Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

sebzilla posted:

Looks like I'm getting furloughed next week :toot:

My allotment isn't going to know what hit it.

I was very excited to spent all my weekends tidying up the garden. Then my council stopped the garden waste collection.

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Loonytoad Quack posted:

This is what fire is for.

Can’t burn soil, I’m digging out cat poop filled raised beds.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Catzilla posted:

Pretty sure your not supposed to put soil in the green waste bins. Especially if it has cat poo poo in it.

Some councils say they don’t take soil because it makes the bin too heavy, however our council doesn’t stipulate it being restricted.

If I can’t put it in the brown bin, what am I supposed to do with my soil?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

marktheando posted:

Would it be really irresponsible of me to try to get some weed right now?.

Now’d be a good time to grow your own.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They keep texting me telling me how desperate they are for O+ (if anyone's keeping a spreadsheet of goon blood types, there you go) even though I have an appointment booked to give on Monday. Anyway I decided to reschedule it as the sore throat I've had for a couple of days is 99.9999% to be from me scratching one of my tonsils with a burnt chip but I don't want to risk it. Next available session? July. You want my blood? Come loving get it, bitches.

I’m O+. Didn’t realise we were in demand.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Crankit posted:

I'm not 100% sure I follow, unless it's a joke where you're taking blood as a drug?

what it really boils down to, is I want to know if the O+ guys get invited to the special donations too or if that's only for O- people?

From my limited googling it would appear O+ can be used for anyone with + blood (ie A+, B+, AB+, O+) whereas O- can be given to anyone positive or negative, but they can only receive from O-.

This is making me realise I should donate more, especially as my wife can’t donate as she’s received a transfusion in the past.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

ThomasPaine posted:

Roughly when is it that the supermarkets open their next day's delivery slots?

We went on just after midnight and managed to book an Asda delivery for 2 weeks time. But there was also a random one for this Thursday.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I liked the opening ceremony. :colbert:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The music kicked rear end, especially during the crazy Dark Satanic Mills bit.

I was happy when I saw Frank Turner playing on the mockup of Glastonbury Tor.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Not surprising that the first time they try and enact some legislation they do it in the wrong way. And it’s super easy to wiggle out of if it’s done incorrectly.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I baked bread. It wasn’t terrible. But I think I need a bigger loaf tin.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Cerv posted:

the treasury
our government haven’t quite gotten to the point of writing off privately held debt yet

give it a couple weeks

Was the NHS paying interest on the debt, or was it just like me borrowing a tenner from my dad, with both of us knowing that I’ll never pay it back.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also did Her Maj have anything interesting to say or was it just an Uncle Albert monologue in a higher pitch?

Think it’s this Sunday for Liz to address the great unwashed.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1246894412472483841?s=21

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

Is that floppy haired posho oval office not dead yet

Which one?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Jose posted:

Just been told that as he's not on a ventilator he's probably going to survive

Not on a ventilator, yet.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

:ironicat:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Also the longer he's on a vent the less likely he is to come off it, afaik.

He’s not on a vent, is he?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's got a lot more to do with the FAA making realtime air traffic data available, with the rest of the world relying on turbonerds running transponder receivers - if you look at Flightradar24, which probably has the largest amount of turbonerds supplying it with data (and filters out small private aircraft in the zoomed-out views), you'll see that traffic is still pretty busy across Europe.

e: If anything the US looks pretty quiet compared to Europe right now, but that's because it's early-mid morning in Europe and the middle of the night in the US.

Fun fact, Aberdeen airport was the busiest airport in the whole of the UK on Monday due to all the helicopters to the offshore oil platforms.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I started doing this two months ago and how the hell do you do the back properly?

I'm assuming ^^ does one setting all over. So it's pretty easy, just give yourself a reach around, and check that it feels the same length.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Apraxin posted:

people's hero boris has beaten coronavirus just like he beat Brexit, nothing can keep this beautiful patriot down

(or dampen his apparently permanent feeling of 'great spirits')

Of course he’s in extremely good spirits, it’s either that or be an extremely good spirit.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

crispix posted:

I didn't realise Nestle is so evil

Yea, they were massive cunts with Baby Formula in the developing world.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

It seems like theyve been dossing off for weeks

“Working from home”

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

floofyscorp posted:

What the gently caress are you people putting through your sieves that you can't wash off?

After boiling peeled potatoes and straining them there ends up being mushy potato on the sieve. And if you use a sponge on the sieve it shreds the sponge.

I just chuck it in the dishwasher, same with my cheese grater.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

no museum in history is ever going to be "cool" so stop trying.

Science Museum in London is. Fight me.

:colbert:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I wonder what would happen if I had three weeks sick, then tried to take two weeks paternity.

I’d probably be shown the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

jaete posted:

Any of you muscle-bound athletes know where and how to buy a chin-up bar in the UK? A bit of googling gives me a good two million different lovely pieces of poo poo that suck. What I'm after is basically this:

i.e. just screw that thing on, permanently, rather than mess around with whatever too-cheaply-produced gimmick everyone's trying to sell

I’m always wary of chin-up bars that go over door frames. I don’t think my woodwork can support my goony mass.