Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Oodles posted:

Can’t burn soil, I’m digging out cat poop filled raised beds.

Pretty sure your not supposed to put soil in the green waste bins. Especially if it has cat poo poo in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Oodles posted:

Some councils say they don’t take soil because it makes the bin too heavy, however our council doesn’t stipulate it being restricted.

If I can’t put it in the brown bin, what am I supposed to do with my soil?

Normally take it to a council run tip. Unfortunately soil is one of the items they have started charging for, which, around here, has led to an increase in fly tipping.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Guavanaut posted:

If you fly tipped a ton of soil in some of our barren fields around here I doubt anyone would notice. Everyone would assume it was one of those anti-Traveller humps.

It normally gets tipped into entrances of byways and other rights of way. And it's not just soil, usually old white gooods, sofas and if your really lucky, old asbestos roof panels.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Painting is much easier than wall papering. It's all about the prep to be honest. Fill in any holes with filler then sand back smooth. Paint over the old colour with a base coat. Then put your top coat on, may need two coats if any of the old/base colour is showing through.
If you are painting on to fresh plaster, it is usually good to give it a coat of watered down PVA glue to seal the plaster.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Strom Cuzewon posted:

It's quite easy to get advice here, just follow these steps:
1) Share pictures of your current situation
2) Describe what changes you want to make
3) Get loads of careful, detailed advice from goons
4) Saw through all the structural supports in your bathroom
5) Commence meltdown

6) Post pictures on the forums

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Trip Report: no one clapping for Boris on my street

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

As a kid I used to love the school adventure stories - Mallory Towers - how I longed for a chocolate brown school tunic with an orange belt - with the pranks and discovering the headmistress was actually the male head of a crime gang (as in the 1960s St Trinians films, not the more recent travesties), or gangs of smugglers were using the school to store stolen barrels of whisky or whatever. When my school friends were into reading Jackie magazine, I preferred June & School Friend with The Four Marys etc.

Just as an FYI, I think the BBC have adapted this. Its on CBBC on the iPlayer. I know because my partner is watching it.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Cerv posted:

coop this morning had a sign by the till asking “please consider if your lottery ticket / scratch card is really an essential purchase”

if we come out of this crisis with a permanent cultural shift from ‘the customer is always’ right to passively aggressively telling your customers to gently caress off, that’d be a silver lining
I look forward to being able to do that

My local coop will only sell lucky dip lottery tickets now. I think as a knock on effect, there maybe a huge shortfall in funding to the arts, culture and museums sector as lottery revenues plummet.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Dell_Zincht posted:

Mashed potato's a bit tricky to make without removing the skin first. When I was younger I found that out the hard way.

Potato Ricer like a giant garlic press but for potatoes. Don't need to peel them either.

Edit In the year 184 Beolhyu becomes king of Silla.

Catzilla fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 20, 2020

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

crispix posted:

I think most (?) of it is on youtube. I watched a load last week. It gets dark in places :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1feYxwwn0eM

Its got a banging theme tune too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wandkZSmpE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Isn't that a Metal Gear character?