Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

The characters and enemies look so good I'm really impressed with them.

The UI is kind of inelegant, both in the pause menu and battle compared to BS. Like some of the info isn't where I would want it and have to back out to look at a different menu and tooltips covering up stuff I should be able to see. The UI and controls to do with Brave/Default in the battles are overly simple, it's a huge part of the system and deserves good presentation like it had in BD1 and BS. I like the way the turns play out now, but I think it has to come with at least some indicator for whose turn is up next. The camera cuts make it impossible to tell which one out of a group of similar enemies just acted so strategizing is difficult.

Very excited about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Debuffs need to last longer. In the wood golem fight I would use the mag defense debuff attack with Adelle and its 2 turns would be over by the time Gloria's turn rolled around sometimes.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'm still trying to figure out the right balance of offense and defense to fight him normally, but honestly it feels like the safest strat might be to run four vanguards, one with a black mage sub and the rest subbing white mage, get poison to stick, and then just sandbag until the worm dies. Obviously this would be incredibly unfun, though.

For both the tough guys I had Gloria with black mage / thief so she could steal some magic attack and everyone else holding poo poo together and feeding her mp and bp and throwing some debuffs on the enemy. Worm guy very often decided to kill main guy, but cramming shields on everyone made it so the multi target attacks were manageable. Ice spell 2 was doing almost 4k iirc (maybe 3k? can't remember) with the debuffs lined up to the worm, the golem took more like 2.8k from fire. I couldn't get physical attacks to do anything comprable to that, I saw 1.5k from the thief skill that costs 2 bp.