Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I've been off work for a few weeks so I've just started working through the backlog of emails and it's pretty interesting watching the crisis evolve in slow motion through them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Bardeh posted:

It's stupid, because the fruit picking is piece work so if magically all the construction sites suddenly open and I can do my regular job again I can just stop the fruit picking and go back to work whenever.

Yes he's a control freak so he's taking this entire situation extremely badly and I really feel sorry for his wife tbh

E: ^^^^ why the HECK didn't you rub that tummy you monster

is there any chance he'd find out?

the only restrictions on working on the government's advice page (which is for employers, but I can't see one for employees) seem to be specifically on work that makes money for the company that furloughed you

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Nurge posted:

"It's totally ok that the genocidal authoritarian racist regime lied about the numbers because you see we're not doing so good, mostly because they lied. Wait what am I saying doo doo pee pee."

lol

yeah, we would definitely have taken it seriously if they'd just said in December there was a horrible new respiratory virus going round, because the moment that came out in January we leapt into action

oh

well we would definitely have started taking it seriously if they'd done something serious like shut down their economy and forcibly quarantine millions of people

oh

at least we would have done something straightaway if it had got really awful somewhere you could trust the numbers, maybe a rich, white country in our immediate neighbourhood, that at least would have given us some warning it was about to get really bad here too

oh......

the government didn't act when it had plenty of warning, giving it a few weeks extra to ignore SARS mk2 would have made no difference because they didn't do anything even when it was clear it wasn't some exotic flu that's going to fizzle out in Asia.

I'm not sure what numbers the Chinese are supposed to have lied about (maybe the millions of dead people who cancelled their phone contracts?), but according to the figures they put out it killed plenty of people and their mortality rate was very bad so even if they have been downplaying it somehow, then we should still have acted sooner.

the Chinese government is bad, the numbers are probably slightly wrong (as all the other countries are), but our government's lack of action is entirely on them. Pretending that it's actually the fault of the deceitful Chinese is both absolving them of that responsibility and insulting everyone's intelligence because it's plainly the opposite of what actually happened.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
really hoping rlb doesn't lose by 1 vote, i forgot to cast mine :thumbsup:

e: 18 is another number of votes that I hope she doesn't lose by

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1246458275689902081?s=20

lol zoom

anyway I've been on Twitter and all the wrong people are very pleased about starmer

I'll give it a couple of months to see how things pan out but if he's poo poo then I'm not going to be wasting my money or time on labour for the foreseeable future

e.g.
https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1246460714367291399?s=20

https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/status/1246518543279165446?s=20

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1246501892202659841?s=20

https://twitter.com/williamnhutton/status/1246531990846951424?s=20

basically I haven't seen anyone who's pleased who's not a oval office, which is not a great sign imho

XMNN fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 4, 2020

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
more bad people being unduly pleased

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1246427737176322048?s=20

https://twitter.com/BoardofDeputies/status/1246563215166836737?s=20

https://twitter.com/RuthSmeeth/status/1246471357656961025?s=20

https://twitter.com/InstituteGC/status/1246378746791309313?s=20

https://twitter.com/Tony_Robinson/status/1246415930927833089?s=20

https://twitter.com/lukeakehurst/status/1246391543633793029?s=20

I'm just highly sceptical of anything that these people are so pleased by

I would be very happy to be wrong though

should probably go to bed before I end up quitting tonight lol

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

jabby posted:

Right now everyone is crowing about Corbyn being gone. It doesn't necessarily mean Starmer will dance to their tune.

My opinion, the Left called for unity when Corbyn was elected and we didn't get it. We faced down a bunch of undemocratic attempts to remove him. But Starmer won fair and square under the same one-man-one-vote system, so if I expected people to give Corbyn a chance who didn't necessarily share his politics I'm certainly going to give Starmer the same courtesy. Fingers crossed he continues to push for unity, ideally around a platform very similar to the one advanced by Corbyn.

