Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Gotta buy in bulk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

We can definitely do better than 240k!

The worst part is anything less shall be heralded by the CHUD masses as a bigly win and a victory from TRUMP!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Information and belief? loving belief? Jesus gently caress man it keeps getting dumber

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

but linear y axis shows USA number one by a mile!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Before this is done Trump will be in front of the media saying poo poo like "Can you believe it? Only 200,000 people, only 200,000! The media, the media they said millions would die. Millions! But you know what...not gonna happen. Not happening. And we didn't let it happen, only 200,000 people! Not bad, not bad."

His supporters will lionize him and continue to blame Democrats for this because some of them believe women should have a right to choose.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Destroying the nation is an upside for a certain segment of Americans

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Took a canoe into 3' seas at sunset with an 8 year old

If it was any other family we'd eventually get confirmation it was a murder-suicide.

Seriously, what in the gently caress? Aren't (functional) paternal instincts supposed to prevent this kind of decision making?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The article linked said they went out to possibly retrieve a ball. It was turbo stupid and the kid is dead for the worst reason

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Good news, the DOW is up so far today! The Market must be very pleased with our offerings of dead grandparents!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It's been loving amazing hearing some Never Trump folks say that, during this time, things wouldn't have been any better with Hilary. Of course they don't have any reasons beyond they don't like her.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Evety one of you loving childish idiots who supported Bernie at the detriment of beating Trump must now pledge fealty to the DNC via a Twitter post about how freshmen congresswomen of color are too outspoken and need to fall in line

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Ventura County, CA has plenty of folks out without masks in stores and generally acting like everything is fine. This place is like Orange County, CA adjacent though so no shocker. Surprisingly it hasn't been hit too hard. Yete.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Is there literally any other politician with his positions that is eligible and isn't on the DNC "gently caress this person" list?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Ilhan Omar or Rashida Tlaib are acceptable.

Their own party has previously been more active in condemning them than opposing GOP insanity.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Ok so who are the ELIGIBLE Dems that have the same platform as Sanders that the party hasn't actively tried to tear down?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If only the USPS was in trouble due to spending all their op funds on stock buy backs

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I like how the US stops before the others when it is going to climb near vertical. We have failed educating people in the US so bad they don't understand viruses so interpreting a graph is probably a bridge too far

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Wow, it's great to see both parties come together to get things done!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Chud Bigly and the rest of the Racist Brigade can poo poo talk California all they want but if this breaks poorly, well, good luck without us propping up the economy.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I know one young person upset that we aren't opening up the economy. They're a LEO who is convinced the Dems are trying to take his families money and government is the issue, and also Dems only want money to give to the poor and for abortions. Uncle Sam is the issue. They've never had a job not funded by tax payers as far as I know. Oh and they're racist.

So, ya know, brain worms

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Everyone screaming this is a hoax or we need to open the economy etc will absolutely still just blame the nebulous other and Democrats when this impacts them anyway. This is a loving freeroll for the GOP to get as much grift and groundwork for fascism as they can since the Democrats in Congress will by and large do nothing and roll over for them anyway.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

A lot of the Dem types I know (the ones making six figures who didn't like student debt forgiveness because it doesn't help them) are saying right now all focus has to be on getting through the crisis and deal with the rest later. Onus is on Trump and GOP governors, we can't be mad at Dems in Congress or ask more of them due to pandemic. Hopefully our elected Congressional leaders aren't thinking this way because holy poo poo the GOP is going long game on this one.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

When I had access to personnel records I looked up the ASVABs for my unit's senior enlisted and there was a correlation between E7 to E9 having a lower score on average than 1 to 6. E9 had, on average, the lowest. Sure they had the smallest sample pool but it was also the most pronounced drop. Go figure!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If only there were people who needed food and a sort of structure, a government that can coordinate with state and local governments and maybe departments that oversee agriculture, to ensure that those crops were being used to feed people and pay the farmers for them.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

my roommate's friend works for a construction firm in the great lakes. their owner said on a conference call that the younger guys have nothing to worry about, the coronavirus was made by the dems to kill people his age so they'll all go vote for democrats.

they won't learn. there's not reasoning with and they won't come to their senses. everyone operating off this misguided premise of "the GOP and all these people will come to their senses and see we are right" are going to loving doom us all. i can't help but wonder if the loving DNC and their lockstep voters are just thinking "surely they'll admit we are right" and exist in wait of the day they are validated by the other team or whatever. man we're hosed.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Unless the goal is foment more infections and unrest I have no idea what the goal here is. That probably is the goal, though.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm just so baffled why the gently caress these whitebread idiots are getting out there on behalf of the capitalist masters, i guess they're just that loving tribalist :/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

This is a great opportunity for them to literally poo poo on the institution of government, but I guess they're not actually the types to do things that may result in consequences that aren't invisible and have a two week incubation period.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

the people I knew from GA in the service weren't fond of Atlanta, it's too urban. it doesn't represent them or what the state is about. no no their friend in high school football is black why are you calling them out on saying the confederate flag is a symbol of hate now

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The Market, much like The Mission, can only be satiated through blood sacrifice and easily preventable human tragedy

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

This reminds me again of my sister complaining that there are enough women of color in Congress, then getting upset when a couple of them were outspoken and not falling in line.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It's loving incredible, like, do they not understand at all what's happening or just think this is not that big a deal or what? The outcome of loving up getting "back to normal" could crush us completely and is super real, but like...I mean I'm all crack pinged out man. What the gently caress?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

BigDave posted:

I mean, we really didn't have a good option. Let them walk without any consequences and yeah, we legitimize their platform.

But, if we raid them and break some heads, then they become martyrs that people can rally around and use to justify right wing terrorism, like another car bomb in front of a federal building.

they're going to go ahead and justify car bombing a federal building regardless. let it hit 'em

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah CA threw it at me no questions while I'm in school. CA tends to be pretty decent with social services. We have a lot of room for improvement, but compared to a lot of the nation, hoo boy.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

some will inject lysol, some will eat gelato, most will just suffer

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

she tore up a speech, clapped sarcastically...what else do you want? the GOP is literally impossible to deal with, they have no choice but to *checks notes* capitulate then push their passion project of giving health insurance companies a shitload of cash

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Don't worry, after he is thoroughly owned for this it will surely be the end of Trump!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Current event - the beach by my house has finally been closed to all non exercise activity. It is the most crowded I've ever seen it, to include a college age house party of about 18 persons.

We are going to be staying home until fall. Not those morons, though, way to be free.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Ah yes, Steve Jobs and his notorious exiling your family to a labor camp or straight up executing you policies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Why are you imagining what Communist leaders did, there's literally history books about it. I'm sorry, I'm trying to come up with a measured response as to why your Apple to Soviet Russia models for increased productivity similarities take is wrong and bad, but dude, what the gently caress? Yeah maybe when the whole thing catalyzes they have a charismatic leader and shared vision, but Bill didn't do 18 hours days under threat of his family going away forever.

On topic re NK, yeah, institutionalization is a hell of a thing. Most of us sure as gently caress know that one, they just take it to a whole other insane level.

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 26, 2020