Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks to my compromised immune system, I've got to experience what it's like to be a boomer in the last 2 weeks since my interests are lumped in with there's. It's intoxicating.

I get to sit at home all day, whinging about insignificant things, whilst society moves heaven and earth to keep me safe, alive, happy, and well fed (not saying it's perfect but consider what the death toll might be for this if we did nothing vs. say food poverty/austerity among constituents the government doesn't value).

It's totally by accident, but it's nice to feel like a 'valued member of society' for a change.

This post was sponsored by 21 Days Of Self-Isolation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

April eighth is looking like an extremely good day at this rate.

April 8th is my birthday, also the day Kurt Cobain and Margaret Thatcher died.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

stev posted:

Why do I have to live in a world where I'm on the same side of an argument as Piers loving Morgan.

We're going to see a lot more of this from Piers Morgan now, I suspect.

With Corbyn gone and a Blairite at the helm, he'll go full attack dog against the tories now, fighting for soft centrism when we need it the least, as we edge closer and closer to the end of humanity.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

kingturnip posted:

The thing about all of this for me is that this should have been such an easy 'win' for the Govt, from a political perspective.
It's a global health crisis, so all they had to do was pull out all the stops to fight it.
They've got a media that fellates them, so although there would probably be a number of deaths - and a massive amount of inconvenience - there wouldn't be much backlash.
Plus - bonus for the Tories - the following economic crash would make it easy to just slash and burn public services afterwards, while still making them look strong on the NHS.

And yet, they're just so mind-bogglingly incompetent that they've hosed it up at every step.

I've been saying this for ages, but the tories are not even good at being the tories.

Like if you read between the lines about their political aims, they are loving awful at achieving them considering what an advantage they have.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Boris looks haunted, like he's seen the other side and it's not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
'We mourn for the lives lost and we mourn for the economic damage as well'

Jesus