Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So like, Adelle is totally from this world's moon, right? She's got the exact same color scheme as Magnolia and her accent sounds vaguely French-ish to my ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I'm having troubles with this guy too. Anyone beat him yet? If so, any tips?

I'm still trying to figure out the right balance of offense and defense to fight him normally, but honestly it feels like the safest strat might be to run four vanguards, one with a black mage sub and the rest subbing white mage, get poison to stick, and then just sandbag until the worm dies. Obviously this would be incredibly unfun, though.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

but the moral choices?!!

The trick is to always side with the person you disagree with first so you can set up a golden route for when the stakes actually matter.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That said, even then it's still not the same as the "one true strategy" situation at the end of this demo, because you have a much bigger toolbox to work with and there are like half a dozen completely different ways you can break the game.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bongo Bill posted:

I actually like that there isn't a dedicated Default button. With the change to the battle system, being able to instantly end a character's turn with a single button press is bad UI because there's no way to undo it if you press it accidentally.

This is true and almost certainly the reason it was removed. The problem is that, primarily due to other UI issues, those battle system changes have yet to justify their own existence.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zore posted:

Are they getting rid of the damage cap? I really hate how that made all the 'big hit' classes utterly worthless compared to the ones that got multiple attacks in the first two games. Especially with how quickly you rammed into it.

Counterpoint: you can take my quad wielding ninja with that passive that ramps up your damage for each extra attack you make from my cold, dead hands. (Also they were running hawkeye secondary and I had a patissier on hand to supply weaknesses.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Based on those numbers, they stack additively, not multiplicatively, so it's 170%+100%, not 170%*2.