Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I feel the need to buy a hammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWl7kQZHZE0

edit: 243 hammers I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
yeah ok

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1255891496454238216?s=20

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1255891577026854912

I know she's in a giddy rush of livetweeting as he's talking but jesus loving christ the crass phrasing of this

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Boris looks haunted, like he's seen the other side and it's not good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

alan sugar has gone full boomer and is sharing conspiracy theories on twitter about coronavirus

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The DPRK posted:

Maybe he did die and they used the same process they used on tebbit and phillip to bring him back to life.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Whoever said the other day they'd just bullshit at the last minute, and say the tests were done:
https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1255890992001056770
That's pretty much what they seem to be doing.

Also, the plan looking a lot like "poo poo ECONOMY NUMBER NEEDS TO GO UP!...oh and pretty bad all those people died, but more importantly ECONOMY"

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

The DPRK posted:

That's what happens to public schoolboys if they have to step over the threshold of an NHS hospital

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
'We mourn for the lives lost and we mourn for the economic damage as well'

Jesus

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I'm pretty sure we're going to see a whole load of governments cycling between being locked down, deciding they're bored pretending to care about people and actually they only care about number, and opening up, then remembering that the reason they were locked down in the first place is that the number got scared by all the people dying/staying home and went down anyway

repeat every two months or so

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Got to love how he answers a question about suicide by jamming in slogans and then a casual "happy with the answer?" to Whittay. Callous piece of poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

would have been a whole lot less economic damage had the government sorted out the furlough money properly and early

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Maybe he did die and they used the same process they used on tebbit and phillip to bring him back to life.
"Come forth, Bojo!" called
the Savior, and from the black grave
the corpse rose among the shroud,
he tried walking, with tremulous steps,
smelled, felt, looked, felt, screamed
and wept with joy.

Four moons later, in the shadows
of the dark twilight, in the silence
of the place and the time, between the graves
of the old cemetery,
Bojo was, sobbing alone
and envying the dead.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The DPRK posted:

'We mourn for the lives lost and we mourn for the economic damage as well'

Jesus

A minute's silence please, for the GDP.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

lol I work in local government and today we were told we're not even aiming to start a phased comeback to the office until December. This bollocks is going to do exactly what they said they didn't want to do - ease the lockdown and have a second wave of murderdeathdie.

And the press lap it up, and I continue to scream internally and drink to dull the pain of reality.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jose posted:

would have been a whole lot less economic damage had the government sorted out the furlough money properly and early

or not just gone "well it might happen in China/Iran/Italy/Spain, but it could never happen like that here" for several weeks after it had obviously started happening here

or not listened to their horseshit behavioural scientists' musings about people getting bored with lockdowns

or done any actual planning for having to lock down the country

or

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

XMNN posted:

I'm pretty sure we're going to see a whole load of governments cycling between being locked down, deciding they're bored pretending to care about people and actually they only care about number, and opening up, then remembering that the reason they were locked down in the first place is that the number got scared by all the people dying/staying home and went down anyway

repeat every two months or so

It's amazing that any old dipshit like me can look at the situation and say 'yes, this will be a bloodbath' and it's still going to happen anyway

I'm shocked and amazed by how dumb people are being. My absolute best friends - best friends no longer - who were pretty much the only people I felt I could talk to about the world honestly - hit me over the weekend with 'it's crueller to lock people down - I'd rather my elderly father enjoy the time he has than spend it in isolation', and that the lockdown was basically a means for the government to extend control over the population, and that there are far, far worse things in the future and in the world than 600,000-1,000,000 people dying in these benighted isles, and the lives saved aren't worth the cost in unhappiness and liberty

I haven't spoken to them since and probably won't again. Spent the whole week wondering if I'm a liberal or if they're just flat out turning fundamentalist. Spent the whole day in bed today.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unless they're planning on making it elective for anyone who doesn't want to die to stay home with full support, what they're actually saying is that other people should die because my dad has a death wish.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Unless they're planning on making it elective for anyone who doesn't want to die to stay home with full support, what they're actually saying is that other people should die because my dad has a death wish.

oh her dad's got dementia, he has no idea what's going on

but it was a confused and confusing conversation and mostly I was just made to feel bad 'cause I said that I'm trying to concentrate on keeping my friends and family alive, since the world is hosed and the country wants to commit suicide

they're essentially climate change over everything, so they were chiding me for getting bogged down in this silly covid business, which is really just a blip on the radar compared to the coming holocausts

which, yes, it is, but you can care about two things at once goddammit. It just pisses me off that they clearly think I'm some sort of liberal dupe. I always suspected I was eventually going to be not-left-enough for them, I just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Barry Foster posted:

This could be the key here.
When my Gran had it, most of us could only stand a few minutes with her due to her wild moods. Got hit a few times with a crutch because I was someone else she had a beef with.
We could escape off for a walk, but nowadays I wouldn't think I could stand cooped up most of the day for months.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The economy has been kidnapped by covids.

