Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
while other people are struggling to pay rent or literally dying, I’m trying to soothe my anxiety and alleviate my boredom with capital expenditures. tell me, yospos, what computer or device should I purchase to fill the emptiness in my consumerist soul? what’s the best tech-thing to buy for ignoring the world for a few precious moments?

im thinking of about a Sony alpha mirrorless camera, because I want to take good photos but I don’t know how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Best Buy will do curbside pickup for online orders, so that’s nice. at least until they are forced to close.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

rotor posted:

op should take up woodcarving imo, push that tech aside and carve a log into a gnome or some poo poo

I’ve been cleaning out old pistons from my car to have as display pieces. today I’m researching how to clean out fuel jets without spilling gasoline everywhere. I don’t have all the tools I need, so that might be a dead end. either way, the wife is losing patience with engine parts in the sink. so back to computer

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you guys are bad at consumerism

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pram posted:

buy a computer op. the possibilities are endless!

this guy gets it. what’s the best computer for wasting time?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

I'm getting a dj controller and djay on my ipad which interfaces with tidal so I can just gently caress around on that for like forever

yeah records are better but I had a major vinyl buying problem back in the day

this dude is living his best quarantine life.

what are the rest of you buying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pram posted:

wasting time? literally anything with linux installed

did that yesterday. tried installing macos on VMware on Linux without using any third party kexts. failed. might try again later.