Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

sheep-dodger posted:

there's a whole cinematic universe of thin [colour] lines:

pour one out for the brave dispatchers

Are EMTs the negaverse version of cops? Sworn enemies or perhaps two halves of a sacred duality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Knormal posted:

The sun bros, Sol, Bol, Gol, and Mol.

Also obviously this is putting too much thought into it, but why are the ice walls all varied coastline on the inner side and completely flat on the outside?

The rotation of each section is reversed, so the ice walls must be the circumferences of a set of concentric cylinders.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

chitoryu12 posted:

I found that way too fast.

There are at least 3 of them.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Faustian Bargain posted:

The worst is that math post with symbols representing numbers and equations where the last one has order of operations issues. It must be specifically designed to get people to argue and it just keeps popping up with different symbols.

My mother posted one yesterday where the symbols in the final row was slightly changed to incorporate the others (the default symbols were a guy and a pair of shoes, the final row had a guy wearing tiny shoes) which I thought was a nice twist on top of the order of operations schtick.

But yeah those are 100% designed to drive engagement with people smugly commenting with their own answers and corrections so that the page owner builds up a nice list of accounts to sell.

That, or just this:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Fister Roboto posted:

I was under the impression that it was a new term for "nice guys".

It seems to share some DNA with "white knight" in that it only makes sense if you think of relationships as transactions.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

That artist's reply is clearly longer than 20 words.

Thus having been DESTROYED BY LOGIC this guy's chance in a debate is already over.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

ilmucche posted:

I find that story hilarious and the interview clip is great, but for some reason the sky guy presenting the story infuriates me and I don't know why.

Anyone who uploads a video with the title "feminist activist caught..." is probably going to be a massive rear end in a top hat.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I bet that grandma really DOES NO HARM but TAKES NO SH*T

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Len posted:

It's me, I'm the idiot on social media

Why can't they give me like a slider so that I can change my tax money going from the military to things that I support like libraries and schools?

It's because all the tax money will go to bombs isn't it?

At that point you should just cut out the middleman, drop all taxes, and give your dollars to the megacorp or charitable trust who promises to trickle it down to your preferred interests.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

GreenMetalSun posted:

I realize now it was from pages ago, but it's in reference to this:

Is there some other idiocy I'm missing?

I think the idiocy is saying "bookmark this for later" and then deleting the tweet.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Stars! They're just like us!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

there wolf posted:

'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take' is a guide to sexual interaction. There's always a change she'll be in the mood, and when you think about it a simple 'no, thanks' on her part is such a small thing compared to you missing out on the chance to get your dick wet.

Plus it's safe to burn bridges because they'll no longer be seeing each other at work.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

RareAcumen posted:

That's why I wish there was a thread of them, I see one like once every three weeks and then forget about them in two hours so I can't collect them.

Here's a few more to get you started:

Reinventing vending machines!

https://twitter.com/FastCompany/status/907952827858911232

Reinventing phrenology!

https://twitter.com/carolinesinders/status/814809697161134080

Reinventing roommates!

https://twitter.com/sugarsh0t/status/929976876474417153

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Dixville posted:

This ones just disturbing

I've heard of horse girls, but this is ridiculous!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Now that's what I call a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of any coronavirus.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Skwirl posted:

Like, were ancient Egyptians completely calm and rational about the literal biblical plague?

Also that crack about "oh no, not my firstborn puppy" most children have either millenial or younger parents. They know there are still small children out there right, how old do they think the parents of those children are?

Not to mention it's pretty heartless either way? "Millennials are sensitive about the weirdest things! They're so soft that they can't go camping without perfect weather, and they'll wail if you slaughter their pets before their eyes! Haha, cry into your avocado toast!"

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

OwlFancier posted:

Not sure this guy knows much about anything tbh.

THREAD: 1/264. I hope you'll read and share.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Context on this tweet is irrelevant since you can be 100% confident he is the kind of guy to say this in any situation.

https://twitter.com/jasonweyandt/status/1256384118860009474

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

She's not wrong though.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

RoboRodent posted:

Maybe it's just me, but every time some lingual expert describes the mouth and tongue shape required to make a certain word, my own reaction is just a whole lot of question marks. Is that what I'm doing?? Is that what everyone is doing??? But no one ever teaches you how to hold your mouth to make a certain sound, you have to figure it out on your own???? What even is human language???????

It's just as easy as breathing or beating your heart.

....you do know how to beat your heart, right?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

I can't think of a better demonstration of a conspiracy theorist's need to assert control by having special knowledge about the world.

"Literally anything is possible, as long as it's not the official story."

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

there wolf posted:

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has a twitter and it sure is... something.

