will there be an adorable fairy companion?

Ideally one that seems evil, with the plot twist being that she isn't.

I'm still bummed they made Anne into Airy 2.0.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I think Default 1 had the best story but the gauntlet of later chapters was a turd and a half to get through.

Bravely Second would've had the superior story if the Ba'als actually mattered. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

tithin posted:

Is BD2 good? BD1 on the 3ds had issues with the endgame dragging, and I heard a lot of complaints that BD2 was bad from a gameplay perspective

Bravely Second's gameplay was literally just all of the improvements made from the original Bravely Default carried over.

If I have any complaints about Bravely Second, it's that the reused environments really sucked the life out of the game. One new city in every region and a few new dungeons doesn't make this world feel fresher. Also, the music was very hit or miss, except for the special character themes. Those were a HUGE miss and ruined the second final boss theme for me as a result. :argh:

Beyond that, I thought Second had a much better story, fun new jobs, good changes to old jobs (merging Conjurer's moveset with Summoner, for example), and handled the meta aspects better. It's a shame that Magnolia was an entirely superfluous character, though, whose existence was basically just "Yew's girlfriend" and nothing else.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh yeah, some of the random battles in Second were dicks in hindsight. I remember the forest outside of Sagitta wiping me out of nowhere.

glassyalabolas posted:

Doesn't anyone else feel everything is too small? I barely notice some chests.

I'm getting a real Ever Oasis vibe from this game's overworld presentation, but that game didn't have chests in the field as I recall. It's weird.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

RunawayPantleg posted:

I haven't played Bravely in forever but is it just me or were you able to queue up your entire party's battle plan before taking any moves before?

Yes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

[*]The characters shouldn't talk over each other so much in battle, and definitely shouldn't talk over themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7quz4qINJJQ

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Slight Bravely Second spoilers but yeah, you don't unlock the encounter slider until Tiz joins your party after a few hours, it's explicitly a power only he has and you get an amusing cutscene where they give it an in game explanation that Tiz is basically a Jedi and uses the mind trick to make enemies think nobody is there.

Sapp and Piddler were the best characters and it sucks that they disappeared entirely from the game with no fanfare after Chapter 3.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So how hard are enemies in the demo compared to Geist in the Bravely Second demo? Because it sounds like everything that isn't a goblin is on that level.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That's how I beat the ruins boss. It was so boring I didn't bother looking for more content. Is it just me or did they give you a really unsynergistic set of jobs?

It's just the first six jobs of Default, which was disappointing. I was expecting them to show off some newer ones.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

All of the music in Second is good, but even the Jpop vs Enka fight is second to Sapp and Piddler's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4mRvrdjPuQ

I hope we get a Bravely Second LP from Greyarc. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

No problem. I managed to take these a long time back before Miiverse (or whatever it was) died.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Maybe I should start Bravely Second but the job choices give me anxiety

Selecting a job in general? Or the sidequest choices?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

the sidequest choices, yeah.

You can get everything by the end of the game, so it comes down to personal preference.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think mobs were more proactive with the battle system in Second, but definitely not as much as bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

raditts posted:

Have you played Undertale? If so, you've pretty much already seen the ending to Bravely Second.

That's more Chapter 5 than the ending, but I can't fully disagree with that.