Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

fascists have always loved skull insignia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

friendly reminder that the internet presence of

Journalist
Excellence
Worldwide

is some nazi poo poo. they're trying to convince you that everyone who objects to the pejorative use of Karen is a craaaazy sjw. consider not reposting their poo poo, or at least labeling it clearly

https://twitter.com/AntiFashGordon/status/1246988647502618630?s=20

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I for one firmly expect to see people post horrible poo poo, but then the ones that respond to the horror are the ones that get punished. nothing personal, LaB, that's just how that kind of rule seems to go

ultimately I think we're all stuck with each other regardless. we'll just have to see what happens next, together

I agree with the sentiment of "kill all men" posting but I don't think it's getting us much value

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

mind the walrus posted:

All I know is that I tried to watch his poo poo a few times and it's painfully obvious he's more interested in flexing his theater degree than in doing anything substantial.

as someone who regularly watches his videos, I agree with this 100%

in the sense of "cis dude got a thing for trans ladies" I expect, due to association with Natalie Contrapoints

it does have a connotation of "you're super into trans rights because you want to get with trans ladies" tho

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

CAROL posted:

Didn’t it turn out graham lineham was flirting w trans chicks in the reg

I'd only heard that all this started with an episode of IT Crowd around that scenario, i.e. Trans Panic. Dude gets into a slapstick altercation with a woman he'd been dating, due to learning of her (former?) penis. The pushback from that made him mad, and everything since has been him refusing to learn or grow at all.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Mushika posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress. I can't deal with this anymore. Maybe I'm the IoSM, and if so, I apologize, but I just can't handle this poo poo anymore.

I personally give you permission to log off for a while. I'll keep an eye on things for you.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Nuebot posted:

Vimes is openly a bastard. But he's also a bastard who actively tries to be harder on the ruling class when he can, even if it amounts to very little, while giving some degree of leeway to the working classes specifically because he knows who the law favors and that they better know how to game the system in their favor to abuse those below them.

you don't have DMs, so I gotta hope this is valid IoSM content: what the gently caress is going on with your avatar. what forum are those screenshots from? did you set that avatar or was it bought for you?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

eating only apples posted:

Fairly sure this one isn't real. The font isn't the same (the original thread about being suspended is real and can be found on the site if you want to look, I don't recommend it) and the "regarding the nudes" post in this tweet has the same time as the original thread. Shame though.

I was able to locate the 4:15 post by FeministFrequencyFan but it had been deleted by mumsnet moderators. "fonts wrong" seems kind of silly - most people do these kinds of fakes with the browser inspector rather than photoshop these days, so there might be some other reason for inconsistent font selection.

can't find either of Glinner's responses tho

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I mean, it'd be a thousand times more effective if L'Oreal stopped making whitening creams, like Johnson and Johnson did. if you take a quick GIS for "whitening cream racist" you'll get an idea of what I mean

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

grittyreboot posted:

Could she break her wrist firing and like that?

much more likely to hit herself in the head with the gun, if anything

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Pinus Porcus posted:

Crossposted from GBS:

that "sheepdog" thing is a reference to American police training: https://www.policeone.com/police-products/training-products/articles/book-excerpt-on-sheep-wolves-and-sheepdogs-UmiU5ujhwNg3douX/

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

T-man posted:

am i allowed to say die cis scum again? because it's true tbh

"the cis scum"

Moon Slayer posted:

All right, I'll have the probation retracted. Just ... don't post unsourced hateful quotes. Dumb, angry, sure, whatever, but not the hateful stuff.

would that quote have been suitable material for the thread if it were in quote blocks? it does seem like the intensity of the racism outweighs the stupidity value

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Jul 7, 2020

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

just making sure people remember that the LGB alliance was formed explicitly to try to get the gays to stop supporting trans people. it is not surprising that they are also racist

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

there wolf posted:

libertarian cum fascist

is this too long for a username

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

just so you don't have to go looking, here's the cleats:

https://twitter.com/Jack9Flaherty/status/1299716847353425921?s=20

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Whether they think it's true or not, that's one of the things they throw at us constantly

that is utterly buck wild to me, because I know zero trans women who habitually wear wigs. they mainly seem to just let their hair grow out, because why wouldn't you, it's just hair. what would you need with a wig.

OwlFancier posted:

I gather the name specifically is also of some weirdo who had very strong Views on how to "treat" LGBT people for their "mental disorder" but unfortunately the name is quite had to google now, subtractive filtering only gives me the name of some 19th century engineer who I don't think is the same person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Galbraith_Heath

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The Saddest Rhino posted:

We reached the point several hours ago where a person sitting in parliament tweeted calling another person an "incorrigible liar and a political psychopath" so idk! Maybe we are facing another coup based out of a 5 star hotel!

