Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

Huh, wouldn't have expected that to disappear. Here, I rescued the image from cache:

The sun bros, Sol, Bol, Gol, and Mol.

Also obviously this is putting too much thought into it, but why are the ice walls all varied coastline on the inner side and completely flat on the outside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

5G is a little problematic because it can interfere with weather radar, but it looks like they reached a compromise to make that less of an issue. Originally a lot of the 5G conspiracies were about that connecting it to the usual weather control/HAARP insanity, but it seems like they've all fallen back to the default "EM bad".

Skwirl posted:

Why is the one guy blaming Sony? Do they think Sony pressured Capcom into making the change or do they just not understand Sony didn't make the game?

Also I just sort of assumed there would be at least one thirsty rear end alternate costume, but I haven't played any games since 5, did Capcom stop doing that?
I like the guy blaming California, which clearly gets final say on all Resident Evil costuming decisions.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Necrothatcher posted:

Why would you buy a pot you cannot wash? Do you just let bits of food rot in it? Is this an American thing?
The water will cause the iron to rust, so you're supposed to wipe them down with just pure bleach then let it evaporate away. Kills all the germs!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"Pedophile" has Greek roots, but -vore is a Latin root, so with the corresponding Latin root for ped- a pedovore should be a foot eater.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

vyelkin posted:

Apparently Jordan Peterson's daughter left her family to be with that guy lol
Speaking of, is he still in his vegetable-induced coma or whatever? Anyone able to tolerate his postcast long enough to find out?

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1244758747437846529

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1251255782408060930

"The Pantaleo Effect", as in people are now justifiably afraid that the NYPD will strangle them to death.
I know which uniform in that video I support!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3raKrkl3D4

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It seems like when it started this thread was a lot more aunts posting Minion memes and old mistaking Google's Facebook page for the search engine. Now it's probably 80% politics, which is a sign of the times because everything sucks right now, so that's a natural evolution. But when someone posts a "kill all men | cis | landlords | cops via guillotine" response to those, it's just white noise posting at this point. If you're worried a reply is going to be "CSPAMy", maybe just don't post at all? Not everyone has to respond to everything.

That said, I think this iteration of the thread has been doing pretty good with no big multi-page derails, so maybe everyone just keep doing what you're doing?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Nature 🏞 is returning 🏃‍♂️from the wilds 🐯I looked 👀 out of my window 🏡and I saw monkeys 🙉 swinging from the trees 🌳 . I got mad 🤬 as I was trying to sleep 🛌💤 but they woke me up 😡😡 so I pulled out my glock 🔫 and screamed "Monkeys! You finna get shot!" My glock went bang bang bang 💥💥💥! They fell🍃. The pickup crew 🚚 came and disposed of them 🚮🗑. I was very happy 😁😁. Then instead of sleeping I made out 😘 with my SEXY Ford Fiesta 2013 Hot Wheels Diecast 🏎🚗. The sesh was lit fam 🔥. I heard a huge explosion 💥💣. They dropped💧 a nuclear missile ☢🚀 into the city to kill the giant gorilla who formed from the rotting dead monkey carcasses 🧟‍♂️🐵. The buildings 🏢🏣🏛🏦 flew into the sky 🕊🌌. As they approached 🚶‍♂️my house 🏠 i knew it was the end 🔚. I grabbed my SEXY Ford Fiesta 2013 Hot Wheels Diecast 🏎🚗 and brace for impact ☄. Skidaddle, Skidoodle my SEXY cars and I are now hot flesh and metal noodles 🍜😂😆😉
Especially Rhino.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

OP is a goon, and I am pretty sure that they read this thread, so, sorry friend for the startle at scrolling through IoSM and seeing something from your very own facebook page :lol:

"my custom bobble head" was just too much.
I wish I had piers, my boats keep floating away, keeping me from happiness :(

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Later in the game you learn there's more behind Barrett's anger towards Shinra Corp. beyond environmental concerns and why he will stop at nothing to make them pay for their injustices.

Ugh sorry here have some content
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/1253400727357132802

:chloe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

Imagining this person getting extremely mad at Chicago sports radio

https://twitter.com/l4nzhan/status/1253536625415446534?s=21
just a reminder ‼️ using "the" instead of "Þe" or using th as a substitute for Þ in any situation is Romance, so if you're not a speaker of the subgroup of the Italic languages in the Indo-European language family you should NOT be using it !!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nice man towel rack he's got there.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Picnic Princess posted:

When you see people question why healthy people need to be quarantined, tell them about Typhoid Mary. She killed a lot of people over years without ever showing any symptoms.
For anyone who hasn't heard the story beyond just her name, Typhoid Mary's a really good analog to the modern anti-quarantine protesters. Even after she was identified as the carrier and informed what she was doing she wouldn't stay in. She just really loved spreading typhoid.

