Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Octopath demo was a month before release? Maybe that is a good sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Ah okay, I missed the first one.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

No reviews yet make me slightly nervous but it is too late to cancel my pre-order so here is hoping.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

You can change it any time I believe. Playing on Hardest myself like a fool.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Got a Large XP Orb from the Ship Mode and now I have a level 21 character and 3 12s.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish the ship was a menu option and not something I need to travel to the first town every morning to get my stuff.

I am still early in but the first two towns both have ship people.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Kyrosiris posted:

Hello friends, I come to espouse the good word of MONKZERKER.

preach it

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

[extremely bilbo voice] why dont i deserve two monzerkers with hp absorb... i ground for them, they’re mine

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I was kind of tolerating the Counter: All Abilities until that last Chapter 3 boss who just destroys you for nuking him.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Berzerker passive to attack everyone combo’d with Swordmaster’s Multitask and Double Attack is grinding made easy.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Starting to think I am using Shieldmaster wrong. What does the order of operations look like? Usually I’m just spamming Defender of the People every time it is up, and sometimes I have 4 BP popping and other times I still have people dying.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

raditts posted:

Kinda wish they had an option to turn off voices in battle only, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing the same things over and over, especially that weird "YA-HAR" thing Seth does sometimes. Also my children have started walking about the house randomly saying "WATS NEXT A WUNDAH!"

Seth was enjoying that :420:

My wife was merciless with the dialogue lines from XBC2. She still asks for local snacks.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

PageMaster posted:

What's the end game xp grind strategy? I'm at 61 but finally hit a brick wall with (ch6 spoilers) the berserker challenge portal one-shotting my party and I can't do enough damage to him first turn. Even rare monsters are only giving about 5k xp. I can do the other ones, but they give maybe 7k exp and take 3 times as long (though I think I'm set on giant jp orbs).

Also what's a good sub class for vanguard? I had it as my swordmaster sub to get it's specialties but I just got the point where the vanguard on it's own does more damage and has higher weight.

I just ground in the final dungeon until about 65 when I did Braverbearer. The level 8 skill automatically kills anything 20 levels under you so I went to Rimedhal and popped People Pleasers while running all over the first floor. There is enough humanoids to group for easy farming and the shop in town sells them to keep you fueled. I went from 65-80 in 2-3 hours during meetings today.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

What do I need for Godspeed hitting everyone?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Ah yup, just hadn’t done that one yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

How were the load times in Bravely Default 1? I went so hard on this that I am really tempted to go dig out my 3DS and download a copy.