Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

My Spirit Otter posted:

Ya, great idea during a pandemic, pack a bunch of people who dont get paid enough to miss a day of work and dont get paid sick leave into a warehouse in close quarters and have them ship poo poo all around the country.

actually the amazon warehouse master computer calculates specific routes for the order pickers so they never see each other. its to prevent people for talking to each other obviously not safety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bok Bok posted:

I cancelled Prime after about a year. Since cancelling, I noticed that what I used to get in a day or two without Prime now (pre-corona days) doesn't even ship for a week or more like I'm being punished for not buying it. Also, Amazon has turned into lovely knockoff ebay stuff. One time you'll order say 10 bars of soap for 10 bucks. When you reorder it may have been changed to one bar of soap for 10 bucks and you don't know until you get it. They regularly get sued for that and for unsafe products that say nontoxic for kids or FDA approved that actually aren't but get out of it by saying "what we're just an innocent shipper how could we know". Amazon treats employees like poo poo and Bezos could still be obscenely rich after buying a house for every poor person in the country with the money he's stolen from workers and by undercutting prices and forcing every competitor to go under so now it's basically a monopoly, not to mention insisting on incentives from cities for warehouses without ever paying loving taxes. I don't know man, do what you want.

but if he bought a house for all the poor people they wouldnt be poor any more. then who would work in his warehouses?