Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Flesh Forge posted:

covid didn't show us anything, we showed covid that we won't let anything change our way of life :911:

The "...or THE TERRORISTS WIN!!" attitude that surfaced in the middle of it was a real eye-opener

Buy all the toilet paper and go out to the mall and see movies! That's what we had to do last time!! What do you mean this is different?? Why can't :airquote: the government :airquote: make up its mind!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Data Graham posted:

The "...or THE TERRORISTS WIN!!" attitude that surfaced in the middle of it was a real eye-opener

Buy all the toilet paper and go out to the mall and see movies! That's what we had to do last time!! What do you mean this is different?? Why can't :airquote: the government :airquote: make up its mind!!

and it's across the loving board too, like 90% of the country is just ready for covid to not be happening omg you people are STILL wearing masks?? losers *draws hilarious cartoon mocking hand-washing*

also,

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

I mean, if cops are going to beat me up, I might help them know I'm a white guy with a bachelor's degree. Yeah I'm using white/class privilege but... I also don't want to be beat up by cops.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

RubberLuffy posted:

This is because in the original trailer the outfits on the main character had slightly less fabric.

Mark Kern (aka Grummz on twitter) is in his 50s.
This guy has been desperate to stay relevant lately, latching onto every little mundane controversy-Helldivers 2 fascism discourse "sjws think the bugs are the good guys!" to the notion of female space marines in Warhammer 40k "real fans don't want them! It's only the tourists trying to pressure Games Workshop into putting in more woke stuff!" to Stellar Blade "leftists hate anything heterosexual and beautiful! That's why they complain!"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what does that guy do other than shitpost online?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

credburn posted:

I mean, if cops are going to beat me up, I might help them know I'm a white guy with a bachelor's degree. Yeah I'm using white/class privilege but... I also don't want to be beat up by cops.

wow looks like you have some growing to do, be better :mad:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

are there actually female space marine sculpts yet cuz I’d totally make a kill team of ‘em omg

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Panfilo posted:

This guy has been desperate to stay relevant lately, latching onto every little mundane controversy-Helldivers 2 fascism discourse "sjws think the bugs are the good guys!" to the notion of female space marines in Warhammer 40k "real fans don't want them! It's only the tourists trying to pressure Games Workshop into putting in more woke stuff!" to Stellar Blade "leftists hate anything heterosexual and beautiful! That's why they complain!"

haha he literally posted a DM he sent to the Stellar Blade devs

like why would you even admit to writing this if you were a teenager, much less pushing 60

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

it’s not anti gamer sentiment to call gross dweebs gross dweebs hth

e: also is stellar blade really some big loving deal because it’s 2024 and I can’t imagine getting all weird and hyped about a new generic character action game

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Rockman Reserve posted:

e: also is stellar blade really some big loving deal because it’s 2024 and I can’t imagine getting all weird and hyped about a new generic character action game

Sony is pushing it really hard. Like they're already acting like main character EVE (yes there is a man named ADAM in the game as well) is some iconic character.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Rockman Reserve posted:

Clearly none of these self-identified gamers played Nier: Automata which is the only reason I can imagine they’re losing their poo poo over a video game with a lady with a nice butt

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Rockman Reserve posted:

are there actually female space marine sculpts yet cuz I’d totally make a kill team of ‘em omg

the sisters of battle have been a thing for decades, yes

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Anti gamer prejudice is the second ethical bigotry, right after hating the rich.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rockman Reserve posted:

Part of it is being marketed fairly heavily, but it's also getting astroturfed to hell by gamergate weirdos. It just happens to be a horny mainstream game at a time when weird dudes believe they're taking a brave stand against The Man by being horny about video game characters.

