Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1255615229645467648

Not sure this guy knows much about anything tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Deptfordx posted:

Yeah nobody ever seems to account for relative population.

It's not even just Republicans.

I heard a piece a few weeks ago where Rachel Maddow on her show was contrasting the death toll between the USA (it was then around 35k) and the Republic of Ireland (then about 500) and saying about how much better they were doing. And the whole time I'm thinking "Wait. Does she not know how small the population of Ireland is?". In reality the death rate was pretty much tied at the time and subsequently the Republic has unfortunately pulled ahead.

As far as I know Ireland is actually being a lot better about its records than a lot of places, including as many deaths as possible, whereas a lot of places have a covid death count and a mysterious extra number of excess deaths over their baseline for that period the previous year that definitely isn't covid related.

Which is another counfounding factor.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

i stride into the forest and begin scraeming at the nature WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE YOU HAVE NONE

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Definitely need to put this on and scroll his timeline :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uKxEoQQiSQ

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ilmucche posted:

I don't know what eternal September is either

When the internet was still just a network of message boards between a bunch of universities, each september with the new intake of students there would be an influx of new users unfamiliar with posting ettiquette, thus making it a rough time for established users.

When AOL (I think) first opened it up to basically anyone, this new user influx never stopped. The internet was flooded with more and more people who had no grounding in the established traditions of the net at that time, to the point they basically entirely usurped the original culture and replaced it with their own. Much to the annoyance of the old guard. Thus every day since then has been the eternal september.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Pretty sure I've seen an unironic "Its gay to like girls because that means you like femininity" take from crazy internet pepes, though i guess it could've been a troll.

Ah circling back round to Roman gender politics I see.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That logic is also why everyone should still follow the imperial roman cult.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Warmachine posted:

I didn't notice this on first pass: why is he holding up beer bottles like binoculars?

Putting things in your mouth is hella gay, man only knows how to drink through his eyeballs.

For just £2 a month you can help men the world over regain the use of their orifices.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is also why I refused to file taxes and spent all my money on guns and will presently be initiating a gunfight with the IRS.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

I see no one has posted this yet...

https://twitter.com/dbbm52/status/1260937247580254210

(@dbbm52 is not the idiot)

There was also a response to that tweet that said "America is basically the only place on earth where its socially acceptable to be a grown-rear end man who openly enjoys vids and pro wrestling. It's utterly mysterious."

I felt like I fell into a wormhole and was transported into a hacky 80s school comedy movie where people are still made fun of for liking video games lol

Gotta say I definitely don't think we should live in a society whereby my desire to meticulously plan out every aspect of an underground bunker for people to live in should be realized. Video games are definitely better at some things than real life.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isn't that a copy paste? The whole "women bleed on the birthing bed" thing is a direct quote from something hbomberguy read on one of his videos about antifeminists.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 04:35 on May 19, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Anticheese posted:

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing like...Wait haven't I read this horrible nonsense before?

Specifically it is from an article by Davis Aurini in 2015 about one of the new star wars movies loving :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62eCT40iLNk&t=239s

From here (weird MRA blog probably :nws:)

(thanks slowbeef for the reading that is now forever burned into my brain lol)

Love too yell at people online by quoting articles written by kane mcskullyman about a movie that came out when I was 11 lol.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 04:43 on May 19, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I heard something go pop in my brain.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's what Big Theology wants you to think.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just imagining a big beardy guy padding around a lake in the ark of the covenant.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean if we're going british media personalities in the latter half of the 20th century there's probably a 50% chance at least.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As noted, it's when pewdiepie, the biggest youtuber, said the gamer word on a live stream.

Which incidentally is my new favourite alternative to "the n-word"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I got in an argument with a girl once about how tipping was better because otherwise the server would do the bare minimum, and how she hated the lazy servers when she went to Europe.

And this woman was an australian living in the US, and a loving server. It blew my mind.

When I lived in France restaurant culture is definitely different but it's less lazy servers and more that the whole eating out experience is more relaxed. It's way better than the US (or Canada to be fair) where the server has to constantly check up on you and the interaction is more like butler-employer than person-person. Like who in the US actually enjoys the server refilling your drink when it's 3/4 full or coming back to see if everything tastes good when you're still chewing your first goddam bite or even waiting for the food to cool? Is this a boomer thing?

