Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Captain Monkey posted:

Why do cops of all people use the Punisher logo. It’s so stupid to me.
It's because cops don't want to be cops. They want to be the Punisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I can’t parse that at all. Think who’s related? What does any of that mean?
It's a commentary on how the poster thinks "men working" is gendered language and reflects the larger trend of inherent problems in professions like this where women are made to feel excluded or unwelcome.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The General posted:

I have argued with people online who have said "Minimum wage is why people get paid $7/hour. If we got rid of minimum wage, companies would pay more." :psyduck:
I know I'm late to the discussion of unfettered capitalism, but it's not like we didn't already try that? There is definitely a long and significant period of history in which the US and UK tried basically no unions, no regulations, and no government oversight. If such a thing could give us utopia, it should have by now. Instead we got some unspeakable atrocities and open slaughter. We tried it already!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Calling people like Jordan Peterson "someone who disagrees with my politics" frames it like you're just having a polite disagreement in some nice lounge somewhere, musing over tax brackets or some bullshit. This is not that. People loving died.

grittyreboot posted:

If any of this is then true cam shows would be the least of his worries. If she's doing something illegal no court would ever believe he wasn't at least an accessory.
Maybe he's setting up a public alibi then.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BrigadierSensible posted:

I will agree that it is sad that the bad man did bad things to himself and is suffering for it. (Seriously, brain damage, and addiction aren't things to laugh at.)

But the question I will ask is what has happened to his followers? Did they look at Dr. Peterson and what he has become to see where following his advice leads you? Do they still defend his "women are whores, and you should tidy your room whilst eating meat." philosophy?
Most of them will ignore it as a tragedy not worth looking any further into whatsoever, a very "such a shame, I'm sure it was unrelated" mindset.
But I will bet almost any amount of money that if this impacts them at all in a way that affects their views, the vast majority will blame his daughter. And by extension, women.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

50s girl groupon posted:

I’ve seen so many versions of this over the years but just LOL. And it was shared by the Area GM’s wife, neither of whom are fans of Trump as far as any of us knew so wtf
Donald Trump would break open a baby's spine and drink the fluid if he thought it would give him 1 more minute of life. This is not a man who has ever, ever shown sacrifice for the greater good or for others.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Given past arguments from similar posters I'm relatively confident that "us females don't deserve the """"""right"""""" to vote, if you think about it" twitter shithead is not actually a woman.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

slinkimalinki posted:

This statement weirded me out until I realised you didn't know that Kaitlyn Bennett is like a known person. Yeah, she exists, it's not some dude using a fake picture.
Yeah I'll confess I didn't recognize the name

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Darkhold posted:

A few have been conditioned to actually see themselves as inferior while others think they'll be 'one of the good ones' and be an exception to the rule. I'm guessing Kent State girl is the latter.

Phyllis Schlafly was another like that going around giving big lectures on how women should be at home cooking for their husband.
I constantly see people like this going "wow why are my fans so toxic to me? Don't you understand I'm one of you??"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Don't trust vetted news sources! Trust me, an unsigned facebook post!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pththya-lyi posted:

they stopped at 8, the cowards
https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1247881217984299008
You wish they had

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I honestly thought that was what she was doing, at first.

And in a way, she is, apparently. People are commenting that she says very calculated horrible poo poo regularly just to agitate people and drive up views of her weird, parasocial nightmare room.
From what I saw people in the comments were mostly trying to turn this from "wow she's terrible" to "wow women are terrible".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Did anyone cap this?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's stupid to think you can shame men into not being cruel to women. It's smart to think you can shame women into not dressing in a way I find unsexy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skwirl posted:

Dressing differently from how I think you should dress is a clear sign you are easily influenced by others.
If these women were really self-motivated, confident, and unafraid of judgement, they would do exactly what I tell them to and not challenge any norms!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Amazing that like 80% of the comments are <3 <3 <3 YOU LOOK SO CUTE, AW, DARLING, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!! <3 <3 <3
Goddamn some people really do worship the Royals don't they

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Is this just an attempt to be as obtuse as possible about what people clearly didn't mean because it was already a dumb point but come on

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

mind the walrus posted:

Literally the only good thing Elon Musk has contributed to society was giving Robert Downey Jr. someone to refer to as a self-involved billionaire when constructing how he wanted to play Tony Stark. Everything else about the guy hits nearly every chord in the library of sad music notes from "this is reprehensible" to "omg why a public dipshit."

https://twitter.com/Cryptoterra/status/1256321016579547136
He did give us a few more things.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

EL BROMANCE posted:

I would believe anything on r/relationaships, AITA etc even less than usual right now. They’re always breeding ground for ‘creative writing’ and since the covid poo poo started it’s gotten even worse for it.
It hits a lot of hot buttons for the audience: Minecraft, kids and video games, losing a save, the value of sleep. It seems tailor made for the kind of people you'd find online, on Reddit, etc. So I got my fingers crossed it's fake.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
You sound really cool.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

letthereberock posted:

The scene where all the cars sing sadly about their lives before getting crushed into cubes still depresses the hell out of me.
There's a scene that'll make a kid confront the concept of mortality real quick.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

vyelkin posted:

Boy is Grandma Killer going to be surprised when her "If you want to stay locked down, do" caveat means all the doctors, dentists, museums, zoos, restaurants, and teachers stay locked down while she bangs angrily on their windows demanding they open up so she can get a haircut.

