Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

grittyreboot posted:

He's called people Trump supporters for years, yet strangely he seems to have more animus towards Bernie for reasons I'm sure are perfectly reasonable

It was her turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, it's trump supporters who wouldn't like this poo poo lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwH9S1rSdw

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He probably believes with every fiber of his being in the credo of all liberals: better is not possible and saying it is is worse than hitler.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1783636098666680562

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Who cares if there's no health benefit? It makes you not stink

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Obvious rage bait. I'll save you a click: you shouldn't stand downwind of Mila Kunis or Jake Gyllenhall.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

grittyreboot posted:

He's called people Trump supporters for years, yet strangely he seems to have more animus towards Bernie for reasons I'm sure are perfectly reasonable

Sure, it's not that complex. Donald may be a white supremacist, a rapist, and an overall narcissistic crime elemental, but Bernie has criticized Israel, which makes him an anti-Semite, and that's worse.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Daily showers are good because I hide out under the nice warm water where my problems can't find me

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
im pretty sure westerns are going to have to confront their daily shower privilege sooner or later. hot water is has a carbon cost, and water clean enough for bathing is also its own resource cost.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
nothing will stop me from taking 10 minute long boiling hot showers, not even if i have to boil the water myself

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

im pretty sure westerns are going to have to confront their daily shower privilege sooner or later. hot water is has a carbon cost, and water clean enough for bathing is also its own resource cost.

Climate change will keep heating the water globally that you'll consistently get hot tub temperatures coming straight out the tap. Hell, last summer it was already close to that anyways.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

$341 raised of $2,346 goal
9 donations

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PhazonLink posted:

Maybe have a look at all those almonds and rice being grown in deserts first.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Don't forget all the alfalfa grown for export to Asia and the Middle East for ranching.

XavierAlexander
Mar 22, 2024

History Comes Inside! posted:

but the thing in question is the custodes who are even bigger and baddasser and are all individually custom made from scratch instead of being pumped full of super soldier serum and aftermarket internal organs, so there’s really no reason they couldn’t be female, and that’s what’s got the grogs all salty even though they say it’s really because they’ve just said “no there have always been female custodes” by way of explaining why there are now female custodes.

The Emperor is coded "Heroic Gay" like Achilles or Heracles. He surrounds himself with beautiful men he created and blinded women in constant agony with their mouths sewn shut.

I'm not sure where the lore is but if the Emperor isn't making the Custodes anymore I could see a well-meaning-but-prudish conservative ecclesiarch pushing for female Custodes.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

uh isn’t the emperor still waaaaay mostly dead

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

stringless posted:

Don't forget all the alfalfa grown for export to Asia and the Middle East for ranching.

Agreed, ban industrial meat production, worldwide bean diet now.

Anyway showering is an as-needed thing, and imo unless you're sweating profusely or working in mud daily it's not necessary. Same thing with shampooing your hair constantly, it makes it worse to do it daily. For the average white collar goon, twice a week give or take based on personal body chemistry and activity is fine.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Maybe have a look at all those almonds and rice being grown in deserts first.

Two things can be bad at once, and the average ammmerican has way more control over the shower tap than food production methods.

But mass hydroponics are the future I agree.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Two things can be bad at once

[citation needed]

There is only room for one bad thing at a time.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Rockman Reserve posted:

uh isn’t the emperor still waaaaay mostly dead

:commissar:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

My Spirit Otter posted:

nothing will stop me from taking 10 minute long boiling hot showers, not even if i have to boil the water myself

25 gallons of water per day, 175 per week, 700 per year

that's this, for one person.

Plus the energy cost to either distill or pump out the water, filter it, add chlorine and other additives, pump it to your place, then heat it up. The last part alone is 5KWh per 10 minute shower, or 35KWh a week. In 2021 Sierra Leone had a yearly per capita use of 12KWh.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

yes, let's definitely encourage the disgusting, disease-ridden, poo poo-encrusted american populace to stop showering, because covid wasn't bad enough

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I shower every day because I touch grass every day.

I’d rather go to sponge baths than go to an every‐other‐day shower schedule.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

We should be admiring the Smash Bros community and their water saving efforts :colbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

tokin it can not be overstated how much personal showering and even watering those goddamn lawns is a literal drop in the bucket compared to the literally industrial quantities of fresh water wasted daily by farming unsuitable crops in arid regions, farm owners in Australia literally cry about wasted water when the Murray has any water in it at all because they would drain it bone dry for their almonds if they could, and frequently do

This is the same as you being told it's your fault for having an iphone that things are bad

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

tokin it can not be overstated how much personal showering and even watering those goddamn lawns is a literal drop in the bucket compared to the literally industrial quantities of fresh water wasted daily by farming unsuitable crops in arid regions, farm owners in Australia literally cry about wasted water when the Murray has any water in it at all because they would drain it bone dry for their almonds if they could, and frequently do

This is the same as you being told it's your fault for having an iphone that things are bad

Again, you can't affect how rice is grown or iPhones are built, but the only one turning the faucet on is you.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i understand that capitalism is literally 99.999999% of the waste and usage here, but im just saying that capitalism is gonna force all of the bottom into lower useage anyway, so might as well start easing your trend into those lower habits.

even in the US as early as the 1950s plumbing wasnt good enough for regular bathing or waste removal, hell this is still true in some parts of the US today.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Literally the only thing this performative individualistic bullshit accomplishes is make you look like a maniac bent on making yourself and everyone around you suffer pointlessly and actively discredit any point you're trying to make

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm urging goons to please take care of your personal hygiene [sweatily spoken in a tropical climate approaching 40 C /104 F in daytime] :thanks:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

tokin opposition posted:

Agreed, ban industrial meat production, worldwide bean diet now.

Anyway showering is an as-needed thing, and imo unless you're sweating profusely or working in mud daily it's not necessary. Same thing with shampooing your hair constantly, it makes it worse to do it daily. For the average white collar goon, twice a week give or take based on personal body chemistry and activity is fine.

explains why your posts stink

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I like to smell good

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

tokin opposition posted:

Again, you can't affect how rice is grown or iPhones are built, but the only one turning the faucet on is you.

"You can't stop capitalism but you can make your life worse for no reason" is a hell of a take.

A better future is possible, and to believe the only effect on the world we can have is consuming is to fall into pure Capitalist propaganda.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
suffering is a virtue

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roblo posted:

I mean he's American, but ok.

Americans are British. Just FYI, HTH.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

A better future is possible

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tired: rationing bathwater

Wired: reusing bathwater in the garden

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Are you guys new to tokin's bit or something?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Somehow not surprised to learn Tokin doesn't bathe

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012
Shower frequency is one of those things where the message is not wrong in itself, but it is absolutely the wrong people who will take it to heart. The low-activity, good-hygiene people who would be OK to skip a day now and then would never consider it, while the nasty unwiped rear end guys and all-natural "chemical-free" weirdos take saving the planet as a justification for going around filthy radiating out Pigpen-style stink lines.
People who think it's mandatory to shower after every single bowel movement and before any sexual activity are freaks, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

purplestuffedworm posted:

People who think it's mandatory to shower after every single bowel movement and before any sexual activity are freaks, though.

This is why nobody will have sex or bowel movements with you.