I sincerely wish some of our federal-level politicians had the nerve to call each other liars. maybe the instability is bad but the hyperstability is not good either

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

this only works if you accept the fairly-plausible assumption that Michael Tracey thinks "fascism" equals "use of force by the state"

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it kind of looks salt-cured? that might be wishful thinking, though

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Prester Jane Was* Right

*Also Still Is

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

1) I'd like to see where she said that
2) I didn't say she was right about everything

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

oldpainless posted:

Let me know when this guy gets beyond theoretical work and does actual work

michio kaku paint my fence

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Elviscat posted:

Check her rap sheet, right at the start of the pandemic she advocated blockading PPE factories as a method of achieving revolution.

I was willing to take this at face value, but then Best Korea told a conflicting story and I decided to look into it

Triskelli posted:

Idle thought, but what would it take to turn social distancing into a general strike?

mod sassinator posted:

How can you strike when you don't have a job anymore because it's closed down? (not sarcastic or smarmy answer, it's the sad truth)

Prester Jane posted:

Serious Answer: You+me+a crowd of people block all the entrances to a PPE factory and refuse to budge until our demands are met.

People power only exists when the people collectively decide to step on the system's most vulnerable pressure points without hesitation or mercy. When the people are content to calmly voice their grievances while standing in a free speech zone- then the system can simply ignore us for as long as it takes.

she was literally describing the conditions of a general strike, but the same category of no-context fucklords that ruin anyone even slightly weird on this website apparently started describing it as "blockading PPE factories" and "holding workers hostage" to "achieve revolution"? (the hostage bit was from the thread linked above, the other two are things you said yourself)

Elviscat, I hate to say it, but you're telling lies

EDIT: vvv the difference is the context of it being an answer to the question "what does a general strike look like"

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Oct 8, 2020

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

"what bill" like if I wanted to show Nancy Pelosi voting for another monstrous defense budget, I could name H.R. 8337, so what bill did she introduce that does anything like that

(yes, arguing with these people is pointless, but you can waste a bunch of their time and energy with short, unanswerable questions about their nonsensical beliefs)

also lol at Kamala doing anything Bernie says, ever, at all

EDIT: vvv to be clear I agree vvv

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Oct 11, 2020

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

ultrafilter posted:

The idea of virtue signaling kinda points at something real and I'm sure that it would be possible to make a coherent notion, but no one's done that so far. If you see someone using the phrase and you don't know for a fact that they understand what signaling is, be suspicious.

like, for instance, the concept of Alphas in wolfpacks, or involuntary celibacy, it started as a technical term to describe a situation for some meaningful purpose, but was co-opted by dickholes who wanted to complain about why they shouldn't have to listen to anyone at all

StillFullyTerrible posted:

i've never eaten organ meat, i'm not sure where this is coming from

this was about a tweet that I'm just going to repost here, because this is the place for it and we're far, far off the rails:

https://twitter.com/cryptodemedici/status/1317129028151742467

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

wizzardstaff posted:

"No need for government assistance, we have everything we need! Well, except the people who don't."

you smug fucks are gonna feel real smart staring down PM Doug Ford

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Oct 22, 2020

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

no, that one should be lower, everyone knows contemporary royalty are all vampires

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

well, not GOOD research, anyway

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Teach posted:

Hey, if a "depressed lesbian" feels the need to pretend to be straight with a fake male partner, just to get through 2020, I am not going to judge. It's been a tough year on everyone.

that sounds more like a temporarily embarassed lesbian

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it's the cartoon cat in his avatar

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Henchman of Santa posted:

White gebnocide

not Jeb! :ohdear:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Tony Phillips posted:

Checking in with my recreational chud friend.....
You wanna convince him that this election was on the up and up?

the only possible reply to this is "get over it, he won"

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

mods please rename FFT to NTR

tia

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Hellblazer187 posted:

I always wondered about the skull art used by sharezone or da jekyl. Like, who made the original art they memed with? I'm still not sure who makes the original art, but now I know who they make it for. lmao.

you'd never encountered one of these guys? DSZ's fascination with skeleton art memes isn't just made up, it's a parody of a specific type of guy

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

that's just donburi but go off

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

the existence of the situation is very consistent with cyberpunk; forcing the player to be complicit in the situation is not

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

in context it seemed obvious that he was trying to say that antisemitism is bad, but, he was also fond of the phrase "as a student of Hitler" which makes me wonder if Hitler taught him how to open a can of beans

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I personally want to know what Ben Garrison will draw in the days to come but refuse to go looking for where he posts

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

strong finish on that one, definitely a strong return to form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

once had a Lyft driver threaten to shoot someone who cut him off

he didn't pull out an actual gun so I still gave him 5/5