Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OwlFancier posted:

How would you tell?

Annoying. I tried to quote your last post in the previous thread about how you don't check your phone to own you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sloth Life posted:

Ok, household talk. I'm useless.
I can't wire a plug, paint a wall or hang wallpaper. I wouldn't know where to begin sanding stuff.

As you can guess, my flats decor is... Aged. I'd love a nice home but don't have the courage

Intellectually I know that a crappy paint job or wonky wallpaper won't actually cause the flat to combust but I'm TERRIFIED of actually trying.

Please halp.

Try the DIY forum? I find doing a good job is all about preparation and planning.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Whilst we are on the subject of home decor, how much change can I make to a room that I am renting? I haven't added any studs to the wall (used a few of them though for hanging things) but would like to know what exactly the legal grounds are for repurposing stuff?

Thanks folks!

It's up to your land lord. Check your contract? I've had ones before that ban putting posters up with blu tack and stuff.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

There's a lad in the street with a big hosepipe cleaning Windows. Seems weird... I guess maybe he'd be self employed so wants to crack on so I don't want to tut tut but kind of seems non essential.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

sassassin posted:

Guy I know got his test back this morning. He's a porter in a hospital. Newport area so no surprise it was positive.

Was he ill

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tescos wouldn't let me browse the pants today. Yet I've seen elsewhere it said that if a store is allowed to open then it's allowed to sell whatever it normally stocks...

I should have been allowed to buy pants.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Maybe I've been ruined by years of YouTube's of people like o Reilly and they other fox news type people frantically yelling over, turning off mikes and frothily re summarising silenced guests views into the exact opposite of what they said before trying to sell you a T-shirt or their new book but that peston thing didn't seem so bad. Him whining about it in a tweet afterwards is funny though.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

TheRat posted:

That's great. How does that relate to the fact that everyone and their mother knew this was coming since mid January and we still did gently caress all?

That seems like a thing that should also be criticised. Like what happened about those us senators that sold off a bunch of shares after a Corona briefing from around that time?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I thought I'd wasted my teens/early twenties but then I looked around and realised I was 40.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

The Olympics Opening Ceremony was cool as hell the problem is that people think that it was a golden age of Britain when it was actually loving miserable for millions of Brits.

The problem was China did it right before us but bigger and better. A mistake we're determined not to repeat with our Corona virus spread.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Anyone seen the 111 stats? They indicate that 1.8 million people are probably infected and symptomatic.

111 doesn't exactly have the best reputation for reliability in diagnoses.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

peanut- posted:

Completely anecdotal observation: been out for a run every day since quarantine started. People have been pretty good until tonight, when there was probably 3x as many people out, and most pretence of distancing was abandoned. Noticeably more traffic on the road too.

20c and sunny at the weekend is going to break people.

I guess the police will have realised the same and be out and about to stand on our windpipes if we get too close to each other.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

the queen dying is going to do more for my depression than all the sertraline ever manufactured

You might want to look at why that is.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Fortunately I've never found it necessary to have fans to sleep at night.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Diane Abbott is on the privy council? Unless that's out of date, they're was a big thing about Corbyn joining cos he had to kiss the Queen or whatever. It's normal. Three longer statement had him saying he would hold Boris to account and criticise where necessary. The tweet is nothing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't mean to suggest that only MPs are important people but who cares about Ruth smeeth if she isn't even one anymore? Like why would starmer be talking to her particularly given he's just got a big new job and must have stuff to do.

Edit. Vvv lol

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 5, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is Raab spider oval office or what?

No he's the guy that didn't know ports were important.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Kin posted:

Well i guess someone from Tesco is reading this thread (or my mind) because today i discovered that not only have they got one in, one out on the go, but they also implemented a one way system around the store with floor plans indicating a 2m distance.

Same round here. The guys on the door have obviously been told to be extra jovial about everything and to be fair are doing a good job. All the rest of them do seem to be quite into enforcing the rules and being proactive. What I'm worried about is in the future they won't want to give up their new found authority and shopping is going to be a right faff, getting bossed around by a bunch of little broccoli Nazis.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I just don't think "when's it all going to go back to normal" is really a thing I want the opposition asking like some deranged old boomer.

He literally said he didn't want to know that. Said we needed to know that there was a strategy and what it was. That's definitely something I want to know. And politically it allows them to hold them government to account when they don't achieve things. But I and many other people have things painfully on hold and need to know what the gently caress is happening.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Took part in the mass gang banging on my street.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

crispix posted:

Has anyone been reported to the police yet for not clapping

Did you clap?

I have video evidence of us doing it making my clapping much more effective and guarding against such prosecutions.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Last Supper in a Time of Corona

Lol. Great idea for a Photoshop thread too.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Are schools in the us shut down? It's probably averaging about the same death rate as normal with school shootings not able to happen.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

When someone loses power like that they always step back a bit don't they. Massive not like ego maniacs like salmond or loving lol farage about 15 times. But leaders of proper parties.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pretty poo poo police state. I would at least have stamped on that pink football at the end to demonstrate my authority.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think you could get away with smoking as your once daily government authorised exercise.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Surely we've come full circle on the flat screen TVs by now and we've got unemployed council estate scroungers in track suits sniffing haughtily and saying I don't even own a TV actually.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I'm surprised that there haven't been a bunch of hipsters claiming the tube TVs somehow capture the visual effect better.

That's even true in some very edge cases, the shittiness of composite video and NTSC artifacts could be used to get some interesting effects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKblgZupOc&t=404s

Don't forget the heart attack risk in the elderly.

If it's endorsed by a US President you know it's safe!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

So just over half the people didn't vote for starmer...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Whatever you melty gammon.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is the taking the hat off thing some hangover from like suits of armour or something? I mean otherwise why does it matter if a dead body sees me with a hat on?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Cerv posted:

like most things around funerals it’s not for the benefit of the deceased, it’s for the bereaved. you’re showing a mark of respect. so making a deliberate point to not do it has no purpose other than disrespect. maybe it is a pointless tradition, but that’s not a hill worth dying on.

Yes. Obviously. But why the hat? I was wondering if it was like taking your helm off to show who you are and that your not about to stay a fight or whatever as the mark of respect.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Because I am trying to leave the house as little as possible and all the family run places near me are closed.

I haven't gone further than 2 streets from my house in a little under 3 weeks now.

Get a takeaway?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol the bbc live ticker thing is now saying people in cornwall are being encouraged to report each other.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I haven't done any officially yet but I'm pretty sure my car insurance doesn't cover me to be volunteering for vulnerable people during a pandemic?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Ok will do. That's interesting, I only just thought about it when my phone wanted me to read a story about how insurers are about to see a billion pound windfall from underutilized cars still being proper insured.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think it all helps

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

The worst part is we have a really good healthcare system, it's just that we piss-arsed away 6 days at the start.

This reminds me of all my uni coursework. And every professional project I've ever worked on. Especially the government military ones.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It says you're unsafe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's tick box bullshit that Corbyn should have just dive and didn't matter at all. I think.