If he fucks it, he fucks it. But there's no sense despairing just yet.
eh the only people whose loyalty I was concerned about were MPs, random celebrities quitting the party didn't really bother me and I wouldn't really expect anyone to stay in a party that they've got no faith in

I'll absolutely give him a chance, if labour keeps the same policy direction then that's fantastic, but if we're back to being a fully melt party then I'm not wasting my time

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jollity Farm posted:

I don't expect it'd be "good" if Johnson died, since there's plenty of utter dipshits in the parliamentary Conservative party who will do their best to be just as rubbish as Johnson in tribute. But it would be interesting. Someone must start a "he faked his own death" rumour if he dies, that'll provide online amusement for years.

idk, if he ends up a martyr to it then hopefully that will make it more difficult for the people trying to end the lockdown before we've got this properly under control to get what they want

although if he ends up surviving a really bad case of it, that would probably have the same effect

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
wonder if the BBC will write an article about whether it really matters that he died because he might have died of something else at some point anyway

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Sonderval posted:

Wow, I know this thread has its tongue firmly up labours arse and will dog-pile death threats on anyone that supports anyone else but wishing the PM dead in the middle of a pandemic is loving pathetic.

I'm not actively wishing him dead but it's his decisions that got us all here and they might also end up killing people I care about, so if he does die I won't give a single gently caress

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/montie/status/1246899218905796608?s=20

no

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
will be interesting finding out Boris is dead from a Laura kuenssburg tweet citing an unnamed downing street source who says the pm is in a serious but stable condition

or do they have to actually do an announcement for that one rather than just leak it to the press?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
saw a police van driving out of the park yesterday, I assume they'd been in there trying to make sure no one thinks about sitting down at any point

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
bojo definitely not dead and actually completely fine and normal, nothing to see here, move along

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson in 'good spirits' in hospital posted:

Boris Johnson says he is in "good spirits" after spending the night in hospital with coronavirus.

The PM was taken to St Thomas' Hospital in London on Sunday evening with "persistent symptoms" - including a temperature and a cough - for routine tests.

He remains in charge of government, although Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab chaired Monday's coronavirus meeting.

Mr Johnson, 55, tested positive for coronavirus 10 days ago.

In a tweet, he said he was "keeping in touch with my team as we work together to fight this virus and keep everyone safe".

He also thanked the "brilliant NHS staff" taking care of him and other patients, adding: "You are the best of Britain".

The prime minister's official spokesman said he remained in hospital "under observation", and described Russian reports that Mr Johnson had been placed on a ventilator as "disinformation".

He is continuing to receive updates and briefings in hospital, the spokesman added.

Last month, the prime minister's spokesman said if Mr Johnson was unwell and unable to work, Mr Raab, as the first secretary of state, would stand in.

e: I'm sure they would definitely tell us if he was dying

saw this guy in the response to the tweets and he's so Tory boy it hurts

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1247137221167153153?s=20

E2: Johnson is definitely a Tory boy, but this is the one I meant

https://twitter.com/JamesLYucel/status/1247138334713032706?s=20

XMNN fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 6, 2020

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
presumably they're keeping Boris in for a second night if they've not announced he has been discharged yet?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I'm assuming the plan is to dig them up again wherever they bury them, so it might just be that it's more efficient to move them to somewhere central than shipping them to some fields?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1247197373320671232?s=20

lol this reads like some dictator who is definitely not being couped right now

also those tests seem to be taking a while? I hope Boris is ok

lol

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I will literally never stop laughing if trump manages to get Boris pumped full of that malaria drug

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
he looks like he's about to be beamed up to the mothership

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol the cartoonist is having a bit of a meltdown on twitter

https://twitter.com/Adamstoon1/status/1247567364826202114?s=20

https://twitter.com/Adamstoon1/status/1247566434454122500?s=20

https://twitter.com/Adamstoon1/status/1247565227006267393?s=20

https://twitter.com/Adamstoon1/status/1247564902685949957?s=20

and my favourite

https://twitter.com/Adamstoon1/status/1247558328852643842?s=20

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

jabby posted:

They are quite clearly watering down their advice in response to our pathetic stocks of PPE.

And you know, if they told me I have to go see my patients in a bin bag because there's nothing else then I'll put on my bin bag and see some patients.

Just don't tell me that they've reviewed the evidence and decided a bin bag is absolutely the safest thing for me to wear and the government is doing a fantastic job protecting me. Because I won't loving believe it.

how busy is everything at the moment?

my friend's hospital is apparently still quieter than usual (presumably people aren't attending a+e unless they really have to) but he's in northern Ireland which seems to be a bit behind in terms of cases

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

HJB posted:

By the end of the week, they will be hitting the 9/11 death toll daily. It's staggering.

we'll be approaching that shortly if the rate of increase doesn't start dropping soon

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
have a Jonathan Freeland article in which he presents something incredibly obvious to anyone with half a brain as if it's new and profound information, because he's just realised it

Coronavirus crisis has transformed our view of what’s important posted:

After 100 days of rapid change we now see we can do without celebrities but not shelf-stackers

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

So said Vladimir Ilyich Lenin of the ferment of revolution, but he could just as easily have been talking about the 100 days that have passed since the moment coronavirus officially became a global phenomenon, the day China reported the new contagion to the World Health Organization.

