Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

C no need to upset the time stream where not necessary, just get back to the "present" and cash those checks.
Also: we shouldn't take the main prizes, there's too much attention that goes along with that. Get several smaller 2nd or 3rd prizes instead. No need to be greedy here.

The situation with the time traveler seems easy to solve to me: The device we use seems to be unmoored from the regular time stream, since it doesn't show up when we rewind time, so I doubt saving the poor shmuck is going to cause a paradox there. That means all we need to do is to stop the bus from splatting him. Imo the best approach is to get a hi-vis vest and a hardhat to look official and stop traffic a few moments before he arrives while we fiddle with a drainage grate or something a bit further up the road. Then the time traveler shouldn't get splatted when he arrives and we can whisk him away to safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Respect Causality pertaining to ourselves.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Elfface posted:

A

We should try making out with ourself.

“gently caress it, I don’t care that it might destroy me, or even the entire space-time continuum!”

You have had a persistent, impossible fantasy for many years. You have always been really into… You. Now, you can make it happen!

Dashing Waves Amusement Park: I was a golden goddess when I was 20, before I got so into computers and got a pudge. That’s also when I really got into the idea of doing me.

Yes, perfect! You travel back to that crappy studio you rented in undergrad. Undergrad-you could really use those lottery numbers.

At first, you’re very surprised by your intrusion. Then grateful for the riches. But you both know why you’re really here. There was no reason to beat around the bush, you can’t keep secrets from yourself. It was among the easiest seductions in history.

Once things were well underway, you are both surprised by a portal opening in your studio. A man rides in on a magnabike. He is not handsome. In fact, his facial features are almost disturbing. He has a fat cigar in his mouth, a flowing scarf, and round glasses.

“Mind if I join you?”

Despite his looks, he has a powerful animal magnetism. You meet your eyes, and both of you nod at the same time. What follows is the night of your life. He does you, and you, cyberhard.

In the morning you make coffee while you play cards with the stranger. He puts down five Aces.

“I think you need a primer on time travel… Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff. Time works the same way. This thing you found, my darling, is a device. A device many men and many women have died to see, to understand, and to own. In many ways it is like one of your toys, but a toy for adults. This, darling, is The Zybourne Clock.”

You decide that together, you will kill Hitler.

You do.

Then you kill him again.

Like those balls falling off a cliff, time corrects itself. Every time you kill Hitler, a new Hitler arises. So, you kill him again. You kill him in every time and in every way imaginable.

By day the three of you kill Hitler. By night, you make love across all of space-time. You are the luckiest person who ever lived or will ever live. You have found paradise.

The End.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

:golfclap:

Presumably brought to us by the annual "The Internet is Lying to You Day (Even More Than Usual)"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
We win! My choice was the best.