Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HBK superkicking Jericho at that moment when HHH is about to tap never made sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I remember Fully Loaded in 2004 being better than you'd expect as well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Max Coveri posted:

Did you know the plan for Eddie at WM22 was to pit him against Shawn Michaels?

gently caress

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I remember hearing Heyman's alternate idea for CM Punk eliminating Big Show and thinking it still didn't sound like a great idea... but gently caress me anything would have been better than what we did get.

I get where he's coming from though, and Big Show deserves credit for being willing to help him out as well, and if the end goal was to legitimise Punk in one night, you could do a lot worse than what Heyman had intended.

IMO, I don't think people would have shat so much on the match, if it weren't for Vince being a contrarian dickhead. Like, if Bobby Lashley absolutely, positively HAD to win, don't do it by taking Sabu out of the match, making Punk look like an idiot and having RVD get beaten by loving Test. Like, it's Test. Who gives a gently caress about Test? He hadn't been relevant since HHH crashed the wedding and DX kicked the poo poo out of him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

God I know it happened but I'm still surprised every time I remember that the Gobbedlygooker and the Undertaker debuted on the same show.

I've heard that the Undertaker was worried he was the one coming out of the egg. Now that's one for the "what if?" thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Hector Guerrero's Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak is a thing I never knew I wanted.

Picture that clip from Undertaker's WWF debut, with Roddy Piper on commentary shouting "LOOK AT THE SIIIIIZE OF THAT" as he saunters down the aisle, shot from a low angle. Except he's awkwardly climbing down from that egg platform.