Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this game looks like its gonna rule, i do very much hope poo poo goes off the rails wacky in the back half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i dunno if i'm a fan of the turn order thing but everything else just seems like bravely default as it always was? i'm early on but i'm not seeing any red flags, its fun. also its like a brief intro cutscene and some dialog before you can dig through your settings, it isn't remarkable in that sense at all

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
also consecutive battles are absolutely in this game, there are common items that activate them for certain enemy types, and then each battle you have with those enemies will chain

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
are y'all playing on normal or hard? i just got my full party and a few new jobs and so far everything has been pretty breezy

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Hammer Bro. posted:

I enjoyed Bravely Default, I did not play Bravely Second.

I very much enjoyed turning the combat encounters way down for most of the game until it was time to farm, then turning them way up and auto-battling.

I like the idea of crunchy job/team combination stuff, but I don't have a lot of tolerance for time-grind.

I do my grocery shopping tomorrow. Sell me up.

you cant turn off random battles but all enemies are on the map and move slower than you. you can hit them on the overworld to start with a bp advantage. there are plentiful items which reduce spawns, and lower level enemies actively avoid you.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if your over the weight limit then it isn't bis

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Natural 20 posted:

Okay I am officially over how ridiculously long these dungeons are.

Dungeons should not take more than two loving hours to do. There is absolutely no excuse for poo poo like this, you could literally cut two thirds out of these things and achieve the same result. I've spent an hour and a half wandering through identikit corridors with no minimap and it's just not fun.

Maybe, maybe your final dungeon takes that long, but these things are the size of Persona 5 palaces but a tenth as interesting and there are four times as many of them.

what dungeons are you referring to? i've sped through all of them in like, 30 minutes so far

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

do u believe in marigolds posted:

I'm working on Chapter 4 stuff and I'm trying to do all the side quests I can (the Jormungandr one is out of my level 61 range) and completely clear every area of treasure chests (I've had to look up a guide for some chests, especially one specific dungeon) and I'm at almost 58 hours. I'm also on vacation this week and I've basically only been playing this game.

By the way, how many endings are there?

3, and they need to be obtained in order

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

do u believe in marigolds posted:

Does that include Seth refusing the wind crystal?

no

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
reading people talking about the dungeons being long makes me feel insane. they are super short and i haven't spent more than 30 minutes in any of them, and i've hovered around being underleveled up to this point (late ch4)

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the tower in ch2 was pretty long i guess. maybe if you have a 'single target boss killing' party comp 24/7 and fight every battle at 1x speed it would be long?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
godspeed strike is too strong. my team setup for it onr-rounded the final boss

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i agree with basically all the story complaints, but basically the deal with seth was

to get to where nights nexus' actual core was, you needed to cross the outer ocean. the Old Lady mentions that you can't traverse the outer oceans to other lands (which are described as lands beyond death) without someone from there. seth was a sailor from another world who died in a storm. because the barriers were weakening between worlds, the wind crystal was able to reach out and bring him back (either bring him back to life or make a zombie out of him, either or really) and basically bet on him being a good warrior of light, because it knew that if the champions of light were to really get rid of the nexus for good, they'd need someone fitting his description. thankfully it worked out that seth was down 2 clown and was good at fighting, and because he had all the necessary criteria when the time came the heroes were able to travel to the isle of nothingness when the time came.

this wasn't clearly communicated to the player, you are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I played an hour of bravely second and its wild how yew immediately has more going on and is a more entertaining protagonist in that hour then seth ever is