Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Ok, household talk. I'm useless.
I can't wire a plug, paint a wall or hang wallpaper. I wouldn't know where to begin sanding stuff.

As you can guess, my flats decor is... Aged. I'd love a nice home but don't have the courage

Intellectually I know that a crappy paint job or wonky wallpaper won't actually cause the flat to combust but I'm TERRIFIED of actually trying.

Please halp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Josef bugman posted:

Whilst we are on the subject of home decor, how much change can I make to a room that I am renting? I haven't added any studs to the wall (used a few of them though for hanging things) but would like to know what exactly the legal grounds are for repurposing stuff?

Thanks folks!

Get your landlords permission and IN WRITING

I cannot stress how important that bit is because they will conveniently forget once your deposit is due back and cream you for it.

Some LL will be flexible and allow shelves, pictures and painting. Some will refuse everything up and Inc blutak. A few are in the 'put it back as you found it' which is wishy-washy at best and a red flag.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Thanks for DIY tips will try and probably end up in A n E but I will have tried! Maybe.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
If it's me, I'm just looking for what I'm looking for. I'm really bad at spotting it immediately, I have to do the shelf scan while muttering "sweetcorn, sweetcorn, no that's peas, pasta sauce, soup...ah!sweetcorn!"

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Marx and Engels
God and Angels

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Happy Birthday Jaeluni

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Desperate Dan for thread Dad. Bugman for thread Hero. Jose for thread Survivor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Effexor VR stoned me out of my gourd two weeks straight (I couldn't drive it was so bad. Chill feeling though) and straight up murdered my sex drive. I've been off it 2 years now and I still struggle with feeling absolutely unrandy.