The world has been transformed in that time, perhaps nowhere more so than Britain.

A hundred days ago, on 31 December, the UK prime minister delivered a video message full of hope and promise.

The coming year would, he said, be a “fantastic” one, the start of “an exhilarating decade of growth, prosperity and opportunity”. In 2020, he enthused, Britain would brim with “confidence”.

The early weeks suggested the PM might be right on one count at least. After three and a half years of rancour over Brexit, some of the poison began to drain out of the issue. Of course, it wasn’t “done”, as Johnson promised it would be, but it seemed as if we might dwell on lesser worries.

We saw in 2020 debating Megxit, a country with no greater angst on its mind than whether the Sussexes should carry on royalling.

On 31 January, the UK formally left the European Union. This new coronavirus was low down on the bulletins, safely tagged as foreign news.

Even by early March, it had not quite bared its teeth. People knew the official advice but weren’t sure quite how seriously they were meant to take it. Those politicians involved in public health messaging might attempt an awkward elbow bump at the start of a meeting, only to end it with a handshake or even a bear hug.

Johnson himself, at a press conference on 3 March, cheerfully boasted that he was still shaking hands with people he met – including, he said, people infected with coronavirus.

And yet, after a couple of those weeks in which decades happen, on 23 March Johnson was delivering a TV address to the nation, announcing a lockdown in what might have been a hackneyed scene from dystopian fiction.
The pubs were closed, along with the football grounds and the cinemas and the theatres and the schools. Places that normally throb with noise were suddenly quiet and have remained so.

You can jog through Leicester Square, London, a place normally teeming with tourists, and hear nothing more than the flapping of a distant flag.

Two weeks on from that original edict and now the death toll is in the thousands with the prime minister himself in intensive care, a development that shook people who did not expect to be shaken. Decades, in weeks.

This is a story of change so rapid, we can barely absorb it.

People focus on the questions that are human scale and therefore digestible – how long is the queue outside the supermarket? Do I need to wash vegetables if they’re wrapped in plastic? Can I walk in a park if everyone else is walking in the same park? – perhaps because the larger questions are too big to take in, including the largest of all: is this plague going to kill someone I love? Will it kill me?

This is the greatest UK public health crisis in a century. It threatens a death toll in five figures. It dwarfs any such menace since the Spanish flu afflicted a nation already staggering from the losses of the first world war. Perhaps it will come to seem like an act of God that none of us could have done anything about, a plague on all our houses that could not be averted.

Or maybe a future public inquiry will examine the fact that doctors and nurses were denied basic protective equipment, that care workers were forced to use bin liners for aprons and Marigolds for gloves, along with the paucity of ventilators and, above all, Britain’s apparent inability to follow the WHO’s instruction to “test, test, test”, and conclude that the UK response to Covid-19 ranks as one of the severest failures of public administration in the country’s long history.

That makes this a political crisis.

“They were very slow. They didn’t understand the scale of this,” says one senior figure, who has witnessed the government’s response close up. He says those at the top were “blase”, that emergency Cobra meetings were nothing like the efficient coordination exercises that have followed terror attacks, but “chaotic”, lacking “decisiveness”.

As for the PM, “I was surprised at how not in control Johnson appeared to be.” There was a lack of comparative data on how other countries were responding, a lack of thinking strategically or several moves ahead. Put simply, he says, the government was “winging it”.

The cabinet has looked callow in this period, lacking the seasoned faces of cabinets past. Dominic Raab, Rishi Sunak, Matt Hancock: they don’t have that many years on the clock.

Every time a Michael Heseltine or Gordon Brown comes on the radio, social media brims with nostalgia for the heavyweights of yore.

It’s one reason why the weekend just gone seemed to calm nerves. On Saturday, Labour elected a new leader who looked competent and capable. That brought one sigh of relief. Sunday brought another, as the country heard from its longest-serving public figure, its head of state.

The Queen’s ability to reassure rests on her status as monarch, of course, but also on her extraordinary longevity at the centre of our national life. As she reminded viewers of her TV address that night – a vanishingly rare event in itself – she has been communicating with Britons at moments of distress for an astonishing 80 years.

