Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

Branch Covidians.

:moonrio: so totally stealing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Reading the replies startled me because I had no idea that there was such a thing as a hardcore Yang stan.
https://twitter.com/APB_Pa/status/1246996859081707522

Oh yeah I saw a group of Yang demonstrators at Pike Place Market a few months ago.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I would totally move into an RV if I could.

During video calls a director is either in a Disneyland themed room or his RV's living room. I have no idea what's going on with his home life.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

We had a Teams meeting right after this all started and one of the sales guys had a Darth Vader costume in his home office. Turns out he builds props on the side.

Dang I wish my team was interesting. We had a guy carry his laptop outside to try to show us something in his yard. Before he lost his wifi signal it felt like an episode of Frankenstein wastes a minute of our time.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

PeterCat posted:

They're nerds, but instead of wearing Spock ears or a Harry Potter cape. they are gun nerds. Insufferable, no social skills, everything is about their stupid hobby, and they act as self-appointed gatekeepers that drive off any normal people who might be interested.

They love any excuse to wear gas masks in public too.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/markdmiller2/status/1250853153890689024

Our current group nominees are:

The People's Republic of the Pacific
The Greater Pennsylvania Dutchie
The Northern Ohio Reich (THE Ohio States?)

The classic for WA/OR/BC is Cascadia, but having California included throws that off as they'd be the powerhouse and only northern CA really fits.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

USAA changed course:

quote:

USAA, which serves military members and their families, will temporarily change its policies on overdrawn accounts to let customers collect stimulus money after The New York Times reported that it was not allowing those customers to access the funds.

The Times had reported that USAA and some other lenders were applying stimulus funds to overdraft fees and negative balances and only giving overdrawn customers the balance that remained after the accounts were zeroed out. USAA said on Thursday that it would pause overdraft collections for the next 90 days.

“This will allow members access to their full stimulus payment to help cover the costs of rent, food and other important necessities,” Matthew Hartwig, a bank spokesman, said in an email. “Beginning as early as today, we will apply this policy retroactively to any member accounts with a negative balance at the time the first stimulus checks were deposited, so that members will have access to their stimulus funds.”

The Treasury Department has begun electronically depositing funds meant to help with basic expenses into people’s bank accounts. But when funds come into accounts with negative balances, banks are legally allowed to take what is needed to bring the balance to zero.

The government checks are meant to cushion the financial blow to Americans hit hardest by the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic.

Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo are pausing their collections on negative account balances to give customers access to the government’s stimulus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/...e#link-3103ae65

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Best Friends posted:

The only reason Oprah isn't president is because she doesn't want to be. I'd make a joke about how terrible that would be but honestly she'd be a step up from our current options

To quote Lex Luthor: “...do you know how much power I'd have to give up to be President?”

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

EBB posted:

Sure, went great, they just have these piddly bolt-actions, how hard could it be?

Thousands of them had Thompson submachine guns we’d sent to the Nationalists. Sometimes still being wielded by former Nationalists involuntarily drafted into the red army.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I'm starting to fear we won't get any Seattle Mariners baseball this year :(

At least football will still likely take place, although probably with empty stadiums.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

BigDave posted:

Reminds me of the AIDS denial magazine that folded because the entire staff died from AIDS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(magazine)

Hachi machi how have I not heard of this before?!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

The klobb in goldeneye wasn't that bad a gun if you were playing with ohk

I remember finding a Škorpion in Snake Eater and only then realizing that’s what the Klobb was based off of. As I recall in Snake Eater you get it too late to be a game changer, but fun to mess around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

current event, my friend who works as a nurse in the covid ward got a move-in eviction notice.

That’s messed up, sorry to hear that