Byzantine posted:

the sisters of battle have been a thing for decades, yes

<:mad:> First of all I'll have you know that they're not Space Marines and furthermore,

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rockman Reserve posted:

There's not much else for big releases right now and it's been marketed pretty heavily by Sony. Also it's pretty good

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RubberLuffy posted:

Who even knows at this point, this desperate attempt to get Gamergate 2.0 going is the saddest poo poo. Kern is so desperate to be the leader of this "new movement"

edit:
haha it literally is just slightly more fabric now

After posting this picture and the context on discord I was informed that actually both costumes are in the final game. So either Mark is an idiot, or he is legit mad about the hard R thing.

(He's both.)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

RubberLuffy posted:

haha he literally posted a DM he sent to the Stellar Blade devs

like why would you even admit to writing this if you were a teenager, much less pushing 60

Obligatory

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
There is little funnier than the moment on an LTT stream when Linus admitted to using "hard r word" tons when he was younger, as Luke sat their getting wider eyed by the moment.

Linus thought "hard r" meant re***d.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There is little funnier than the moment on an LTT stream when Linus admitted to using "hard r word" tons when he was younger, as Luke sat their getting wider eyed by the moment.

I'm literally just finding out from this post that that's not the word that they mean, and have no idea what else would count and make sense in that context.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm literally just finding out from this post that that's not the word that they mean, and have no idea what else would count and make sense in that context.

n-word, ending in “er” rather than “a”; the latter is often taken as a sign of camaraderie, especially in songs, where as the former is a more serious offense

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Subjunctive posted:

n-word, ending in “er” rather than “a”; the latter is often taken as a sign of camaraderie, especially in songs, where as the former is a more serious offense

Oh, ENDING with the letter. Normally that kind of censorship includes the starting letter, not the ending one.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah it's a really tricky little artifact of the modern era, it seems like more than half the time I hear "hard R" it's someone misunderstanding what it's referring to. And it's not easy to correct politely

Used to be called "n-word with the hard R" but that got shortened due to laziness and here we are

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Apr 26, 2024

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat kids and their slang shortening things to the point of ambiguity

also musk is dropping a the rword in one of his ket episodes right now and of course all his muskrats are taking it as an opportunity to also say it. keeping using twitter you twitter addicts.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Just commit all the english slurs to heart

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I speak with a hard P

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Speak softly and carry a hard r

- Scott Adams, probably

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Sagebrush posted:

You should wash your butthole, pee pee, and teeth at least once every day.

Rest of your body you can skip a day here and there but it's better to at least get in the shower and rinse off the sweat and grime. Personally I do not like getting in bed without showering because (a) i don't like the idea of bringing the dirt of the day into bed, and (b) everything feels softer afterwards.

You don't have to use the RIGHT GUARD MEGA MAN CLEANER soap that dissolves your outer layer of skin, but the people who say you don't need to use soap ever are also wrong. Use a mild soap in moderation.

As hairdressers will tell you, you should not shampoo your hair more than maybe three times a week. But obviously you should wash your hair when it feels greasy or smells or is dirty, regardless.

Hopefully this has been useful information.

Helping goons understand basic grooming is always helpful :imunfunny:

But ya, my habits are slightly different but it's the same basic premise. I've tried dry shampoo and I can't say it works for my oily hair.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

I just take a shower every day after work and wash my hair about twice a week because any less than that and it looks gross as gently caress. You don’t need to lather up with soap and everything every day but as long as you’re doing it frequently enough you don’t smell then you’re probably good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

E: also I still find it obnoxious that people assume the only reason I can have the opinions I do being a bit when they're actually held beliefs. The extremity of a point is not correlated with it's correctness, the philosophical golden mean is for cowards.

