Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Mum called to say she was collecting her online shopping and as soon as they drove away an old lady across the street came out to shout and swear at her for getting food delivery. loving curtain twitchers, she has no idea about her situation and whether she "needs" online food deliveries or not. Now of course mum feels dreadful and unsafe because of it.
We will be our own police state.
Anyways just had to vent a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Bardeh posted:

How the gently caress else is she meant to get food? Would granny prefer your mum went to the shops and potentially spread disease?

No idea. I'm assuming the old lady is stressed to gently caress and having a terrible day, maybe just angry that someone got a delivery slot while she's been struggling... I'm hoping she's not gonna be spreading poo poo around town or on facebook or whatever. Mum has a big anxiety problem and this is the last thing she needs

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

My dad is self-employed, he does the gardens for people, most of it is just cutting the grass for old folks but 2 days a week he maintains the large estate at a Speyside distillery, where he works with 3 other people doing it. He's still doing that because he apparently counts as an essential worker, but 1 of the guys he works with at the distillery has decided to call off because the same poo poo happened to him: he was going to his car and some nosey neighbour came out to yell at him and rather than tell him to gently caress off he's been cowed into not coming out. (I'm not convinced he actually does count as an essential worker but I also get that he's self-employed and the bills don't stop just because he has to so I'm not going to argue it with him. He's a grown man) Where as my temptation if someone were to do that to me while going out for a walk is to yell back at them to mind their own loving business & if they think I shouldn't be going out then they can call the polis.

Anyway, it's easy to see how the Stasi had so many enforcers. So many folk are natural busybodies.

She takes it to heart, just like I do. It sucks that some people are responding to the crisis in this way, it is easy to see how the descent can begin. Just gently caress off and be cool honestly

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Lorra new posts today... 😧
Think the treatment of Azza was pretty hosed up and I hope he continues contributing to the thread, although certainly wouldn't blame him if he doesn't.
That's all, thanks in advance for calling me a dumb gently caress too if you want.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Braggart posted:

Hey all. Hope you’re okay. I’m good, but not following the thread. Running my mouth off in the discord though :D

Dropping this thing wot I writ just now in here cos I think you’ll like it:

Keir Starmie, I choose you!
“Not battling for battling’s sake.”
Boffing used Savile attack!
It’s super effective!
Keir Starmie fainted!
What?
BOFFING evolved into WHEEZING!
WHEEZING evolved into DEAD!

Oh hey dude! I missed seeing your posts in here

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I love my garlic press! When cooking batch meals, if you wanna taste the garlic, then you've got to add several cloves. My press does 2 or 3 at once, keeps the fingers clean, and the press capsule inside lifts out for easy cleaning. I'm amazed that more people don't love them, although clearly it does give you garlic with a different texture which I guess effects how it cooks. Maybe it burns faster.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I finally found some flour yesterday in Tesco, first time I've seen any for weeks and weeks. They only had plain flour and there were only a few left when I got there, but hooray I can have my sourdough loaf again and maybe try some fun recipes while I'm flush with cash flour.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Went outside, clapped for a minute, felt awkward, came back in. As expected really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

HJB posted:

Much quieter this week, no idea if it's because of Panorama or everyone's hatred of Old Tommy but the clapping tide is turning.

The opposite here at least