Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol my take away isn’t that the Chinese are evil I’m terribly sad at what’s happening to the workers over there my take away is that Obama loving sucks and that replacing exploitation with another does nothing to fundamentally improve people’s lives, my ire is strictly towards the upper management of both countries who loving suck so much and how Chinese state capitalism isn’t much of a better alternative to american capitalism.

Isn’t that the point “there is no alternative” when in reality there actually are significant differences as the current crisis shows. It is a propaganda piece.

“This nasty Chinese CEO shows they are just as bad as us!” - As literally American society collapses on itself

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 09:59 on Mar 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

The alternative that isnt a capitalist nightmare is for leftists to get their act together and actually take power.

Two different forms of capitalist exploitation arent better than another, I mean, just because the CCP can respond to emergencies faster and better doesnt mean that workers every day lives isnt a nightmare on the regular. Yeah, when a pandemic breaks out they'll take care of you, but you're still gonna work 12 hour shifts and not see your family and have zero protections. in the US it's the same poo poo of a different flavor.

Like, yeah the CCP can quickly set up hospitals but they can just as quickly shut down any workers movement for work safety or better work hours and god forbid if you're uighur you'll just disappear.

America is a poo poo system as well, they're both evil, the point is that replacing one form of exploitation with another did nothing to fundamentally improve the people in Dayton's lives other than give them a measely pay that will be replaced shortly by automation.

Also, that Chinese CEO probably set up shop in Dayton because he could ironically get around Chinese regulations. He is a lovely guy, but it isn't an actual comparison of two systems. If anything it is just focusing his nationality.

If the alternative is the US or China, China is quite clearly the better alternative. Also, worker rights are also complex because in some ways like public holidays, health care and sick leave, China is actually better. Also, there are plenty of strikes in China, far more than the US.

State capitalism isn't the solution, but there isn't any reason to defend the US or its hegemony. If anything, it is preferable to have at least some type of counter-balance versus the US to keep it and its insanity in check.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 10:53 on Mar 30, 2020