Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Baron von Eevl posted:

Just my toiletstove over here, no, there's no sink.

Too fancy to wash your hands in the toilet like common folk, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Pretty optimistic to think the guy who lives there would have a girlfriend

ByteDance would shut down TikTok in US rather than sell it, sources say

Scratch Monkey has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Apr 26, 2024

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

how does this dumb rubber face dipshit make so much money on streaming/social media

Friendly reminder that Asmongold literally had scurvy at one point.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

how does this dumb rubber face dipshit make so much money on streaming/social media

Speaking of people who don't shower

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/FierceHobbies/status/1783182614934814906

Company: "We're providing ample product for our customers."
Professional scalper: "This means the state of the product is bad, actually."

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Scratch Monkey posted:

Following the Digg algorithm story and the Amazon no-checkout mechanical Turk operation, the TikTok algo is just people, right? Some religious minority just clicking away in a “reeducation camp” somewhere boosting tradwifes ruining kitchen counters.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

...This is AI generated, right?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

gbut posted:

Following the Digg algorithm story and the Amazon no-checkout mechanical Turk operation, the TikTok algo is just people, right? Some religious minority just clicking away in a “reeducation camp” somewhere boosting tradwifes ruining kitchen counters.

Probably, but I think more importantly being able to look at the algo will show just how much control the Chinese government has over it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah and it sucks

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

i don't know it made me laugh. it's a great sendup of home renovation shows and only slightly more unrealistic

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

They must be and i can't stop looking at them, they are so stupid.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like how they dropped in that the desk, when folded away, "serves as a bulletproof barrier"

...what? Why? Where are the bullets coming from?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Brawnfire posted:

I like how they dropped in that the desk, when folded away, "serves as a bulletproof barrier"

America :patriot::911:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

The guy using the toilet / stove combo

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
TikTok might be annoying but the fact that the government is going to reach over millions to take away something that offends those in power is a bad thing actually.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TikTok gives you brain rot. Kill it and then all social media

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

emSparkly posted:

TikTok might be annoying but the fact that the government is going to reach over millions to take away something that offends those in power is a bad thing actually.

lol that Biden’s killing the most popular social media app in America in an election year.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They should just bring back vine but I think everyone has brain rot now so it’ll be mewing gyatt rizzler skibbidy poo poo all the time

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i like how people keep expecting social media apss or tech companies to be forever dominant in the number 1 spot forever when we literally have a a list of a dozen stuff behind us.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

They should just bring back vine but I think everyone has brain rot now so it’ll be mewing gyatt rizzler skibbidy poo poo all the time

Also that was Twitter and guess which drug addled brain worm nazi runs that now.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

i like how people keep expecting social media apss or tech companies to be forever dominant in the number 1 spot forever when we literally have a a list of a dozen stuff behind us.

Yeah but usually apps rise and fall when the current one becomes uncool. I think this is the first time a popular social media app will have been martyred

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

tokin opposition posted:

25 gallons of water per day, 175 per week, 700 per year

that's this, for one person.

Plus the energy cost to either distill or pump out the water, filter it, add chlorine and other additives, pump it to your place, then heat it up. The last part alone is 5KWh per 10 minute shower, or 35KWh a week. In 2021 Sierra Leone had a yearly per capita use of 12KWh.

thanks man, now i know how big of a water reservoir ill need when i go off grid

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah I love it when the state censors a way of expressing anti-genocide beliefs that also contains a massive amount of young people making culture.

For you shower-loving olds, this is like if Bush shut down Tumblr for having too many gay furries.

E: also I still find it obnoxious that people assume the only reason I can have the opinions I do being a bit when they're actually held beliefs. The extremity of a point is not correlated with it's correctness, the philosophical golden mean is for cowards.

tokin opposition has a new favorite as of 16:34 on Apr 26, 2024

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

My Spirit Otter posted:

thanks man, now i know how big of a water reservoir ill need when i go off grid

Rainwater systems and being careful to reuse shower water for gardening is great, good luck goon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tesseraction posted:

Also that was Twitter and guess which drug addled brain worm nazi runs that now.

Children don’t use twitter any more silly

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Skios posted:

https://twitter.com/FierceHobbies/status/1783182614934814906

Company: "We're providing ample product for our customers."
Professional scalper: "This means the state of the product is bad, actually."

gently caress scalpers, but he's right (for the wrong reasons). MTG has been suffering from massive oversaturation of constant new set releases and a confusing array of types of packs and a dozen different versions of every new card. Hasbro took the one division actually turning a profit and decided to burn things to the ground with their established fanbase trying to squeeze out a short-term spike to offset other failures.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

MTG has been suffering from massive oversaturation of constant new set releases and a confusing array

Oh is that why the right wing media turned on her?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Just my toiletstove over here, no, there's no sink.

