Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/mumbly_joe/status/1245025693542612994?s=21

Thought he might be going for a good joke at first, but the rest of his posting confirms he’s just a dumb gently caress.

the thought of police brutality scares him so he comes up with reasons it would never happen to him

too cowardly to even face the idea of bad cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

triggered

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm gonna go with Melvin

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this is some cringey meme meta discussion

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the battle for "biggest sanctimonious downer" rages on

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there wolf posted:

I don't know. I guess it's just my habit whenever the subject of systemic bias having an impact on literally everything that involves women in a patriarchal culture comes up, and someone inevitably stomps in to tells us all how that's totally not true and it wouldn't matter anyway because when you think about it anything could be an insult hypothetically so why bother complaining about it... I just naturally read it as a bunch of shallow excuses to not think seriously about the subject for fear of having to confront some unpleasant truth like maybe these people aren't being unreasonable joykillers, and the problem is me and my kneejerk dismissiveness of the mildest critical engagement.

hawowanlawow posted:

the battle for "biggest sanctimonious downer" rages on

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

The band The Breeders long predate SA and they are named after the queer usage.

also they're way cooler than sa

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

we already did that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what are the odds that by "medication" this person means essential oils?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

someone give this guy a swirlie

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Have you seen this guy's high school photos? He was probably the one giving swirlies.

the swirler must become the swirlee

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hmm I just shat all over their photo, better patch this up by impressing them with my knowledge of what the moon looks like south of the equator

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

d3lness posted:

Not always, but very often. That kind of entertainment that those people deem low brow is fine. The weirdness starts when people start trying to apply artistic intent where it doesn't belong. Most pop music has a bunch of writers in the credits desperately trying to engineer the catchiest tune they can with minimal consideration for its content. Same with stuff like MCU. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I don't want a fancy five course dinner every single night. Grilled cheese and tomato soup from a can is fine.

yea and calling a comic book movie a film is like calling a big mac a dish

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hihohe posted:

All I'm saying is in 50 years when the survivors of the Clean water wars get together to tell stories and munch on the faces of billionaires.
The wise old shaman from the before times will reenact the Man of Iron instead of The Man of Irish.

and beer will simply be known as bud light

yes they are two words that mean the same thing with different connotations, that is the point

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

stop gettin mad about comic books

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

d3lness posted:

Film is also a great word to let you know when somebody might be a snob. That's the only other connotation in this context.

yes, that is why it is funny when people use it to talk about comic book movies

to both be pretentious about movies and like comic book movies is funny

that is why I compared it to calling a big mac a dish

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if you read the stage notes for Macbeth you'll be amused to find that it calls specifically for "John's Goode wine" to be used in all meal scenes, label out

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yea and bud light is just Michael Bay's favorite beer

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It is funny that making fun of comic books generated more angry posts than unabashed classism

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean making fun of comic books is kind of steeped in classism at this point.

Considering comic books are main stream pop culture now.

Though generally most pop culture criticism especially online is steeped in classism

So the making fun of classism never really stopped

the movies themselves and the people who get mad are fair game

just don't go making fun of ~the type of people~ who watch them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It all starts with not letting people starve in the gutter, then BAM. SLAVERY

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mushika posted:

People really get upset that a game is available on more than one console? What the hell is that? Why does it make a game better if it's only available on one console and no other?

I give these companies my blood sweat and tears defending them from trolls online and they dare to spit in my face by fraternizing with the enemy???

Not today, Sony. Not on my watch

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there was a good story in the relationships thread in which the op said "I read Faulkner so obviously I would be Ravenclaw" and just left it at that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he is a little baby dicked man too afraid to face the randomness and injustice in the universe, so he comes up with excuses for why people deserve the bad things that happen to them

the biggest most pathetic type of loser

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I for one welcome our new idiot orange clown overlords

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

The best part about molon labe is that every time it shows up in a battle the people saying it lose hard. Thermopylae didn’t do much to stop the Persians despite the popular myth that it was some heroic game changing moment.

Texans said it to Santa Anna and then won

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Apr 15, 2020

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

How’d it work out for Bowie, Travis, and Crockett?

different battle

the come and take it flag / cannon are from Gonzalez, not the Alamo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also Texans lost at the Alamo lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

That was my point, because I misremembered it was Battle of Gonzalez.

yeah honestly the come and take it flag would be extremely apt and appropriate ...if the government was actually trying to come and take people's guns and that wasn't just a bunch of NRA bullshit to increase gun sales

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well I guess all the conspiracy nutsos have to do something for a living, and some of them run obscure corporate twitters

they can't all be nurses

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

human resource sustainment hour, satisfy all of your biological needs!

rad!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

so many shrimp

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's definitely not cool

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the next time this guy gets annoyed by some saccharine thank are heroes video, he should just roll his eyes and slam some tequila instead of tweeting about it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

no, no that is not what they mean

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

all I know is that bullet with butterfly wings cover in the FF7 trailer is really really fuckin bad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mad about slang

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Is this just an attempt to be as obtuse as possible about what people clearly didn't mean because it was already a dumb point but come on

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dude is just lifting his screed from Rick and Morty too lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also this time last year it wasn't killing anybody because it didn't exist