Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I posted on the old thread at the exact moment you killed it so my words of wisdom have disappeared into the ether. Boo hoo.

Anyone else feel like they wasted most of March? I'm determined from tomorrow morning to try and get back on track with life and stop obsessively watching sky news, online newspapers, twitter (a really bad habit I have fallen into this last month).

Lockdown doesn't make too much difference to my life except I can't help noticing that Waitrose now has lots of empty icecream freezers - only the very expensive stuff left - and the chocolate shelves are looking very skimpy except for the easter eggs.

I got a lot done in march. I'm mostly a homebody and most of my free time is spent in my garage or around the yard. Even my job keeps on going as usual. In april I hope to fell some trees, which I will then debark and dry, they will become the new roof beams for a 5x5m shed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

If only there was a way to produce the tests locally.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Azza Bamboo posted:

You're a coward for not showing the Cells at Work anime versions.

I prefer the french 1980s version.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Keir Kier whatever can expect the same as Corbyn got IMO, it's only fair.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

How can these massive cunts expect anything in return? Aside from possibly a kick in the nuts?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

forkboy84 posted:

Dropped a paving slab on my big toe and currently hoping it doesn't turn purple. I will be irked if I got until 35 before breaking a bone & did it in the most boneheaded way

Well take it as an excuse to buy steel toed boots.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

If there is one gadget for the kitchen that looks fiddly and pointless it must be the apple-lathe. But when you got kids who like themselves some apples but not the peel, they are incredibly handy. Ours have peeled hundreds of apples by now.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Dell_Zincht posted:

You can never fully clean a sieve, I just buy a new one most of the time. They're like what, 79p in Tesco?

What, my parents have got one sieve from the 1970s still and mine is easily over a decade now.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Haven't flown since 2013, no plans to either. It suits me though, a homebody.

My fiance signed us up for a local program where they deliver expired food from stores to people. Ever week we get a bag of carious groceries. I dunno if you got those but it's really handy and I recommend signing up. At first I wondered if we were really the kind of people who needed aid programs, and are we taking from the people who need them more? But I swallowed my pride and they said there was plenty to go around for everyone so far and hey free food, usually of the kind we usually don't try out. Weird cheeses, local artisan bread I'd usually not bother with, one time a big flank steak of beef.

Got some beef wienerschnitzel steaks this week for instance. Goes well with the cheapest Lidl beer.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Lt. Danger posted:

mum had every right to move to Spain but she can't compel other people to travel there as well. if anything you lot sound like you're having a tantrum

Yeah I'm seeing a couple people projecting hard here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

franco posted:

Oh I know, it just seemed to be getting particularly vicious/extended.

Discussing flying always make some people react really intensely and go straight for the personal attacks. It's a very personal thing and I guess it feels like a personal attack on their lifestyles.