They could at least spring for one of those combination toilets that has a sink built into the top of the water tank.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
life hack u can poo poo right into the sink and u dont need a toilet, they say it wont go down but it will

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

wash bucket posted:

lol that Biden’s killing the most popular social media app in America in an election year.

Another solid W for sleepy joe

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

I have very long hair and have to wash it often or else it looks and feels like complete dog poo poo. sorry tokin.

On the plus side it keeps the drain clogged so plenty of opportunity for water reuse.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

the american government is killing tiktok because it believes the red chinese are mindcontrolling the kids to hate israel

Turns out we live in a worse version of the Fallout timeline, since without the heavy focus on nuclear power we'll end up collapsing before 2077.

Byzantine has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Apr 26, 2024

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the amount of additional water consumed in a 15 minute shower over a 5 minute shower (or, to put it another way, having a 5 minute shower every day vs twice a week) is about enough to grow five almonds.

five individual almonds.

furthermore, the entire almond market in california (which is most of the world's almonds) is owned by a single billionaire "farmer" family. right now, almonds are irrigated with open trenches, so over 50% of the water that is supplied to the groves simply evaporates. the new laws would require that the trenches be covered with plastic sheets so that this doesn't happen. the billionaire has lobbied insanely hard -- and succeeded -- against these laws, astroturfing it as an unreasonable hardship for the poor little american farmer. so the water just continues to be sucked out of mono lake and the kern county water bank and evaporated into space. because a 90 year old billionaire doesn't want to cut into his profits by buying plastic sheeting.

almonds aren't even necessary. nobody dies because they didn't reach their daily almond intake. many of them are just ground up into almond milk for privileged vegans who are too weak to drink black coffee.

you are doing literally nothing to help with planetary water conservation by becoming a greasy dirtball, tokin. you can choose not to shower if you prefer it that way, but don't delude yourself.

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Apr 26, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

One is going to have to get used to experiencing an AI voice, going forward, but this is a particular AI voice I associate so strongly with the absolute worst garbage, that just hearing it makes me so immediately angry. When I hear that AI voice, I know I'm in for a full minute of absolutely useless, unfunny, unoriginal and slightly uncomfortable content watched by 300 million people. It's like one step above that other AI voice that kind of sounds like a cartoon woman.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Nobody Interesting posted:

I have very long hair and have to wash it often or else it looks and feels like complete dog poo poo. sorry tokin.

On the plus side it keeps the drain clogged so plenty of opportunity for water reuse.

If you have long hair you should be washing it less.

I had hair down to my butt in school and washed it every day. The overwashing made it get greasier and people would tell me I looked like I never washed my hair.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sagebrush posted:

the amount of additional water consumed in a 15 minute shower over a 5 minute shower (or, to put it another way, having a 5 minute shower every day vs twice a week) is about enough to grow five almonds.

five individual almonds.

furthermore, the entire almond market in california (which is most of the world's almonds) is owned by a single billionaire "farmer" family. right now, almonds are irrigated with open trenches, so over 50% of the water that is supplied to the groves simply evaporates. the new laws would require that the trenches be covered with plastic sheets so that this doesn't happen. the billionaire has lobbied insanely hard -- and succeeded -- against these laws, astroturfing it as an unreasonable hardship for the poor little american farmer. so the water just continues to be sucked out of mono lake and the kern county water bank and evaporated into space. because a 90 year old billionaire doesn't want to cut into his profits by buying plastic sheeting.

almonds aren't even necessary. nobody dies because they didn't reach their daily almond intake. many of them are just ground up into almond milk for privileged vegans who are too weak to drink black coffee.

you are doing literally nothing to help with planetary water conservation by becoming a greasy dirtball, tokin. you can choose not to shower if you prefer it that way, but don't delude yourself.

And meanwhile every conservative nods along and parrots Trumpian nonsense about California just "letting all its water run out to sea"

Drives me bugfuck

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Another solid W for sleepy joe

If he does kill TikTok and it ends up costing him the election I will be forced to agree.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I would be willing to endure another Trump presidency if the tradeoff was no more TikTok garbage. Videos should not be shot in portrait.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

yeah tokin you should maybe re-examine your thoughts on water because your talking points are literally coming from the billionaires using all the water on this

CelticPredator posted:

TikTok gives you brain rot. Kill it and then all social media

you sound like an old angry person from literally any generation through history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

credburn posted:

I would be willing to endure another Trump presidency if the tradeoff was no more TikTok garbage. Videos should not be shot in portrait.

Jesus Christ