Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oodles posted:

Some councils say they don’t take soil because it makes the bin too heavy, however our council doesn’t stipulate it being restricted.

If I can’t put it in the brown bin, what am I supposed to do with my soil?

use a toilet like the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

that would explain why they tell you to join extinction rebellion at the end there

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't fuckin trust ours so at worst they're on an equal footing with our shower of shits

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

oh that's what that poo poo's about is it? loving racket

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

would you if it was presented to you

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

EmptyVessel posted:

Thought thread consensus was that signing petitions was a performative waste of time, how is this different?

so is that a yes or a no

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

EmptyVessel posted:

To be clear, you're talking about the Labour Campaign for Trans Rights pledges that Starmer didn't sign, and not the LGBT+ Labour (who claim to be Labour's official LGBT+ affiliate) pledges that he did sign?

I'd probably sign both, while wondering why we need two, but I also sign petitions so...

ok, cheers

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

keir starmer always looks vaguely frightened and concerned, like a man he's assumed to be homeless has just asked if he knows where he can catch a bus

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

Never accused anyone of voting for him, but this thread hiveminded nastily against any idea of respecting the referendum result so how is this not the exact result you wanted? Awsome lefty manifesto + respecting the referendum = historically unprecedented swing to the good, Awesome lefty manifesto + making GBS threads on the referendum result= getting historically owned.

who the gently caress are you arguing with

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

to thank her for helping to open up the top job

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Devon_OnEarth/status/1246919921755455494

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he got infected shaking the hands of the sick, he's basically jesus, or even better, lady di

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

sassassin posted:

Turns out cutting hair is really easy, you don't have to be a busty girl too thick to do her A levels (but it must help somehow).

the internet's broken me, the first thing I thought was like, she can't fit in the chair or what?

but also gently caress off with this

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

So where does that leave all the anti-Zionist Jewish groups?

self-hating jews obviously

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's one very good reason a Corbyn won't happen again and it's that he only happened last time because a load of idiots in the PLP who didn't actually want him to win nominated him "to broaden the debate". They'll remember what happens when you do that now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Endjinneer posted:

Yes and no, respectively. The work isn't something that takes a lot of verbal back-and-forth either, so working with a colleague on the opposite side of the globe takes fairly little extra effort.
My point was that in my knowledge based industry where the balance of power already lies with the employee, the experience of a lockdown is going to open opportunities for a change in the relationship between employer and employee which further goes in favour of many employees.
Having been a union member during market conditions that were dire enough for that relationship to briefly invert, the scale of the crisis was so great that the union's collective bargaining power was moot.
I'm not down t' pit wi' t' lads, so a traditional marxist reading of the situation doesn't yield useful conclusions. Postcapitalism is an interesting book which tries to explore how it can, incidentally.

To torture that metaphor of yours, it's not a house without a roof so much as a hotel without a roof. You keep your bags packed, you nick the towels, you make sure you have an umbrella and a good idea how to build at least a shack of your own. In the event of a downpour that makes all that preparation useless, even buildings with roofs are hosed.

but not everyone in the hotel has the ability to leave and go on a little camping trip when it rains, that's the point

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Goldskull posted:

I know it's The S*n and gently caress that rag, but there aren't going to be any pubs if they're all locked down til Xmas, there's a ton of independents struggling to make it til July because landlords/business rates are screwing them right over.

there's going to be a load of properties going for cheap that are perfect for use as a pub, you say?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sure it's a completely coincidental and unintended consequence of this policy that arch-brexiteer and Tory donor Tim Martin is suddenly about to have a lot less competition

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Soylent Yellow posted:

A lot of people in the pub industry are worried that this is going to wipe out free houses. The concern is that they don't have the reserves or support to survive this, and the large pubcos with the cash reserves or credit facilities to do so are going to rush in and buy the lot at firesale prices.

anyone know how to check how many tory MPs have shares in major pubcos

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

Alastair Campbell suggesting (quite gently at this point) that Starmer stop flapping around ineffectively on the sidelines and start providing a proper opposition:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/22/coronavirus-deaths-labour-criticise-government-starmer

It's telling that, from the other side of Labour opinion, he's come to the same initial conclusions about Starmer as the Ukmt.

iF bOtH sIdEs HaTe hIm hE mUsT bE dOiNg sOmEtHinG rIgHt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

she's rich and white, why would they not