Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I live on the outer banks, where there’s barely been any ‘rona at all. I get to choose if I’m evacuating inland (to the plague lands) or suffering a hit by a hurricane.

Go 2020! :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

[looks around]

“cuck”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

McNally still dropping hammers from beyond the internet grave! :ghost:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I realize this is a moment of the pot calling the kettle black, but I can’t tell who he’s supposed to be taking a pot shot at? Cuomo? Inslee? Some other Democrat? They seemed to handle things really well. The only states I’ve been thinking wtf is those in the south east.

I’m not a New Yorker, but Cuomo’s composure and outright blunt honesty in his coronavirus briefs give me the impression he is competent. Hell my brother who had the virus (and is recovered now thankfully) and lived in NYC for the last 15 years said he’s not Cuomo’s biggest fan because he’s more center than left, has said in multiple occasions said he’s doing a really good job.

Inslee seems to have shut everything down really quickly as well. I remember seeing a report showing they have flattened their curve and aren’t currently at risk of breaking their medical infrastructure, and are one of the only states that has done that.

My dad is a hard R republican and even he’s said that he’s impressed with Cuomo, to the point he said “I’d vote for him”.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

JohnnyHardcore posted:

Last time, they threw a Holiday in Cambodia.

There’s always a Moon over Marin :unsmith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That Works posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1246304015509524480

This thread breaks down the latest manuscript on Chloroquine use. Gives a good nod to the limitations of the study. So far, it doesn't work, but the study is too small to say that certainly. If it was a sure thing this would have at least reflected that, which it did not.

https://twitter.com/lucasmorin_eolc/status/1246091435453153281

It’s an antibiotic, it was never going to do anything for a virus.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I was more referring to the azithromycin included in the study. I’m fairly certain most of us here have experience with some flavor of chloroquine, and none of it fun or good.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Are you in my parents’ town :v:

I’m on the NC outer banks, where the 2 main counties that make up the area banned visitors and even non-resident property owners. Shockingly, we’ve had very few cases...and in the ones we have had, the people either listed somewhere out here as their alt-address, or moved and never updated it.

I think this is probably the most-restricted area in the country right now. They were still rebuilding from hurricane Dorian in Ocracoke, and now the corona is making things even more difficult. Another hurricane would be the absolute last thing this area needs, and guess what the prediction is for hurricane season this year?!

above average activity :(

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Toxx thread for the burning sandman. “Desolation of CSPAM” indeed :getin:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So it's less of an exponential line, and outright vertical.

gently caress

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That same system is probably responsible for thrashing part of an airport in Monroe, LA (northern part of the state).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-5NiA8Fv8D/?igshid=6j6y27pc59tz

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

They’re calling for a gale warning ( > ~40mph) offshore of NC, with attendant 15-18ft seas :stare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

They can even go in the reactor itself, but rarely.

https://nuclear.duke-energy.com/2015/11/18/career-profile-nuclear-divers

It’s the most :black101: diving there is, imo.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Life comes at you fast :haw:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’ll see if I can find it, it was a patch that said “OPERATION ENDURING CLUSTERFUCK, COVID-19”.

e: had it saved on my phone.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

This post:

pathetic little tramp posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

e: fb

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

drat, someone else saw that movie? :stare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That’s hard to port :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Christ, now the CSMs around the army and marines are going to try and outdo him.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’ve heard precious little about navy combat diving, but the idea of stuffing yourself, a rebreather, and all your gear into a torpedo tube so you can sneak out of a sub at a hilarious depth throws up every red flag I knew of, and a few I didn’t know I even had :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If the flag has stars
I can’t be put behind bars

It’s weak, but works well enough