That's the thing about the anti-lockdown crowds, they aren't just demanding that the lockdown be lifted for them, they're demanding that everyone go back to work so that they can patronize the businesses they want to, regardless of whether or not the businesses' workers want to put their own lives in danger. They always frame these tweets and angry rants as "if you want to shut down, fine, but I don't!" as if it's all a matter of personal choice, but as always their complete lack of empathy means their choice is the only one that matters and they don't care if other people literally die because they demand that everyone else reopen to serve them.
Don't worry, they know. Because removing the lockdown would mean no unemployment benefits or other safety nets, these people would have to go back to work to survive. "Let us choose" really means "force everyone out".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

People who (for example), only watch the movie, and yet claim to be a huge fan of X character, having not read, seen, or even acknowledge the books/comics/original source material it's based on poo poo me greatly. I know it's a pretentious poser opinion to have, and I should let them like what they like, but it shits me anyway.
They only bother me if they do what this dumbass did and tell everyone they're huge longtime fans of the character/series/whatever and this one totally SJW thing they just heard about ruins them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

vyelkin posted:

It's okay to go bankrupt from medical debt in the middle of a global pandemic as long as you had a lawyer representing you at the time.
Also it's okay to go bankrupt from medical debt if it's not during a global pandemic, because nobody gets seriously ill outside of those.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Mak0rz posted:

I tried searching for this to read the rest of the argument but it's obfuscated by thousands of posts from Left Twitter just quoting it verbatim to mock it lol
https://twitter.com/bronzeswords/status/1247908653396414466
Here you go

mind the walrus posted:

This is doubly funny because a lot of leftists think Animal Crossing--while adorable-- is a capitalism fantasy simulator that deserves a side eye.
That's basically the argument the guy makes: "desire for dominance" here means "wanting to be dominated".
Apparently the game centers around a hyper capitalist crony-capitalist "authoritarian" landlord named Tom Nook who controls your life and the whole point of the game is to please and appease him, which betrays the liberal desire to follow and obey authoritarians, and conservatives don't like that which is obviously why conservatives don't play Animal Crossing. Incidentally his source for "conservatives don't play Animal Crossing, its players are mostly leftists" is... based on nothing. He has no facts to support it, it's just how he feels. But you better believe he's shouting down everyone in the comments for not backing up their arguments RATIONALLY and with DATA.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
That's just lazy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Masks = tyranny because .... I dunno, I took an American Revolutionary History class once and Tyranny is a bad thing, so I can equate it with masks which I also dislike
etc.
Because being asked to do literally anything I don't normally do, or change my routine/"normal" in any way, is tyranny.
It's the exact same reason so many of these same people want to be able to say (keep saying) slurs, think about x group in a certain way, hold onto dated views and language, not switch to green energy, etc. etc.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

https://twitter.com/hayden_corney/status/1263215132840058880

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"I, a big fan of Mythbusters, have decided I know better than they do. They are, after all, known for not doing their research."

Miss posted:

you beautiful bastard
Turn your monitor on

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

i got your compression artifacts right here *points to deez nuts*

Content:

They're exploiting protections they don't even agree with. I guarantee these are the same people who would throw a fuss about disability exemptions in any other setting (one where they don't personally benefit), and think being able to keep the nature of your disability private is wrong. Can't count how many times I've seen fucks like this demand to know why someone driving with a disability placard "deserves it" when they "look fine to me".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's the same logic that makes people think lizard people and the illuminati are controlling the entire world from the shadows in a perfect conspiracy that's evaded everyone... but also they communicate in public channels with obvious codes, and are just I guess so vain they have to put their faces and secret logos on loving everything, like hidden in your money.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What are "toxins"? Well you see

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Inceltown posted:

It's not my favourite cartoon but that's a drastic action to take.
No it's very easy to just pull a factory out of another country. Just reach in and grab it!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

trickybiscuits posted:

It's not like nobody has ever done a funny scene of a woman getting beat up before. There's the long line of people waiting to slap the hysterical woman in Airplane!.
I know it wasn't intended as such, but when I first saw it when I was basically a kid, I thought the whole joke there was that it was making fun of the prevalent idea of "doing violence to a woman will definitely calm her down!", which is why the violence down the line grew more obvious and the woman's hysterics only got worse as she was struck.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
drat it's weird how they're "completely stifling free speech" yet I can still completely read it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Boywhiz88 posted:

There’s a Facebook post circulating from the owner of the gas station that was expecting this tanker. It sounds like there is a chance of “he hosed up.” Rather than a wholly malicious action.

Just a heads up!
It's pretty easy to say after you've done something horrible and it failed that you meant to do something else, so unless there's proof there it's gonna be hard to exonerate a person who threatened a ton of human lives.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Sure seems like a lot of the people saying "wow, so brave, you said racism = bad! gonna say murder is bad next?" are also people who don't actually think racism is bad.
This weird mix of "well duh, obviously" but also just wild, slack-jawed racism pouring out like an open sewer.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh gently caress well if the police are saying it was an accident

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

christmas boots posted:

Considering that it's fundamentally a kid's movie, I thought it did a good job showing that, even though she meant well and didn't consciously discriminate, she'd still inherited a bunch of unconscious biases that she had to confront. I don't know a lot of other movies, let alone children's movies, that acknowledge that you can still be a racist even if you're not intentionally one.
It's kind of amazing that the movie was so blatant with its metaphors and people could still come out of it with pro-racist ideology. I've seen enough of dumbasses on Twitter to know it exists.
Then again it was a pretty pro-cop film, but to be fair, that's a kid's movie for you. It's not like the cartoon animals were going to start singing "gently caress the Police".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"This guy's piece trying to convince people that the military should be sent in to kill American protestors doesn't endanger anyone's life!"
As long as you don't consider them people this is a true statement!