She recalled broadcasting to child evacuees in 1940, thereby summoning up the mystic power of the event which serves as the foundation story of modern Britain – the moment when we stood alone against an evil menace, and prevailed. Her promise that “we will meet again”, at once a glance back to the wartime past and a glimpse of a more hopeful future, will be remembered as one of the most significant – because necessary – acts of her 68-year reign.

Had the weekend ended that way, a calm might have settled on the land. As one observer noticed, the Queen’s message, along with Starmer’s election, suggested the scaffolding of the British state was being hoisted back into place.

But the calm lasted less than an hour, the nerves jangling once more with the news that the PM had been taken to hospital – proof that even the most protected individual in the country, a Falstaffian figure of hale and hearty vigour, was not beyond the claw of this dreaded virus.

Even so, despite the fear and the loneliness and the claustrophobia and the economic hardship of lockdown, few would say the country has sunk into despair.

Privately, our lives have been pared down to their barest essentials: no sport, no live entertainment, no nights out – just work, for those who still have it, family and remote contact with friends.

The work has changed – all laptops, pyjamas and Zoom for those who once toiled in offices – while family life has changed too, becoming much more concentrated and intense.

For some, that has been an unexpected joy; for others, it has been suffocating and even dangerous.

But our public life has also been stripped to its essentials. We’ve come to see what’s indispensable and what is not.

It turns out that we can function without celebrities or star athletes, but we really cannot function without nurses, doctors, care workers, delivery drivers, the stackers of supermarket shelves or, perhaps unexpectedly, good neighbours.

If you didn’t value those people before – some of those belatedly recognised as key workers are among the lowest paid – you surely value them now. In a new tradition, we emerge from our homes and start clapping every Thursday night at 8pm to make sure they know.

Almost everything the prime minister predicted a hundred days ago has failed to come true: 2020 will not be a year of growth or prosperity, but the very opposite. And yet, on one thing he was right. Somehow, we have left the widest rift of recent years behind.

Leave or remain now feels like an ancient divide, made suddenly irrelevant when the only distinction that matters is alive or dead.
garbage

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/HowUpsetting/status/1247850207896842240?s=20

the sheer sickening fawning over our poor stricken prime minister are pushing me into actively hoping he dies because gently caress him and gently caress all of them.

his pals in the lobby are all insisting that we ought to be wishing him well as the top of the news agenda (while they bury casualty figures for his fuckups), but he is pretty much the only person who is ill directly because of his own decisions. Those decisions have or will also put potentially hundreds of thousands of other people into similar positions, and the news is acting like I should personally be wishing him a speedy recovery.

he's just a man, he has no special powers, he was loving this up really badly before ending up quadraspazzed on the life glug and I'm supposed to care about him getting better and back to work more than the other ordinary people who are dead or dying or horribly ill with this disease?

nah

plus it would be an amazing arc from gobshite Brussels reporter to suicide by pandemic and that will be much more interesting in the history books

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I actually answered half a dozen emails, making this my most productive day of working from home yet!

I also managed to play several hours of fallout

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
devastated at this news

XMNN fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 9, 2020

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I don't watch whichever soap that's from, but the way that's phrased suggests that dot is too trusting/forgiving and therefore is constantly taken advantage of?

which is a very poo poo analogy for the tories relationship with banks for obvious reasons

unf due to not watching the soap I can't provide a better one

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Bardeh posted:

There are multiple of these posts on the local FB group every day. The person who posted it literally called the police on this dude :wtf:

like I can understand the argument that people using parks or whatever in a way that they couldn't if everyone else was doing the same is selfish, because everyone else is abstaining and you're taking advantage of that, but that just looks like a random bit of verge to me?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
and bojo will live to see it, so proud

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

ronya posted:

The inability of any Palestinian leadership to enforce any disarmament it theoretically agrees to is the big I/P sticking point)

lol what, I think the fact that Israel isn't really interested in negotiating anything and prefers to just invest Gaza and annex the west bank is probably "the big I/P sticking point"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
personally I'm really looking forward to the government and the media insisting that they acted early, did a really good and proactive job and only tens of thousands of people dying means they saved hundreds of thousands of lives

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
having a quick browse through the cunty section of twitter and it looks like the narrative they're trying to spin is that everyone's trying their best, criticising the government response is just political game playing "and you wouldn't do a better job", and "hindsight is 20/20" for the obvious gently caress-ups that even they can't excuse

tbh it will probably work given how the public seem to think, and there will be no kind of negative consequences for anyone responsible (apart from Johnson's unfortunately close encounter with death)

going to stop browsing Twitter and go out for my government sanctioned exercise activity before I defect to team virus

