Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Seriously what the gently caress does "Upon information and belief" mean, jesus christ.

It's a term of art mostly used in legal writing to describe why someone believes an alleged fact. Ex. Based upon information and belief on or about November 09 2013 Donald J. Trump paid two prostitutes to urinate upon his hotel room bed.

Makes me think a staffer wrote it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Weekend at Bernie's but it's all old British dudes.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Old Boot posted:

...So. There. I guess. That's about the best I can do right now, ray of sunshine wise. :shrug:

To add to your brief moment of optimism consider our experience here in Virginia. Our governor is a blackface wearing center Dem and our Lt gov is a sexpest. But with plenty of hustle and grassroots efforts we flipped the legislature blue in 2018 and in the process primaries a bunch of centrist dems with actual progressives. The progressives didn't get everything they wanted out of our legislative session, but we did get mandatory gun background checks, red flag laws, decriminalized pot, minimum wage increases, the first southern states to pass LGBTQ discrimination protection, ratifying the ERA, a massive expansion to early voting, got rid of the law preventing cities from removing traitor's statues and started the process of removing the statue of Col. Lee from the state capitol grounds.

The point being there are reasons not to give up. It took the tea party 10 years to go from rascal scooter parades to Trump and the left needs to play both the short and long game.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I've had two USAA cards autocanceled due to fraud risk before I ever notice anything happen. On my second date with my gf of 2.5 years I made sure my card was paid off that morning and at dinner it was declined cauz fraudsters in Miami maxed it out at CVS of all places. USAA didn't even want s police report I just said the charges were fraudulent and they sent me a new card.

Also BoA is terrible and was hilariously incompetent to litigate against when I did forclosure defense. Definitely do not trust them with your money.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress BofA.

My favorite BoFA experience was when they requested permission to appear in court telephonically, the loan manager decided to take vacation instead without getting someone to cover, and BoFAs own attorney ended up on hold bounced around in their phone queue for an hour while until the court got irate enough to hold the bank in contempt.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Atlanta suffering is a feature, not a bug for the people who voted for Kemp. Killing the economic engine of the state to own the libs.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've been saying for years now after a lifetime of southern living that the most racist people in the south are white folks in the Atlanta suburbs. Now, when you compare an overlap of where my extended family lives, an interesting thing occurs...

I'm from the Atlanta suburbs and I say burn em all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I work with a couple Microsoft contractors who are all marines. They say Microsoft loves hiring vets, even if they don't have a strong IT background.