Tokin has an obvious way of speaking through text that feels so obvious when she's being sarcastic vs genuine and just being serious but not dry about it. Like she could just post 'gently caress Joe Biden for prioritizing removing an app over preventing a genocide. Another win for the Democrat's Reagan' but instead does it like 'Me at the letting everyone around me down competition and my opponent is genocide assistant Joe Biden' It feels pretty obvious to me. Like how you can tell the difference between a cheeseburger and a cheeseburger that's been smothered in Raclette cheese by sight alone.

credburn posted:

One is going to have to get used to experiencing an AI voice, going forward, but this is a particular AI voice I associate so strongly with the absolute worst garbage, that just hearing it makes me so immediately angry. When I hear that AI voice, I know I'm in for a full minute of absolutely useless, unfunny, unoriginal and slightly uncomfortable content watched by 300 million people. It's like one step above that other AI voice that kind of sounds like a cartoon woman.

It's absurd and also being shared because everyone's on some level of Dead Internet Theory knowledge and has to post it to say that the bots are making some wild garbage. I think a key point of this is that people forget that just because it's being watched that doesn't always mean that it's enjoyed too. Whatever memes that got on people's nerves a decade ago were. Clussy, Jojo, youtube poops or whatever.

Also it's weird how people talk about Tiktok like it's the first social media site to ever have weird videos or memes that make people in their 40's angry when they see them. It all follows from the last one, livejournal, youtube, myspace, facebook, twitter, vine, instagram, snapchat, vine, tumblr down to Tiktok now. And there's probably another six in there that I'm forgetting about.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RareAcumen posted:

does it like 'Me at the letting everyone around me down competition and my opponent is genocide assistant Joe Biden'

Wow her posting’s not that bad.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

The General posted:

Should I bath in my pasta water, or make pasta with my bath water??

i take my baths now in a coffee cup
i boil what's left of it for tea
and it's a privilege to pee

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

tokin opposition posted:

Yeah I love it when the state censors a way of expressing anti-genocide beliefs that also contains a massive amount of young people making culture.

For you shower-loving olds, this is like if Bush shut down Tumblr for having too many gay furries.

E: also I still find it obnoxious that people assume the only reason I can have the opinions I do being a bit when they're actually held beliefs. The extremity of a point is not correlated with it's correctness, the philosophical golden mean is for cowards.

stinky

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RareAcumen posted:

Tokin has an obvious way of speaking through text that feels so obvious .

Ah but two obvious’s cancel themselves out

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That's... what I thought it meant

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

oldpainless posted:

Ah but two obvious’s cancel themselves out

:hmmyes:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I run all of my possible posts through an advanced LLM and then delete them before posting because i'm jealous as to how much better they are than me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1783944970769965474

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Now, why do you suppose Mr. Musk would have a grudge against the Mandela family?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

RareAcumen posted:

Tokin has an obvious way of speaking through text that feels so obvious when she's being sarcastic vs genuine and just being serious but not dry about it. Like she could just post 'gently caress Joe Biden for prioritizing removing an app over preventing a genocide. Another win for the Democrat's Reagan' but instead does it like 'Me at the letting everyone around me down competition and my opponent is genocide assistant Joe Biden' It feels pretty obvious to me. Like how you can tell the difference between a cheeseburger and a cheeseburger that's been smothered in Raclette cheese by sight alone.

It's absurd and also being shared because everyone's on some level of Dead Internet Theory knowledge and has to post it to say that the bots are making some wild garbage. I think a key point of this is that people forget that just because it's being watched that doesn't always mean that it's enjoyed too. Whatever memes that got on people's nerves a decade ago were. Clussy, Jojo, youtube poops or whatever.

Also it's weird how people talk about Tiktok like it's the first social media site to ever have weird videos or memes that make people in their 40's angry when they see them. It all follows from the last one, livejournal, youtube, myspace, facebook, twitter, vine, instagram, snapchat, vine, tumblr down to Tiktok now. And there's probably another six in there that I'm forgetting about.

I have no idea what you are trying to say so I'm taking it as a compliment and you can't stop me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Sagebrush posted:

I wonder if that guy knows that if he goes certain other places on the internet he can find pictures of ladies who are totally naked. No clothes at all!

His issue isn't that he wants to see women who are more sex objects than characters. His issue is that he doesn't want to see women who aren't.