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
print it off a bunch of times and then turn it into a Millwall brick?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Tigey posted:

I'm sure this is the reason their verbals slips are overlooked when noted black woman Diane Abbott's are always picked up on.

there's also a party political aspect, esp wrt the media

also, bad news from the outside: the mosquitos are back

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
who could have guessed that the police would use their new powers to harass members of minority groups going about their business???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIi8OWRmdjY

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol I just remembered when everyone was watching her fly home from Uganda e: Kenya to get sacked

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
more police being stupid fash bastards

quote:

A hospital trust has said it was forced intervene with Cambridgeshire police after officers stopped staff on their way to work and told them NHS ID cards were insufficient evidence of essential travel.

In its newsletter, seen by the Guardian, bosses at Cambridge University hospitals foundation trust said they had received reports from staff who had been “stopped by the police on their way to work and asked to confirm if their travel was essential.” The newsletter went on:

When staff showed their NHS ID and said they were on their way into or from work, they were advised by the police officers that this was insufficient evidence of essential travel.

Following these reports the Trust has been in discussions with Cambridgeshire Constabulary. It has confirmed it will remind all police officers that such an explanation together with an NHS ID badge is sufficient evidence.

Cambridgeshire police was forced to apologise on Friday after officers sent a tweet saying they had been checking “non essential aisles” of a local supermarket to make sure they were empty

I completely support shutting down society and non-essential travel, but it is worrying (if not very surprising) how quickly and eagerly the police seem to have seized the opportunity to turn into the Gestapo's idiot cousins

not to mention the impromptu informer networks dobbing their neighbours

hopefully this will all go back in the box after the lockdown ends

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

How the heck would an essential worker who is not in the NHS with an ID card prove it then? I have various friends not in 'uniformed' jobs who are deemed essential workers but have desk-based jobs in various different organisations that are keeping the UK going under lockdown!

Apparently police were out in our town yesterday (we're a bit of a tourism hotspot this time of year). But I haven't been out for 3 days now (those hayfever tablets supposedly non-drowsy made me extremely sleepy so I've come off them again and hope I'll be up for a walk this afternoon or tomorrow!)

my work have provided me with a letter, but it looks like it's basically up to the whim of the officers involved so who knows if that would be sufficient

(sort of) fortunately I went off ill just before the crisis got really real and have been pseudo-working from home so I haven't had to test it out, and my commute is on the motorway where I hope they're less likely to flag you down

I went for my semi-government approved walk up to the park yesterday and a police van drove up the access road as I was going up it. I'd seen them coming out a few days ago, so I wandered towards the carpark to see what they were up to (just in case they were going to head into the woods and I'd have to keep an eye out for them :350:) and they literally just turned around.

I guess they were just checking if the car park was full, but they can't have even got out and had a quick look in the main bit of the park given how fast they came back, so I'm not sure what the point was.

The park is emptier than normal on the weekends, but there's still the downhill bikers using it in groups (although smaller than usual) which is probably not a great idea even if they do live together, given how badly you can gently caress yourself up coming off them. Plus the cunts shouldn't be there at any time really, especially as they dig up paths to make jumps and poo poo and are a general menace to other people using the park. :argh:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

thespaceinvader posted:

A question I've been asking myself and other leftists for a decade. If you have an answer I'd be glad to hear it.

Perhaps more relevantly, how are people supopsed to go loving shopping?

I'd start by being white and middle class

I was going to say this would be easier if they made us sign our own permission form like they are in Italy, at the moment it's just "you can only leave for certain reasons" and then it seems to be just up to the police deciding what that means and how they're going to enforce it. There's literally no mention of having to prove what you're up to on the government website or my local police one and they also don't say what constitutes sufficient evidence that your journey is essential (or even that you need evidence)

but in reality they would still use it as an opportunity to harass people they don't like the look of because that's the scorpion nature of the policeman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1249251910940491786?s=20

I'm wondering if there's anything the Tories could do that would turn the British public off, because accidentally on purpose murdering thousands of us hasn't done it

I'm not actually wondering, we will always vote for more suffering

also, I'm looking forward to watching them argue that it was inevitable that we would have the highest death toll in Europe because ~reasons~

https://twitter.com/SamuelM35427190/status/1249266659606609922?s=20

also interesting to see a variant on "the last Labour government", "the hypothetical alternative reality labour government" is an even more useful rhetorical tool because who knows, they would probably have deliberately killed millions and you can't prove otherwise