Wikipedia posted:

While quarantined, she was forced to give stool and urine samples, which indicated massive amounts of typhoid bacteria in her gallbladder. Authorities suggested removing her gallbladder, but she refused as she did not believe she carried the disease. She was also unwilling to cease working as a cook.[15] However, [8] Mallon attracted so much media attention that she was called "Typhoid Mary" in a 1908 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association. Later, in a textbook that defined typhoid fever, she again was called "Typhoid Mary."[16]

Eventually, Eugene H. Porter, the New York State Commissioner of Health, decided that disease carriers should no longer be kept in isolation and that Mallon could be freed if she agreed to stop working as a cook and take reasonable steps to prevent transmitting typhoid to others. On February 19, 1910, Mallon agreed that she was "prepared to change her occupation (that of a cook), and would give assurance by affidavit that she would upon her release take such hygienic precautions as would protect those with whom she came in contact, from infection." She was released from quarantine and returned to the mainland.[17]
Release and second quarantine (1915–1938)

Upon her release, Mallon was given a job as a laundress, which paid less than cooking. After several unsuccessful years of working as a laundress, she changed her name to Mary Brown and took jobs as a cook against the explicit instructions of health authorities. For the next five years, she worked in a number of kitchens; wherever she worked, there were outbreaks of typhoid. However, she changed jobs frequently, and Soper was unable to find her.[8]

In 1915, Mallon started another major outbreak, this time at Sloane Hospital for Women in New York City. Twenty-five people were infected, and two died. She again left, but the police were able to find and arrest her when she took food to a friend on Long Island.[8][17] After arresting her, public health authorities returned her to quarantine on North Brother Island on March 27, 1915. She was still unwilling to have her gallbladder removed.[17]

Mallon remained in quarantine for the remainder of her life, a period of just over 23 years. She became a minor celebrity and occasionally was interviewed by the media. They were told not to accept even water from her.[8] Later, she was allowed to work as a technician in the island's laboratory, washing bottles.[10]

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Cuisine, Notch, pop music artists that are neo-Nazis.

Checks out.
Counterpoint: Ikea, meatballs, Ikea meatballs

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He namedrops Grimes like the Betty Boop Is My Wife guy.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

oldpainless posted:

Do y’all know the name of Lovecrafts cat?
Was it H.P. Lovecat?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nastyman posted:

Same language, just older. Æ is the modern scandinavian version of ᚫ

Sorry, but the Latin origin has a cooler history. I think you'll find it's actually the modern version of cow-head yelling-man. :smug:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MizPiz posted:

Most people support m4a regardless of their cultural views
Yeah, but try telling that to the Ogg Vorbis people.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Or hold your breath.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Some car nerd tell me what model of Toyota dashboard that is where this dude feels confident making fun of a Subaru, because it looks loving ancient.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You keep this up and I really will have to change my name. :smith:
Don't be absurd.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dixville posted:

This is my mom. I don't think she's an idiot but i found it funny she said "okay boomer" separate from the meme. I doubt she is aware of the meme version.
Edit also BOMMERS
The other day my mom texted me "R U up?" in the middle of the night. It was horrifying.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Len posted:

Are you me at 6am on a Saturday?
No, but maybe we should exchange our moms' numbers :wiggle:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Andy Samberg confirmed longtime goon.
Hey I could be Justin Timberlake.

No, no I couldn't :(

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

wizzardstaff posted:

The real question is why people bother standing up to pee at toilets designed for sitting.
I'm not sitting on a public toilet unless I have to.

its all nice on rice posted:

You can install more urinals in a smaller space than standard toilets, and they (probably) use less water.
I'm not sure how widespread they, are but here in the constantly-in-a-drought-and-on-fire American West a lot of places have completely waterless urinals now. They have some kind of blue liquid in a canister in the drain at the bottom that is apparently lighter than pee so the pee flows under it is safely isolated in the pipes so there's no gross smell.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Pththya-lyi posted:

I read years ago that also happened with Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd, the actors who played Merry and Pippin in The Lord of the Rings movies. I remember one of them saying in an interview that he had fans giving him slash fanart and telling him stuff like "It's okay, you don't have to keep your love a secret anymore, we know." People really seem to 1) read a lot of romantic subtext into stuff where it may or may not exist and 2) assume that actors who play romantic roles aren't really acting.
That did give us this moment though.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

IOSM-adjacent: A $350 “anti-5G” device is just a 128MB USB stick, teardown finds

quote:

The product's website charges £283 for a single 5GBioShield, which converts to nearly $350. That's what it costs to get "protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF emitting device."

