Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

evilmiera posted:

An interesting game, though perhaps a bit uneven in places. Worth playing at least once, from the look of it.

I will probably come back to it again, on my own, at some point. I feel like there were a lot of things that could have been experimented with more. With a mix of a time limit, crashes and fail states, I tried to keep a steady pace with plot progression and puzzle-solving.

I managed to get the game working just fine with PCem with only a few tweaks to the standard setup. If you, or anyone else, decides that they want to give it a go just PM me if you want help getting it started. That goes for any of the previous games that I've LP'd too.

Edit: Beneath A Steel Sky may start earlier and may also be more than one video a week.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I wonder how easy this game would have been if we didn't have access to a walkthrough? Some of the solutions are clever, but without the logicial reasoning to get there, how many of them would have even been approachable? I mean some of the solutions are actually timing based and it might not even be obvious if that's a factor, this happened with the heart pills puzzle and that alone could be a permanent stumbling block.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Orion Burger works natively in ScummVM iirc. You'd probably have fewer crashes through it.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I'm upset there isn't a way to save Aunt Polly from her fate. You would think with time travel on his side Wilbur could have come up with something to try and prevent that while he was exterminating.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The time and reset stuff feels like it would be fairly unique for the time. Lets the player get killed in amusing ways, lets them gently caress around with stuff, and always have the game be winnable since no matter what happens things just reset. Certainly some over-enthusiastic voice acting in parts but at least its never boring! I suppose its a bit late to say I'd be interested in a sequel :v:

mateo360 posted:

I'm upset there isn't a way to save Aunt Polly from her fate. You would think with time travel on his side Wilbur could have come up with something to try and prevent that while he was exterminating.

Gotta set up the future! Can't have Wilbur running off on his aunt, best to just get her out of the way. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if saving Polly came up in a sequel since I doubt they would have just dropped the time travel/reset stuff.

Anyways I quite enjoyed seeing that play out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Tombot posted:

I wonder how easy this game would have been if we didn't have access to a walkthrough? Some of the solutions are clever, but without the logicial reasoning to get there, how many of them would have even been approachable? I mean some of the solutions are actually timing based and it might not even be obvious if that's a factor, this happened with the heart pills puzzle and that alone could be a permanent stumbling block.

Except for the Bork tests, I didn't see anything particularly illogical, although that may have been a consequence of the video acting as a guide.

I would never have figured most of those out, though.