Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
This certainly feels dumb enough to be plausible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
actually on reflection this can't possibly be real, because what in the world would cryptic "you know what to do" messages posted in forums accomplish, are people supposed to post their way towards seizing the means of production? And the rebel mods/admins are supposed to be... taking over the forums through extremely dubious legal action during an active pandemic? everything about this is stupid and dumb and if it is real frankly they deserved to lose.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

PookBear posted:

from what I understand it was just cyrano changing a post of theirs to give the ban context

Clam Down literally made a stickied post in SH/SC and IYG titled "Initiate the Operation" that reads "You know what to do." Same with Fool of Sound in D&D, iospace in SAS, etc.

if this was a coup attempt it was an extremely dumb and bad one

e: which would be about the quality of your standard goon operation

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Kawasaki Nun posted:

We would be looking at mod forums leaks if anything cool were happening. This is like when your parents get drunk in front of your friends.

Mod forum leaks, coordinated posts detailing what their plan was and why, continued communication over goon discords posted back onto the forums, etc.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I am trying and failing to see the logic behind this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I also have no idea how that's supposed to jive with all the "the operation begins in six hours" posts.