Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Millions of Americans are going to die because we have an idiot Hollywood conception of freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chichevache posted:

No, it doesn't.

It makes me feel bad that this is what is considered acceptable discourse. Dan Carlin had a pretty good episode of Common Sense about this type of rhetoric a few weeks ago, A Recipe for Caesar. I thought he made a drat good point about what possible resolution we can find to this divide in our country when you have people otherizing their "enemies" to the point of considering them vermin worth destroying.

Obviously the real Nazis are an issue, just like real tankies are an issue. But not everyone who disagrees with you politically falls into those two camps. I'm not eager to raise my daughter in a world where Americans are purging one another over political beliefs, and I think an important step to walking us back from that cliff is stopping that kind of rhetoric when you can.

"guys it's just a political disagreement don't be so mean :qq:"

These idiots are deliberately exacerbating a deadly plague because they can't stand not being able to go to Applebees. gently caress them. The only reason I don't hope they all die is because that would take up scarce medical resources that people who don't deserve to die could use.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It would not surprise me in the slightest if people start thinking "I'll buy barrels and keep gas in my garage *just in case*," not reasoning that 1) that's extremely dangerous, and 2) even using a stabilizing agent, gasoline only keeps for like 6-8 months.

"The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis, Again"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fallom posted:

Why are Georgia and Florida catching all the heat when Colorado reversed course and did the same thing?

I'm pretty disappointed. Why loving salons, of all things? The governor even made a statement about how people were making their own decision to take a risk going to these places - never mind the risk they're taking for their family and everyone else they'll interact with because they just couldn't go another loving day without a Brazilian blowout.

I'm pretty sure what's going to happen is that we're going to be back to "normal" by the end of May, and we'll all just have to accept millions of deaths as sacrifices to capitalism :shrug:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The Thunderbirds have been flying up and down the front range of Colorado for exactly that (probably a good excuse for seat time) for a few weeks now, I think.

It's not the biggest waste of money, but it's still a waste. Like football game flyovers.

USAFA had early graduation last week. I've been talking with a former instructor there and he tells me the whole thing has been an absolute shitshow. Even for USAFA.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Apparently they told all the lower class cadets not to come back from spring break, which is possibly the dumbest thing they could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008