"The 5GBioShield makes it possible, thanks to a uniquely applied process of quantum nano-layer technology, to balance the imbalanced electric oscillations arising from all electric fog induced by all devices such as: laptops, cordless phones, wlan, tablets, etc.," the company says, adding that the USB stick "brings balance into the field at the atomic and cellular level restoring balanced effects to all harmful (ionized and non-ionized) radiation."

The USB stick apparently doesn't need to be plugged in to anything to work its magic. "It is always ON and working—that's why we used quantum nano-layer technology," the company says in an FAQ.

But the device allegedly produces a wider field of protection when it is plugged in. To answer the question of whether the stick needs to be "charged regularly," the FAQ says, "No—the input charge only expands the field effect from 4m radius to 20m + radius when plugged into an USB wall charger or a computer."

Honestly I'm impressed they were still able to find 128MB USB sticks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

jjack229 posted:

Sell this Switch so they know you are serious. Then buy them a new one so they have something to lose. This is pretty straightforward.
Sell the Switch, buy them a WiiU.

Inceltown posted:

Ending poverty to feed your ego is still way better than keeping people in poverty to feed your ego.
Or your tiger.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

cage-free egghead posted:

Nope, this is just a lady who was stationed in San Diego and retired in 2017. No affiliation to the event that is mentioned. Quit sharing this poo poo.
Thank you, Young soldier(Lady)!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Len posted:

Do I want to know what Twitmo is?
I love that they apparently unironically chose a banner image of Trump surrounded by despondent children, aside from one who appears to be brainwashed or in shock or something and is even more disturbing than the sad kids.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yikes.

I saw an exhibit at a science museum once that showed a series of pictures and tracked your pupils to show what area of the photo you were looking at, to demonstrate things like how our eyes are drawn to faces. One of the photos was of a toddler on a swing, but the photo was taken at an angle so you could see up her skirt to her underwear, or maybe diaper, it was a very young kid. The rest of her clothes were pretty dark, so your eye naturally went to the bright white patch and made you look like a horrible pervert. I like to think someone put that photo in there just for that purpose.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Stop pooping on the rabbit.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

Ice-T is the only ice-related rapper we need.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jesus they don't even do the most basic of research.

I prefer the "a cuteness" translation.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

GreenMetalSun posted:

On the subject of people who know nothing about the human body:

This is why I'm always careful to stuff all the semen back in afterwards.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Softface posted:

Not satisfied with posting Black Hebrew Israelite stuff, Ice Cube is now moving toward the Time Cube

https://twitter.com/icecube/status/1272152663430320131

Boy the evil international cabal wasn't all that secretive with the Saturn car company, huh? Maybe that was like an intern's first op or something.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Does any of the AC games have a mode that removes all the stupid modern-day stuff so you can focus on being an assassin in 19th Century London or Ancient Greece or whatever?
Origins and Odyssey have a "tour mode" where you can just wander around the ancient world and read things about the ancient monuments and whatnot. But I don't think you can go around stabbing people in that mode.

Skwirl posted:

I don't think any of them excise it completely, but they became smaller and smaller parts of the game as the series went on. Like I think in Odyssey (the most recent) you don't actually play any of the modern parts, just see cutscenes very sporadically. Which is good, but does kinda make the modern parts even more jarring, especially if you do a lot of side content so you can go 20-30 hours just wandering ancient greece and then suddenly you get dragged into the modern metaplot because you did something from the main story. But again, it's just a couple minutes at a time at most.
You do play the modern parts in Odyssey, but yeah there's maybe 10-20 minutes total of that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

sugar mouse posted:

Now we know.

If flouride prevents me from seeing things like that everywhere I think I'm okay with it.

Also I'm not an expert but I don't think that's a sasquatch.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Odd how these imaginary black people are so important that the country literally cannot function without them, but real black people going to school in buildings with no plumbing and being murdered by the police are a whole bunch of nothing.
Well the real black people aren't providing them pancakes and pancake toppings.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

there wolf posted:

The cop looks like he's holding a ketch, one of those sticks with a loop on the end so you can collar an animal without getting near it. So hopefully they just guided it outside or took it to a wildlife rehab or something.
You don't expect them to shoot the opossum right there in the garage and damage the guy's drywall, do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Where I'm from we call em "cold on the cob"
Hard juice.