Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Tell him to lead by example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

monty for mod

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Current event: Kedah is pretty and likes to cuddle her fox when i get through onboarding videos

Edit:

Belly rub tax

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

"Forgetting" I'm sure.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

ASAPI posted:

Here is my newest Current Event:

The city of Laredo has passed an ordinance that fines you $1,000 for NOT covering your mouth and nose in public.

Now I need to think about masks before my town does the same thing.

I bought something like this last year to make walking Kedah a possibility in peak pollen season. Dont think theyll really work with protecting against covid but is better than nothing and beats the fine.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B085T41QRY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_MIIHEb0EHD98X

Theyve been bought up pretty hard since this started. Thankfully you can still get the replacement files relatively easy. Just bought a30 pack last week for like 20 bucks to help with this year's pollen

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Charlotte had like a week were people had almost entirely abandoned the roads between 7pm and 7am, traffic is coming back but is still not as heavy as it normally was. Nc is going to get hit really hard soon i think

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

ASAPI posted:

I have a feeling that is going to be most places. I only go to the store when needed, keep my distance etc.

Then we have my HOA. They have decided to support local businesses and get a taco truck to show up for the community. While I am the FIRST guy to stuff my face with taco truck food, there is NO WAY, I am leaving my home to go to that. We have actual neighborhoods actively putting people in danger.

People in this apt complex were actually saying that the complex should arrange for food trucks to show up because of this. This complex also finally put out a "people can ask for forgiveness on their rent if theyve been affected" statement like 3 days ago but they arent just putting out a blanket heres 100 bucks off rent for a month policy because that would be useful. Between people in charlotte being dumb and this and other apartment complexes refusing to do anything past "shutdown common areas" we're still looking at some real bad times coming. I have either a cold or the regular flu atm but it still skeeves me out because of whats going on atm. Thankfully i have a wet cough instead of a dry cough and my job doesnt have me interact with people.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

You just know thats coming back the day they send everyone back to work. "Its time to defend our economy which has been so meanly and badly under attack by the chinese virus" is my guess how he'll phrase it

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Dont they not report a death as a covid death unless the person was tested for covid prior to the death? Its not like they have a surplus of tests so theyre using them only on some patients right?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I dunno if starting at 13.82 ( going from an indeed search in Charlotte) of the subcontractors that apply a vehicle is exactly slave wages. Its not the 17/hour Amazon is paying period here but it's better than most of what is available atm. A lot of places are hiring at like 10-12 here cuz nc sucks. It would be interesting to see what Amazon would be forced to pay if federal minimum wage wasn't 8 bucks

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ive had lovely luck with them delaying deliveries scheduled for fridays or saturdays to sundays even when it shows as our for delivery then and then marking it as undeliverable because of a blocked driveway at 5am on sunday when they dont get to the apartment complex until 11am at the earliest during that route but i understand its because they are underfunded as gently caress and dont like delivering amazon poo poo. It's still obnoxious tho

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Amazon just went from masks are recommended to masks are required when working, even delivery drivers

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah was gonna say thats them being "clever" and saying the stay at home is an emergency against America or some poo poo

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Height of post 9/11 recruitment bonuses for all? We are all fighting this invisible enemy together after all

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The circular firing squad that is GiP is starting to look more like a bunch of crabs in a bucket.

In a current event: Oil is in loving free fall mode. How long can Saudi Arabia and Russia sustain these low rear end prices? Nobody knows. West Texas Intermediate is at $15 a barrel for the first time since the loving 90’s. That’s insane before you even take inflation into account.

The 1.66 in getting in charlotte is nuts. I didn't think i would ever see sub 1.90 gas in NY again but here we are

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well definately not the cousin he had blasted with a AAA gun

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Gonna be fun watching poo poo cities like Charlotte and Atlanta and Orlando break out and gently caress their hospitals in the next few weeks.

At times like this im really happy i live on the outer ring of Charlotte proper

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I can't really complain about Charlotte, I've never had the misfortune to find myself there. I had a roommate some 20 years ago who was from there and he left an impression, I guess.

Thankfully not from here and getting back to a real state as soon as possible. This place is loving weird. No local ties also means a lack of interaction with the sickies and me skipping away uninfected hopefully

Stravag fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 23, 2020

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Weirdly enough they use lasers to cool stuff down really, really, REALLY cold.

Wait so in the first halo novel when they were talking about using lasers to cool this :krad: new reactor design that was actually based on something? :catstare:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

Our apartment complex had a small fitness room (as well as a pool) and both are closed indefinitely. I'd imagine that a lot of people in a similar situation didn't have much in the way of personal fitness equipment at home for that kind of reason.

Same and my complex still hasn't breathed a word about discounts for all the closed public areas even tho dozens have asked them for it. It's amazing. Maintenence staff still working without masks or anything too

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

Oh are you my neighbor

Maybe if you're in North Charlotte.

Amazon put out a text saying they had another confirmed case in this fc, black trump supporter guy walks up to me and goes "they had another here. Supposedly." He also walks around with his mask protecting his neck or in his pocket and doesn't believe it's real or what good masks and gloves are gonna do. Dudes really ...odd. i made a joke about loving white people and he went off about "dont blame white people they get blamed for enough. My best friend is white. Blame the asians and mexicants." I had to glance down to make sure my arms were still white as gently caress cuz it just threw me that hard

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fallom posted:

That’s an Uncle Ruckus move

In the same 5 minutes he also said blacks and mexicans were trying to fight him at work when he wore his trump hat to work and i think he took my "yeah i can imagine" to mean "wow thats rough" not "yeah i can imagine them being pissed".

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I have trouble believing that someone who made ranting about who the main character was in a kingdom hearts sequel part of his show is slightly unbalanced you guys.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

bengy81 posted:

I saw on twitter its because he is a month away from hitting a milestone that pays out a 3/4 billion dollar bonus, and this stay at home stuff is making his number look bad, so he might not get his money.

We should feel bad for the musky man, doesn't he deserve his money?

Ofc he does. And the fed deserves to tax all income over 50 million at 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

50 million was my cutoff too lol

I had a giggle moment and thought about saying 101% so you could literally have people paying themselves so much they went broke. Hell besos makes something stupid like 6.3 million either a day or a week cant remember which, imagine how much we could do for the country if everything after either his first 9 days or 9 weeks of income went straight to taxes