Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Woofer posted:

Can you not report people without plat? What kinda class warfare bullshit is this?

Someone report McNally for me. For us all.

What would be the point? The report goes to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Any report made in GiP should have mcnally_fingerguns.jpg instead of the "thanks for submitting a report" text imo

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

Branch Covidians.

:moonrio: so totally stealing that

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is the lamest loving coup.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Can't report mods, I just tried. Ya got lucky this time, McNally.

This time.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

McNally posted:

What would be the point? The report goes to me.

sounds like military procedure to me

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/01/us-navy-evacuating-virus-struck-aircraft-carrier-roosevelt.html

quote:

The U.S. Navy is evacuating thousands of sailors from the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt in Guam after its captain warned a coronavirus outbreak was threatening the lives of the crew.

With dozens of COVID-19 cases discovered, a senior official said the Navy was rapidly arranging hotel rooms on the Pacific island for many of the 4,000-plus crew, while organizing a skeleton team of uninfected sailors to keep the ship operational.

hope the island doesn't flip upside down

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

God can you imagine the Field Days

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Can't report mods, I just tried. Ya got lucky this time, McNally.

This time.

Can't add them to your ignore list either! Though if you already have them on ignore, they'll remain ignored.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What happens if all the Nucs on that ship get sick and can't work? Fly in replacement crew?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

MA-Horus posted:

What happens if all the Nucs on that ship get sick and can't work? Fly in replacement crew?

Step 1) turn it off and walk away

Step 2) remember for legal reasons you have to actually have people half asleep in a cramped box "running it"

Step 3) cram some 18 year olds in the box with the reactor, lock the door, and walk away

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If every nuke has covid then you got a full crew. No need to worry about manning lol

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

BigDave posted:

What does this mean, and how many grams of blow do I have to snort before it makes sense?
It's the DoD version of timecube

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's the best case scenario.

let's all note how the best case scenario is getting worse each week. i remember when it was just 100 thousand.

hahahahahhhahhaaa

i just typed "just 100 thousand"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Before this is done Trump will be in front of the media saying poo poo like "Can you believe it? Only 200,000 people, only 200,000! The media, the media they said millions would die. Millions! But you know what...not gonna happen. Not happening. And we didn't let it happen, only 200,000 people! Not bad, not bad."

His supporters will lionize him and continue to blame Democrats for this because some of them believe women should have a right to choose.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

maffew buildings posted:

Before this is done Trump will be in front of the media saying poo poo like "Can you believe it? Only 200,000 people, only 200,000! The media, the media they said millions would die. Millions! But you know what...not gonna happen. Not happening. And we didn't let it happen, only 200,000 people! Not bad, not bad."

His supporters will lionize him and continue to blame Democrats for this because some of them believe women should have a right to choose.

This is exactly what will happen.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Not today, Jade Helm, not today.

https://twitter.com/scottmstedman/status/1245476162266112000?s=21

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wonder who he votes for

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wonder who he votes for

Whoever Q tells him to.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Jimmy Smuts posted:

It's the DoD version of timecube

So, two grams.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
"Hospital ship is actually holding nefarious secrets" is a new and exciting spin on FEMA death camps imo

fale edit: Also a good plot for an RPG session

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Apparently Cyrano pranked McNally. That rules

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

BigDave posted:

So, two grams.

lol :D

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Government Takeover? What the gently caress?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/lastpositivist/status/1245378240442707968

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Does anyone know if there have been any blog updates from Dr. Shlain on LinkedIn since the last update (Web Archive link), or if he's hosting them somewhere else? I remember the one before it was particularly valuable when written, but I don't have a linkedIn to actually look at his profile.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/opinions/what-happens-in-the-4th-wave-of-the-pandemic-sepkowitz/

Dyin' time's here. COVID has now spread from the large cities into the rural areas of the US where there are no hospital beds. That number of deaths is really gonna skyrocket now, as if it isn't already climbing near vertically.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/opinions/what-happens-in-the-4th-wave-of-the-pandemic-sepkowitz/

Dyin' time's here. COVID has now spread from the large cities into the rural areas of the US where there are no hospital beds. That number of deaths is really gonna skyrocket now, as if it isn't already climbing near vertically.

Possibly related:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/pentagon-seeking-100-000-body-bags-for-civilians-in-virus-crisis

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, I look forward to Strong Daddy Trump pointing to only 200k deaths as his perfect managing of the crisis, despite that probably being more than the rest of the world combined.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Everyone update your PPRs for "Train attack". I can't seem to find a video of this.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Its from 2014 but it is evergreen.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

hobbesmaster posted:

Sure but the joke is you can allocate infinity dollars for US flagged cruise ships because there aren’t any.

You cant because the NCL Pride of America is the lone US cruise ship. NCL was exploring reflagging more over winter but this probably puts a bit of a bump in that road.

Navy should have read the CDC report from February as it says something about the virus spread in enclosed spaces.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hawaii probably needs a serious bailout right now so it might not even have been a bad idea! Though I guess that'd flow through to Norweigan cruise lines...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LingcodKilla posted:

Government Takeover? What the gently caress?
yeah, i know. the government has already taken over america, dummy!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lightpole posted:

You cant because the NCL Pride of America is the lone US cruise ship. NCL was exploring reflagging more over winter but this probably puts a bit of a bump in that road.

Navy should have read the CDC report from February as it says something about the virus spread in enclosed spaces.

The parent company is incorporated in the Bahamas, however, and so Norwegian Cruise Lines is not eligible for any break or stimulus. NCL Pride of America could reflag and it wouldn't matter, because Norwegian isn't getting poo poo anyways,

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/01/trump-ignored-white-house-economists-warning-of-devastating-impact-of-pandemic-months-ago-report/

quote:

White House economists released a study last year that warned a pandemic could kill 500,000 people and devastate the economy months before the coronavirus outbreak, but top officials and the president appear to have ignored their warning.

A study by the Council of Economic Advisers ordered by the National Security Council predicted that a pandemic similar to the 1918 Spanish flu or the 2009 swine flu could lead to a half-million deaths and cost the economy as much as $3.8 trillion.

"Tens of millions of people could become ill, with many requiring hospitalization; and a significant number—especially among the vulnerable elderly population—could die," the study said.

Of loving course.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

"COVID-19 VIRUS DETERMINED TO STRIKE IN US"

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Sept 2019... If this was in - February 2020, I may have a different level of outrage. There's going to be a lot of what ifs going on, but report released in Sept on an influenza pandemic that was probably worked on in 2018 isn't one of them.

Edit: Mom called - Dad tested positive.

He was tested to be discharged from the hospital. So far, his lungs look good but gently caress this sucks rear end.

TCD fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 2, 2020

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

This is exactly what will happen.

Nah, that's not correct. The numbers will be larger.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

TCD posted:

Sept 2019... If this was in - February 2020, I may have a different level of outrage. There's going to be a lot of what ifs going on, but report released in Sept on an influenza pandemic that was probably worked on in 2018 isn't one of them.

Edit: Mom called - Dad tested positive.

He was tested to be discharged from the hospital. So far, his lungs look good but gently caress this sucks rear end.

How many FOIA requests & lawsuits do you think are churning for any intelligence briefings that mentioned this crisis to Trump right now? We literally have an organization in the IC dedicated to medical intelligence: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Center_for_Medical_Intelligence

There is almost zero chance people weren't mentioning this possibility to Trump at some level circa February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

More good news, Italy underreported their deaths!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/italys-coronavirus-death-toll-is-far-higher-than-reported/ar-BB122vvc?ocid=spartandhp

gently caress.