Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Azza Bamboo posted:

I don't mind Imperial units.

They seem complicated at first but the idea seems to be that they base their system on numbers that are divisible by many smaller numbers. You divide by 3 or 6 in decimal and you're going to end up with an infinite decimal point. Do it in Imperial and the number has an end.

a rod being five and a half yards is bullshit though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Ah poo poo, they cancelled the Edinburgh Fringe. Seems like it's necessary but it's depressing to think we'll still be dealing with this poo poo in loving August.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Holy poo poo how did nobody mention Ratt

He's right there

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

It's pretty cool how the tories get to install whatever satan they want when their current monster becomes incapacitated

and by cool I mean horrifying

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Azza Bamboo posted:

I don't want Boris to die

*finger on the monkey's paw curls*

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

who here has vr gear for their pc? i have a question

I do

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

If the UK does end up with far higher death rates than the US, I'd suggest that the reasons are that the UK has a population density nearly ten times that of the US, and their houses are triple the size on average.

And also that all the numbers are bollocks because politicians are loving with them and testing isn't being done, so we don't actually know the death toll or the numbers of infected.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Marenghi posted:

The report just confirms what I always thought during Corbyn's leadership. It was a waste of time to try bring the Blairites to his side.
He should have purged them from the party after their failed coups. He was too patient, too polite.

What Labour needed was a leader who could be rude, a man of steel resolve who could have purged those officials from the party.

I've had thoughts like this myself.

Anyone who knows Labour internal politics - is this sort of thing something the leader's office actually has the power to prevent, or is it something that's controlled by other sections of the party that the leader's office can't control?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

How could you work for the NHS and not hate the tories given their decades-long crusade against it