If someone wants to show me the clues that it's all a fake, my sense of the world as a logical place would appreciate it.

It's very real and it's been operating that way for years. Can't find it right now but I remember an interview with the person who runs it; the thinking is basically "no one is going to read boring poo poo about smoke alarm expiration dates; we can't change the content but we can change the boring".

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's time for women who miscarried early to be taken down a peg.

(edited out tweet)

Hey, gently caress you. :)

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I need a whole book of images like this, entitled Where's Gritty?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

GreenMetalSun posted:

Tag yourself, I'm in line at the 'free weed' booth.

Edit: I love how this just absolutely typical university antics, they're even having a keg party out front, they're just not doing it in the exact way the artist approves of.

The keg party is besieged by a torch-wielding mob. They're the lone heroes in this tableau. Note how they're all white guys plus one person with a darker skin tone to prove they're not racist.

My personal favorite is the woman dropping a bottle into a recycling bin as if it's a crime against humanity, because it's reminiscent of the right-wing radio host in my hometown who preached that Green Nazi environmentalists were going to launch the Fourth Reich starting with blue bins in schools.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

chitoryu12 posted:

Since when was he against white nationalism? That's like, his thing.

Yeah but you can't just come out and say it like that. You need to get elected president first.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Data Graham posted:

"Explain Gamergate in as few words as possible"

Gamers.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

This is why you always have a Session Zero.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
https://twitter.com/sonnylami/status/1261385723116007427

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Henchman of Santa posted:

The person sharing this is a sweet and intelligent person, I have no idea why they're amplifying some loony in their building. For context you can now make some hideous bitmoji-like "avatar" on Facebook.

This person is wild but I have zero confidence that Facebook isn't using those avatars to harvest race and other demographic data that people might not self-identify on their profiles.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

They're posing like they just raided the Sons of the Confederacy compound and did a little seizure of contraband.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Vib Rib posted:

They're exploiting protections they don't even agree with. I guarantee these are the same people who would throw a fuss about disability exemptions in any other setting (one where they don't personally benefit), and think being able to keep the nature of your disability private is wrong. Can't count how many times I've seen fucks like this demand to know why someone driving with a disability placard "deserves it" when they "look fine to me".

That's a feature, not a bug for them. Because in their minds the only way to argue against them is to tear down the useless laws that coddle all the snowflakes with so-called disabilities. CHECKMATE, LIBS!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This isn't exactly IoSM, but remember this guy? He prompted a piece in yet another loving self-important conservative journal and this popped out:

Aha. Ahahaahha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Caring about the welfare and opinions of others is bad, actually.

Now why won't anyone give me the time of day? I demand to be heard!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

goatsestretchgoals posted:

I will die on this hill that is at least 15 but preferably 20 or more.

20% is just easier to tip. You move a decimal point to the left. You do it again. You smash those numbers together. You write it down. You put down the pen and hand over the receipt, sweaty and nervous, hoping you didn't take too long and that no one witnessed your public display of shameful mental math skills.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Cleretic posted:

Okay, I need to recommend that people click through on this one, because there's some gold below the fold here, and it isn't anything like what you expect.

holy poo poo it's not giving them photography or catering services 'for exposure' or even giving them a venue for exposure. They want people to be armed guards for exposure.

They'll get exposure to something, that's for sure.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

MageMage posted:

Our next gamer candidate will win in a landslide.

Once we finally elect an oppressed minority to office, the wounds can begin to heal.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Brawnfire posted:

I don't see how anyone could possibly think it's true, it's so opposite how people operate it's nuts. If it occurred to me that some type of relationship didn't exist, I'd just assume I hadn't met them or didn't notice them, not that they're the blind spot that proves trans nefariousness

It’s pure invention and imagination in the same vein of “you ever notice how in lesbian/gay relationships, one person always acts like a woman and one acts like a man?” They have no experience so they make up something that sounds consistent with their existing bigotry.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Fister Roboto posted:

Why would you even need urinals? Literally everyone can pee sitting down.

You can more efficiently pack people in if they're standing next to each other rather than sitting. And people are generally more okay lining up at a shared trough to pee than at adjacent, unseparated seats.

The real question is why people bother standing up to pee at toilets designed for sitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
^^^ how about we just cut a big hole in the floor and everyone can choose how they want to engage with it

BioEnchanted posted:

There was actually a transman she was speaking to who passed so she thought he was cis. So she was completely floored when he was like "Actually I would find that to be quite useful for my periods, so yeah, that would be great!" It seemed he was intentionally waiting for the funniest time to clue her in too, he was having fun with her.

And we only know about this because she released the footage, right? It’s not like there was a separate camera crew recording her getting completely dunked on. She opted to include that material in the final cut because she thought it made her look good.