Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Im just starting out Chapter 3, and I got Salvemaker. But the dungeon are really starting to give me trouble and I'm burning through Ethers with my team, and I can't seem to do more than 1/8 an enemies damage with alot of moves. Is there an optimal team I should be using? I've got my Thief/Ranger, Healer (W Mage/Bard), Damage Magic ( Black/Red Mage) and Muscle (Shieldmaster/Vanguard) and im hovering around Level 30. Should I just be braving more for these rando fights, cause I need them to stop lasting more than a couple minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Specialties only trigger when they're in the main job slot, right?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

I just got to Chapter 5 and the dungeon slog is start to grate on me, is there a good combo of jobs to get me through them relatively painlessly, or am I just gonna be chugging Ward Lights to get throguh.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

I gave up after beating Chapter 4, and felt the plot was growing a little listless and the constant enemy battles weren't interesting me enough to grind through.

One small question so I don't have to watch a guide: Does the game ever revisit the weird timed minigame Seth has to do to win the Wind Crystal's favor at the beginning of the game as some sort of twist?

None of the other party members have to do it (Since we're lead to believe that Seth would have been dead without the Wind Crystals intervention) so it really stuck out as a big "This is going to be addressed later" thing.

ALSO: Is there any significance that all the islands you visit start with the letter "S"? Or is that just a silly little flourish.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

nullEntityRNG posted:

Nope. Letting the timer expire just gives you a game over and its never addressed again. It doesn't even bring it up when you talk to talk to the crystals again before the first ending.

Huh. That definitely feels like it was an idea early in development... and then they just forgot to take it out.
Considering how certain mechanics are turned on their heads in previous BD games, I really expected something to come from it. Oh well.