Are you a left enough dude to murder your grandma?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

but it was a confused and confusing conversation and mostly I was just made to feel bad 'cause I said that I'm trying to concentrate on keeping my friends and family alive, since the world is hosed and the country wants to commit suicide

they're essentially climate change over everything, so they were chiding me for getting bogged down in this silly covid business, which is really just a blip on the radar compared to the coming holocausts

which, yes, it is, but you can care about two things at once goddammit. It just pisses me off that they clearly think I'm some sort of liberal dupe. I always suspected I was eventually going to be not-left-enough for them, I just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon

If they're climate change over everything and want to lift the restrictions then I have some bad news for them about the effects of the lockdown on global warming (it's helping)

Like that position is really "we have to kill a million people now so that we can kill more millions later on"

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

happyhippy posted:

This could be the key here.
When my Gran had it, most of us could only stand a few minutes with her due to her wild moods. Got hit a few times with a crutch because I was someone else she had a beef with.
We could escape off for a walk, but nowadays I wouldn't think I could stand cooped up most of the day for months.

oh they don't live in the same house, across the country from each other. And her dad's a sweetheart, he's gone childlike instead of unpredictable/mean

Anyway, I'm sorry to once again poo poo up the thread. I'm just really, really fraying at the moment. I don't see any end to the misery engulfing the world but I thought I could at least weather it with a handful of like-minded friends, but lol it seems they've gone full blackpill and tbh this last week I've honestly started to lose the will to live

(which, I will stress, is nothing new to me and not particularly cause for concern)

VVV cheers bud. Deep down I know I'm in the right, I'm just conditioned to assume I'm not mostly and really I suppose I'm kinda grieving as well

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 30, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

FWIW I think your friends are just post-hoc rationalizing their own preferences and you're entirely in the right.

Also you're not making GBS threads up the thread.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Barry Foster posted:

oh they don't live in the same house, across the country from each other. And her dad's a sweetheart, he's gone childlike instead of unpredictable/mean

Anyway, I'm sorry to once again poo poo up the thread. I'm just really, really fraying at the moment. I don't see any end to the misery engulfing the world but I thought I could at least weather it with a handful of like-minded friends, but lol it seems they've gone full blackpill and tbh this last week I've honestly started to lose the will to live

(which, I will stress, is nothing new to me and not particularly cause for concern)

I have good days and bad days. I think today is 49 days deep, I think the initial adjustment and novelty is wearing off now and people are having to grapple with stuff - I think the lockdown is amplifying any underlying thing massively.

Hope you're alright anyway, the loneliness is poo poo. Better to use this thread for that than talking about various snacks (but that's fine too)

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
People that get too into climate change and sit round just endlessly convincing themselves that things are gonna be so hosed end up in bad places mentally. Happened to me. Once you figure things are bad, stop reading and do stuff imo, even if it's pointless

On that note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HSCdbjleoI

https://i.imgur.com/eMYtziW.gifv

Rain is good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

God yes it hasn't rained here for weeks and we really could do with it. Got the window open and the cool rain smell is very nice.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rain here is cold and half-assed. More damp than refreshing.

zhar
May 3, 2019

I know it's from the US but this is a cool poster

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Rain here is cold and half-assed. More damp than refreshing.

I don't care if it's sideways-on sleet, you will get out there and clap

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

🚨🚨🚨 ALERT 🚨🚨🚨

I will be reporting any posts made between 8:00 and 8:20 this evening. This is minimal clapping time, please use pots, horns and fireworks.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Time for tubby clap-clap!!! :holy:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

First time I didn't do it. Doesn't feel right anymore. Feels like war christmas now

EDIT not that I'm going to tell literally anyone outside of this thread for fear of becoming a pariah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If they're climate change over everything and want to lift the restrictions then I have some bad news for them about the effects of the lockdown on global warming (it's helping)

Like that position is really "we have to kill a million people now so that we can kill more millions later on"

yeah covid lockdowns has been the single biggest impact on climate change lol

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Went outside, clapped for a minute, felt awkward, came back in. As expected really.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Much quieter this week, no idea if it's because of Panorama or everyone's hatred of Old Tommy but the clapping tide is turning.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Barry Foster posted:

First time I didn't do it. Doesn't feel right anymore. Feels like war christmas now

EDIT not that I'm going to tell literally anyone outside of this thread for fear of becoming a pariah

Stay exactly where you are. An extraction team will be there in 5 mins to lift you and then drop to your death in a field of poppies

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

HJB posted:

Much quieter this week, no idea if it's because of Panorama or everyone's hatred of Old Tommy but the clapping tide is turning.

The opposite here at least

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose posted:

yeah covid lockdowns has been the single biggest impact on climate change lol

I forgot to say this at the time and really wish I did, along with 'you're literally arguing on the same side as Elon Musk, Tim Martin, and capitalists across the globe' and 'the tories were forced into the lockdown by the people, not vice versa'

L'esprit de l'escalier and that

Failed Imagineer posted:

Stay exactly where you are. An extraction team will be there in 5 mins to lift you and then drop to your death in a field of poppies

fuckin' sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Quieter here this week too. Probably the rain though.
Last week was like a two minute cray-cray, like it's no longer about the NHS so much as making a loving racket for a while to let off steam. Next door had a toy horn, the one down had tambourines. Across the court someone was beating the gently caress out of a tin watering can.