Come to think of it's totally a boomer thing. I'm sure there's a boomer out there right now leaving a bad yelp review for the local Pizza Hut because contactless delivery denies them the pleasure of looking that servant in the eye when they draw a line through the "gratuity" box

I'm struggling to imagine what a "lazy server" looks like, like the only thing I need is to say what I want to eat and for you to move it between the kitchen and the table. Or possibly between the vat behind the glass to a plate. Otherwise just be on your phone or something I dunno.

I've only ever once eaten somewhere that had a weird hovering waiter and it was dire. No idea who would want to pay for that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kinda wild how humanity ever made it out of the hunter gatherer phase given how incredibly specific our dietary requirements apparently are. But then I guess back then nutritional supplements roamed wild in the forests and you could just punch one out and eat it right there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Flint_Paper posted:

I'm still not sure of what exactly triggered Glinner's dive into lunacy, but my god that guy needs to sit down in the dark for a bit. Maybe with a cup of tea and a blanket. No phone, though.

It coincided fairly well with him getting a bollock lopped off.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sugar mouse posted:

Welcome to the new normal

REMOVED GENDER

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you specifically want conspiracy theories about the beatles then paul mcartney has been dead for decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jziiOMeChrc&t=48s

Wonderful confluence of parasocial relationships and pareidolia.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 15:38 on May 28, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They have whole schools dedicated to telling cops how they're basically judge dredd. Whatever the cop thinks must be reasonable.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is she perhaps thinking of Black Wall Street which came about partly because of segregation, and also was burned to the ground by angry white people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guilty posted:

can we put craigslist stuff on here?

If you sell the switch then your son has zero reason to stop making GBS threads in the shower, you fool.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Theoretically the kid has other possessions he'd rather the dad didn't sell

Sounds to me like the kid has found his passion in life and the dad is gonna have to sell the shower to stop him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that's one someone presumably sent him. Given that it reads "How can you, a minister of the gospel of jesus christ, be such a deceitful hypocrite? You're not fooling anyone but yourself in your nauseating talk about non violence. You demand a program to overcome poverty and [something I can't read] high living and (sinning?) all (over the globe?) to feed your own egotism."

I'm sure the king center used to have a big online archive of documents but they seem to have taken it down?

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 01:46 on May 30, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jollity Farm posted:

I am reminded of when someone online told people that "I bet you're glad your mother was pro-life". No concept of a pro-choice person choosing to carry a pregnancy to term.

Anyway, it's another "all real women agree with me" thing from the TERFs. The status of "real woman" is becoming a smaller and more exclusive club by the day.

Also there's the much better answer of "lol no I don't I'm a millenial/zoomer"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonna suggest people who buy swords might fantasise about using them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

To deter cops is it most effective to cast magic circle against law or magic circle against evil?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

:golfclap:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which is weird cos if I had two billion dollars I would be quite happy if people were just my friend for money because 1. I have friends and 2. they get money I don't need. Seems like win win.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

Wow bold of Israel to admit Jesus was the son of God.

That's the funniest bit lol.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it's more that they refuse to acknowledge the concept of oppression, they think it's something made up, an affectation. Because libertarians don't believe in material conditions or societal effects. Except the government which is also made up and bad (but real)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1268957240297508864

No lie the posters there warm my heart to no end.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was given to understand that dick energy is not strongly correlated with actual dick size or possession thereof.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Now I'm trying desperately to remember what part of the life of brian i've forgotten.

So the cops knocked over a handyman who was going to fix and respray their bike?

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 04:03 on Jun 6, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you sleep with enough men you eventually gain the ability to fire spirit bombs out your hoo ha.

Or any other orifice, I guess, he doesn't specify.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

So, let's assume that one is a gay trans man, but cannot afford the expensive medical process to transition. If you listen to this bloke, all you have to do is gently caress a lot of other men, and their essence, energy and life force, until you become just like those men. I am understanding him right yes?

I think it actually only works as a kind of force mascing. Doesn't work if you already identify as male.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Click through, you are not ready for where this goes.